SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grounded PCF's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Hetherton, jr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Grounded PCF's Reply with quote

I was in Cam Ranh Bay, NSF, from April 68 to Dec 69. Was any one a Swiftie recall two boats going aground just south of CRB. Probably early in 1969. I think one boat had gone hung up on shallow coral, another went to try and pull it out and it got hung up. I was on the crew that went down to pull them out. We tried LCU and we couldn't move them. A sea going tug showed up and jerked both boats off with their tow howsers. It was quite a show. Just one of my memories during my 20 month tour. Jack Hetherton, ET1.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Grounded PCF's Reply with quote

Jack Hetherton, jr wrote:
Was any one who was a Swiftie recall two boats going aground ....

In the rivers, going aground was just something that ruined your day

..... .....
........... Caught by low tide ..................... Ooops! Missed the turn! ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: