SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remind John McCain of the HONOR CODE for officers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Remind John McCain of the HONOR CODE for officers! Reply with quote

Here is an argument to try on John McCain and other Vietnam-era officers who now support Kerry and denounce SwiftVets.

Mr. McCain, I am sure you remember the honor code that all West Point cadets are obliged to follow: "A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do." Annapolis and other officer training institutions have similar ones. You are doubtlessly familiar with this honor code from your own experience as a Navy officer.

John Kerry, a commissioned officer in our Armed Forces, claimed to have thrown his decorations over the White House fence to protest the Vietnam War. Now that he is running for President, however, he says they were another man's decorations. He either lied then or he is lying now.

John Kerry, a commissioned officer in our Armed Forces, said, "There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down."

Mr. McCain, this statement leaves exactly two possibilities: Lieutenant Kerry* obeyed orders that he knew were "contrary to the laws of warfare," or else he was lying. Having been a Navy officer yourself, please give us your opinion of what a commissioned officer of the U.S. Armed Forces is supposed to do when he is confronted with an order that is "contrary to the laws of warfare."

Now, Mr. McCain, remember that an officer shall not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do. Do you feel that an individual who, in his capacity as an officer of our Armed Forces, lied about throwing his medals away and either lied about atrocities or confessed to obeying orders he knew were illegal, is fit to be Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces?

* One is tempted to say "Lieutenant Calley, I mean Kerry"

Last edited by Bill Levinson on Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZ Bill,

Send to every press outlet you can think of!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: