SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help understanding Kerry's Records.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oflyboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: I need help understanding Kerry's Records. Reply with quote

What's the deal with Kerry not releasing his records. From what I understand, he refuses to sign a DOD Form 180. I have been retired 22 years and don't know what a Form 180 is. I assume it is a form that gives the DOD permission to release records under the freedom of information act.

What am I missing here by thinking that if Kerry were to sign the 180, it would put to rest a lot of the allegations concerning the award of his medals. It seems to me that he medical and personnel records would reflect all the pertinent information concerning his wounds, who wrote the medal citations and etc.

As long as he refuses to release the records, it will look as though he has something to hide.

Anyway, maybe someone can enlighen me as to what's the whole story is about releasing the records.

BTW, I don't care what the records show, his testimony to the Senate in 1971 and throwing away his medals/ribbons was enough for me to despise him.
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree with you more.

Your going to see a lot of signs in DC with the words

John: 180 on them. Thats for sure.
teach-u
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this clearly indicates he is hiding something, but just looking at the records he has already released is damning enough and in some cases conclusive proof that his awards were fraudulent (the excruciating details are in other posts on this site) My only concern is how the media will spin the 180 if Kerry' signs it and we are back to he-said she-said with the public. I don't know what's in his file but this case in my opinion does not rely on it.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are questions being raised as to three (3) different versions of his Silver Star. Please see the below thread:

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3360&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
www.thebattleofkontum.com
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not knowledgeable about the method for having a citation rewritten, but I'm sure it's in the BUPERSMAN - which I think is on line.

There are three different versions of his Silver Star and two different versions of his Bronze.

baldeagl, where are you? I think baldeagl has laid out a pretty complete timeline on this.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I am not knowledgeable about the method for having a citation rewritten, but I'm sure it's in the BUPERSMAN - which I think is on line.

There are three different versions of his Silver Star and two different versions of his Bronze.

baldeagl, where are you? I think baldeagl has laid out a pretty complete timeline on this.

I have his timeline on my blog, but I have not done any research on the multiple citation issue. Bandit has some on his forum, but not much yet.

Frankly, there are so many other bald-faced lies, that the multiple citation issue seems secondary to me.
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the form in question:

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/i133213_122368/i133213p.pdf

It replaced the DD 1108
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: What does a SF-180 do? Reply with quote

The SF-180 (Standard Form - 180) is a request by a former military member to provide copies of all personal records. It is not a blanket form for all records held by the Military. It is not a form for giving permission to respond to an FOIA request from anyone. An FOIA request is limited in scope under the law. Individual personnel records are exempt from examination by anyone other than the individual personnaly or those designated in writing as representing the veteran (usually an attorney or NOK). The common exemption to this is the portion of the law which transferes personnel records of commissioned officers to the national archives at a stated point in years. At that time, the records are made public records and open for examination.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14774

Henry Mark Holzer and Erika Holzer..grreat column today
~snip
An Army officer formerly in the Pentagon’s “awards and decorations” hierarchy for many years, explains the amendment process for military citations this way:
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: I need help understanding Kerry's Records. Reply with quote

oflyboy wrote:
What am I missing here by thinking that if Kerry were to sign the 180, it would put to rest a lot of the allegations concerning the award of his medals.

But Kerry knows it will also put to rest any chances of winning the White House. Signing a form 180 would be political suicide because he would no longer be a decorated war hero, but a fraud.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOES ANYONE ELSE BUT ME WONDER HOW IN FOUR MONTHS YOU GET HIT 3 TIMES,SIGN YOUR OWN COMBAT ACTION REPORT'S,AND GET TO COME HOME. EVERYONE I SERVED WITH HAD TO BE REMOVED FROM THE FIELD ON A STRETCHER BEFORE THEY CONSIDERED THEMSELVES TO BE "WOUNDED". I DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE WANTED TO SERVE WITH A SISSY,OR SOMEONE WHO WOULD HAVE EVEN CONSIDERED ACCEPTING A PURPLEHEART UNDER THE CONDITIONS THAT THIS CLOWN DID! I STILL SEE TOO MANY OF MY PARTNERS THAT WERE BLEEDING BAD ENOUGH TO BE EVAC'ED BUT WOULD NOT LEAVE THEIR BROTHER'S BEHIND. I'M MISSING 46% OF MY LEFT HAMSTRING BUT I DIDN'T GET TO FILL OUT MY ACTION REPORT. HOW DO YOU GET TO DO THAT? PLUS,HE THREW HIS MEDALS AWAY....HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO HAVE THEM RECORDED. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL "HANOI JOHN" TO JOIN "HANOI JANE" AND SIT DOWN-SHUT-UP AND DROP OUT OF THIS ONE. THIS IS ONE WAR THAT HE WON'T GET TO FILL OUT HIS OWN C.A.R.'S IT SCARES ME TO THINK OF THIS IDIOT AS BEING OUR C-I-C. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: