SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We have come a long way....downhill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magliano
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: We have come a long way....downhill Reply with quote

Can you imagine a World War II veteran being discharged and coming home to conduct himself in the despicable manner Kerry did ever having a prayer of running for President say in 1960? Back in the days when the press had some semblance of integrity and a clear majority of Americans demonstrated some brain wave activity, it would have been inconceivable that a guy like Kerry could have run for President. The fact that such a person can run today is yet another slap in the face of Vietnam veterans and evidence of how far we have come....downhill.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just another in a series of slaps. Mistreatment from too many citizens, amnesty to draft dodgers while we being ridiculed and slighted and finally, a draft dodger for President.

Maybe we should be getting used to it by now, but somehow, I just can't.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame you, Lew - I refuse to "get used to it."

We can't allow that kind of crap to happen EVER again.
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, this is what happens when "charater" is no longer important to people in terms of a President. Think about it for a moment, if you will.

JFK once said: Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Nowdays, all many people care about is what the government (or their country) can "give" them. And they don't care WHO is dispensing it.
cgc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Good Post, and you're right!!!!!!! Reply with quote

So true, President Bush's father was a WWII vet, so was Senator Dole, and Senator Daniel Inoue (spelling) from Hawaii to name a few.I do not believe I have ever heard then using their war experience to win votes. I cannot remember the men from WWII ever bragging about their medals or "War Exploits". I grew up around that generation, My father had 11 brothers and 1 sister. All the brothers saw military service, My father was wounded in the war, and a couple of my Uncles. I didn't even know that until one day my mother mentioned it in a passing remark. One of my Uncles had only two fingers on one hand, he used to say he lost them in an "accident" But the truth was he left part of his hand in a battle somewhere in the Pacific. The veterans of WWII were a real class act, (no pun intended) Yea, Kerry would of lasted about two days in a VFW full of WWII vets. They (WWII vets) had ******** filters that saw through lies, and glory seekers. Also if you can think of a WWII vet who came back home and made the accusations against his fellow vets as Kerry has, I'm willing to bet he wasn't ever elected to any office. I can also say as a Swift Boat Veteran myself, we never cut off anybodys ears, genitals, heads, nor did we rape any women or shoot any kids or any of that other crap he testified to. To this very day, my blood just boils to remember the testimony that painted all of us Viet Nam vets as criminals and misfits, And Kerry delivered that testimony. To use one of Kerry's famous lines: Its seared, just seared in my memory. We'll never forget the truth.

cgc 68-69 Swift Boat Veteran, Crew 6C, An Toi, Danang
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: