SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Media Bias Against the SwiftVets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Media Bias Against the SwiftVets Reply with quote

Wolf Blitzer of CNN is clearly biased in his coverage of the controversy involving the SBVT group and Kerry camp's spinmeisters. In his kickoff story at Noon today, Aug. 22, he spun the story in a way clearly favorable to Kerry's campaign. In Wolf's view, the only issue that matters is whether there is a connection between the Bush campaign and the SBVT group. He showed the Kerry campaign's new ad, providing audio voiceover as well as footage. When he showed the new SBVT ad, he did not include the audio portion, which has Kerry in his own words accusing his fellow vets of war crimes. You can protest Blitzer's biased handling of the story by writing to wolf@cnn.com .

By contrast, ABC's George Stephanopoulis's ThisWeek program provided a fair forum for John O'Neill to state the SBVT's case against Kerry against Kerry campaign spokesman John Podesta. The ABC program was fair and balanced -- the CNN news lead today on Blitzer's program was clearly biased.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "media" may be biased, for sure.
Individuals in the media are, for certain.

My take is that for the most part, there are too many allegations for the media to ignore. So they are getting right on this stuff:
One of the most popular positions, lately, is to assert "this needs looking into! Why doesn't somebody look into this?"
What that does is lay a foundation, indicate you (the obviously unbiased reporter) really want this cleared up, as soon as a well credentialed journalist has the time to do things.
Then, later on you (the obviously unbiased reporter) can proudly say "I sure am glad I steered the press on that <true> <untrue> story ... see how dedicated I am? Didn't I predict it would turn out that way?"
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Media Bias Against the SwiftVets II Reply with quote

I believe Fox News has been reasonably fair and balanced in covering the issues raised by the SBVT and the countercharges of the Kerry campaign. But the same cannot be said for CNN. Blitzer's bias is very evident. He has expressed wonder and astonishment that the Kerry campaign has waited so long to react to the SBVT sponsored ads. He keeps focusing on whether there is a link between the Bush campaign staff and SBVT. What he REFUSES to do is to look at the charges raised by John O'Neill against Kerry's service record.

Also, when Tad Davine, an attack dog for the DNC, hits the media with charges of "smear" and "lies" against the Swift Vets -- I'm wondering where Davine is coming from on that. Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony can't be disputed. John Podesta and the other Kerry spinmeisters are now saying that this is testimony that Kerry was relaying on from people at the Winter Soldier meeting in Detroit. That's a cop out. Kerry made their propaganda his own!! He has take responsibility for that. He can't duck that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: