SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush and his 180

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Bush and his 180 Reply with quote

Did Bush sign a SF180 or did he just release what records he wants to release like Kerry has?

No guesses, please. Does anyone know whether Bush signed 180?

And to drive you a little batty, here is a line from Kerry speech to the VFW last week.

Quote:
Let me make this clear ... for 35 years I have stood up, and fought, and kept faith with my fellow veterans ... as president I will stand with you to complete that mission.

Oddly, the line was removed form the official transcript on Kerry's website.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has never been a question used by the news media, so I assume the President did sign his SF 180. I do know that the press was given a folder of papers that was 3 to 4 inches thick, and after that they seemed to drop all attacks on Bush's Air National Guard service. But Kerry, the war hero, who has made his Viet Nam service a cornerstone of his election, has not signed his SF 180.

Last edited by FrydayNC1 on Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan,

I remember that statement because I was shouting, "Liar, liar!" at my TV right after he said it.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if President Bush HAD to sign a 180, he is the Commander in Chief and when he tells the DoD to release his Records, they have to do it. Also the release of Pay Stubs and Medical Records CAN NOT be done without having done so. It is not information available under the FOIA and requires the authorisation of the individual Veteran.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left would like to make this about Bush. Don't let them. Bush didn't come back and call vets "baby killers, etc." only kerry.
MrBuzzcut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush did not make his time in the NG the focus of his campaign in 2000 ... he has been CiC for 3.5 years and men and women of the armed forces generally love him.

This whole deal is about a dude who cavorted with the enemy then puffed up his war record when it was politically expedient.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Baby Killers Reply with quote

Speaking of "baby killers", Mort Kondracke on Fox News' Beltway Boys (8/251/04 6 PM EDT) said that SBVT implied that Kerry WAS a "baby killer" (probably after reading about the sampan incident pp. 53-56). Kondracke said that "Kerry will have to answer these charges".

What about an ad that plays back Kerry's 1971 testimony about "shooting civilians", then have Steve Gardner briefly summarize Kerry's actions (his failure to warn about the sampan on radio led to a child being killed)?

Then play back Kerry saying "razing villages", "shot cattle and dogs for fun", "free-fire zones, shooting anything that moves", then have George Bates recount Kerry's shooting of pigs and chickens and torching an empty village (page 60).

And, of course, have a veteran (Bill Franke or Tom Wright) explain that Kerry had violated Navy Rules of Engagement.

What do you think? Maybe this needs improvement, but food for thought!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: