SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senator Bob Dole with Wolf Blitzer Today on John Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Senator Bob Dole with Wolf Blitzer Today on John Kerry Reply with quote

I didn't see the entire interview but Senator Dole questioned the three purple hearts he also mentioned that he doesn't believe Senator Kerry had spent any time in a hospital and that he had never received any service connected disability rating. I thought that last part was very interesting I assume Kerry never applied for a service disability rating from the VA but it will be interesting to document whether Kerry has any service connected disability and whether his injuries would ever qualify for a disability rating based on VA criteria.

Senator Dole also asked Blitzer to investigatve the charges made by both Kerry and swift boat veterans for truth, Blitzer replied that Senator Dole may not believe him while Senator Dole said he would accept his report.....

JK
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator Bob Dole with Wolf Blitzer Today on John Kerry Reply with quote

JK wrote:
Senator Dole also asked Blitzer to investigatve the charges made by both Kerry and swift boat veterans for truth, Blitzer replied that Senator Dole may not believe him while Senator Dole said he would accept his report.....

JK

That's very interesting. By Blitzer stating that Dole wouldn't believe a report by Blitzer, that already implies Blitzer's biased in favor of Kerry. How corrupt is that?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhist,

Blitzer just got called to the carpet by one of the GOP's most respected politicians and by the one of this nation's most respected combat veterans. He didn't like it one bit.

Truth is Beauty
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/22/134724.shtml
Good artical on Dole here
calls Kerry out pretty good
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of anyone more uniquely qualified to comment on the topic.
Both men were Senators, combat vets and ran for President.
I initially thought that Sen. Dole would pull a McCain and unconditionally support his fellow "brother".
Boy was I wrong.
He aggressively challenged the severity and motivation behind Kerry's three Purple Hearts.
He also was not very impressed with his record as a Senator.
He mentioned that he served 15 years with Kerry in the Senate and could not recall one piece of significant legislation that came by with his (Kerry's) name on it. Ouch.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP has picked up the Bob Dole story. Dole says Kerry got an early exit from Vietnam for three "superficial" wounds. Says Kerry wasn't the only one who served in Vietnam and that he should apologize for comment made before the Senate. Dole said he warned Kerry about going "too far".
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up for Dole!!!!!!
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW... Bob Dole is also calling on Kerry to release all his records, here's part of what Sen Dole said.

Dole told CNN's "Late Edition" that he warned Kerry months ago about going "too far" and that the Democrat may have himself to blame for the current situation, in which polls show him losing support among veterans.

"One day he's saying that we were shooting civilians, cutting off their ears, cutting off their heads, throwing away his medals or his ribbons," Dole said. "The next day he's standing there, 'I want to be president because I'm a Vietnam veteran.

"Maybe he should apologize to all the other 2.5 million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one in Vietnam," said Dole, whose World War II wounds left him without the use of his right arm.

Dole added: "And here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds. Three Purple Hearts and you're out."
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Dole is a true Hero.
4moreyears
Former Member

Next SBVFT ad should feature Bob Dole's comment much the same way that McCain's comment were featered by kerry.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

That is powerful Lily.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily wrote:
AP has picked up the Bob Dole story. Dole says Kerry got an early exit from Vietnam for three "superficial" wounds. Says Kerry wasn't the only one who served in Vietnam and that he should apologize for comment made before the Senate. Dole said he warned Kerry about going "too far".

Finally, finally, finally. Someone at a high level has spoken clearly, simply and cleanly about Kerry's 1971 testimony about "U.S. military atrocities."

FDL
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part about this, is, that Bob Dole is the sole, unique Republican Party Military Veteran that can make these statements and not be accused of doing "Bush's Dirty Work". It's Bob Dole's opinion. It will be awful hard for the Democratic Party to attack Dole without shooting themselves in the foot.................errrrr........... I mean sustaining a self-inflicted wound.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a truly great article. I've always really liked Dole and was and still am disappointed that he didn't defeat clinton. He would have been a vastly better and more respected president. Thank God that he came out and said what needed to be said, and like people here have said, he's the one very uniquely qualified person that can say it and not be attacked as just being a Bush mouthpiece, which is an empty accusation anyway since no small number of SBVT are Democrats and would vote for a Democrat against Bush if it wasn't kerry. Excellent article.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: