SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you switched KETCHUP yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Have you switched KETCHUP yet? Reply with quote

I know it's a stupid question, but I've used Heinz my whole life up until maybe a month or so ago when I switched to Del Monte (PLEASE don't tell me Howard Dean is married to the Del Monte heiress).

I was just a little curious how many of you have done the same. I'd be interested to see if their sales have changed at all in the past couple months.

NOTE I tried to enter a poll, but it responded I had 'too many polls entered'. Polls are not allowed, or am I just too dumb to figure it out?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're trying to figure out how to remove polls as an option, but so far, none of the combinations we've tried allows us to remove it completely.

But, to answer your question, no - we haven't switched ketchup - we're still using Hunts. Wink

PS - I'm moving this to the geedunk. Smile

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot all about the 3rd party ketchup.

Thanks for the heads-up! Wink
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that a long time ago. Recently we went to the store to get Ketchup and Hunt's and Del Monte were out of stock, we bought generic. The fact that the others were out of stock tells me a lot. Semper Fi.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use Heinz Ketchup but in memory of the man she inherited the money from not because of Teresa. Smile
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: It's OK to buy Heinz products. Reply with quote

I switched ketchup, but will go back to Heinz when this bottle runs out.

Barron's magazine reports that Teresa (and/or her foundation) hardly owns any Heinz stock anymore, and that the current CEO of Heinz has donated a lot of money to Bush. No kidding!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: It's OK to buy Heinz products. Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:
I switched ketchup, but will go back to Heinz when this bottle runs out.

Barron's magazine reports that Teresa (and/or her foundation) hardly owns any Heinz stock anymore, and that the current CEO of Heinz has donated a lot of money to Bush. No kidding!

Send the partially used bottle to the DNC as a donation...or better yet put in on EBay.

http://search.ebay.com/political-memorabilia_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsotrZ2QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsosortorderZ1
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you go to the heinz website and do just a quick reference search and public relation briefs checks you will see the Heinz Family DISTANCES themselves greatly from her and her husband.Hienz is and always will be a conservative republican donating company. I'm from the Burgh,where the family and company is from and my father (USN CPO/CORPSMAN WWII 1942-1946) went to school with many of them including members of the Smuckers family(that tasty jam you spread on your toast in the morning..roots as Pittsburgh Amish-Dutch/German) and are hardly liberal.Her late husband was a very conservative Republican Senator and politician from Penn.They have given $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to GWB and the GOP and only a token $5000 to the Donkeys.Its all there at there website.Up until a year ago she was a registered republican...to me...she's just flat odd.She is a female version of that whacked out nutcase Buchannon who for years made us republicans,libertarians and conservatives cringe every time he opened his racist backwards ass mouth.Thank God the GOP finally kicked him out of the party after numerous warnings when after a speach he made that was so anti semetic, so anti black,mexican etc etc etc... it made me, an irish catholic gasp in stunned disbelief.Now he's what? a fringe candidate for the libertarians? They cant stand him either.there are whackos in every party.It just stands as fact that the left monopolizes its fruitcakes.

pardon my spelling and grammer..I'm at work...gotta run!

that is all
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had one of the Hunt kids on the edge of our crowd in High
School. But I still like Heinz. Maybe the next time to the
Commissary I'll sneak in a bottle of Hunts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: