SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/graphics/swiftboat_082104.html

This graphic shows Kerry leaving all the other boats behind.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOO... our "heavy lifters" are going to go to town on that one!

Smile
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/graphics/swiftboat_082104.html

This graphic shows Kerry leaving all the other boats behind.

Unidentified explosion? What is that a WP invention?
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see so many problems with it, from what I know....but I did not want to add to any confusion by writing them out.

The guys there will do this one justice. But the title of the graphic still must be... "Watch Kerry Flee"

Last edited by integritycounts on Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Gardner the gunner and not Alston?
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought rasmman was in the water so close to the other boats that he had to go under water not to be hit by them going to help the 3 boat? From this diagram he is on down the river.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alston was the gunner on that mission, or at least gardner was not according to him
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This account and the records they used to create it, do indicate that Rassmann account is flawed at best, a lie at worst.

Rassmann says he saw the convoy turn around...how is that?
Its not on the graphic?
You would think the Washington Post would jump all over this...you would think.

---------------------------------
From John Kerry's website

Eyewitness account from James Rassmann also details the fact that PCF-94 and other boats were under fire . In March of 2004, Rassmann, a registered Republican who had not seen Kerry in more than 30 years before their reunion in Iowa this year, recalled the following: “Viet Cong snipers fired at him, and Rassmann submerged over and over to avoid being hit. The bullets came from both banks, and Rassmann had nowhere to go. He began thinking his time had come, but the fifth time he came up, he saw the convoy had turned around. Kerry had ordered the boats back to pick up the man overboard. Kerry's boat, under heavy fire, sidled up to the struggling soldier. Rassmann tried to scramble up a cargo net at the bow but was too exhausted to make it all the way. He clung to the net as bullets whizzed past.” [Los Angeles Times, 3/13/04]
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused were not Alston and Peck severely wounded on Jan 29 '69 ?
Didn't Kerry take over PCF 94 after Peck ?
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first I’ve read where Kerry’s boat is “rocked by an unidentified explosion.”

O’Neill’s book and all other accounts I’ve read, including Rassmann’s leave the impression that Rassman was blown out of the water when the mine exploded. However, in all fairness, how could Rassmann be blown from Kerry’s boat when the mine hit Pees’ boat?

Now, I’m confused.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sen. Kerry's Statement On THe Senate Floor As a Eulogy For Mr. Thomas Belodeau.

"There was the time we were carrying special forces up a river and a mine exploded under our boat sending it 2 feet into the air. We were receiving incoming rocket and small arms fire and Tommy was returning fire with his M-60 machine gun when it literally broke apart in his hands. He was left holding the pieces unable to fire back while one of the Green Berets walked along the edge of the boat to get Tommy another M-60. As he was doing so, the boat made a high speed turn to starboard and the Green Beret kept going--straight into the river. The entire time while the boat went back to get the Green Beret, Tommy was without a machine gun or a weapon of any kind, but all the time he was hurling the greatest single string of Lowell-Chelmsford curses ever heard at the Viet Cong. He literally had swear words with tracers on them!'
http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48

According to Kerry, first a mine explodes under HIS boat. Not NEAR his boat, but UNDER his boat. Sending it 2 feet into the air. After sending it TWO feet into the air, the boat continued on, and then made a high speed turn to starboard (Throwing the Green Beret (Rassmann) into the water. If it turned right, it would go directly into the bank according to the diagram). So according to Sen. Kerry the turn caused Rassmann to go into the water, and a mine exploded under PCF-3. THis certainly conflicts with the WaPo diagram, and is just another one of the many varying accounts by Sen. Kerry, his campaign, and his Band Of Brothers.

Last edited by ord33 on Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is too good, hubby and I have been going over a few things and are still looking at stuff regarding all this, but we found this and thought it was interesting.

Look at #8 of the graphic and what it says about Rassmann then look at his account of the story from this below news article from the Oregonian dated July 29th, 2004.

Quote:
Rassmann gave a detailed retelling to the Oregon delegates. The former Green Beret remembered sitting on the deck of the pilothouse of Kerry's boat, eating a chocolate chip cookie, when an explosion under a nearby boat blew him into the Bay Hap River and caused Kerry to smash his arm.

Rassmann said he swam to the bottom of the river to avoid being run over by the escaping Swift boats. But every time he came up for air, the enemy shot at him. He swam for the north bank, expecting to be captured and probably executed.

After five or six dives, Rassmann said, he looked up and saw Kerry's boat coming back for him. He met the boat at the center of the river and then grabbed a rope "scramble net" hanging over the bow. He climbed the arch of the bow but could not pull himself over the lip.

In the Oregonian article he was blown off Kerry's boat from an explosion under a NEARBY boat. Yet in #8 of the graphic Kerry's boat is rocked by an unidentified explosion. The 2 boats were no where near each other as far as the 3 and the 94 for the explosion from the 3 to affect the 94.

Note also to avoid being run over by the escaping boats he would go to the bottom of the river, BUT there were no other boats around the 94, so why would he have to dive to the bottom to avoid them.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video from the Iowa primaries on Jan. 17 also gives yet another conflicting description of the events.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=30107#30107
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As he was doing so, the boat made a high speed turn to starboard...

Uh.... right up onto the bank of the canal? The last time I checked, a starboard turn was to the RIGHT.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: