SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The media makes me laugh...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: The media makes me laugh... Reply with quote

Hi all, new to the group. Love the commitment everyone here shows to the Swift Boat Vets. I wish them the best.

I caught this article off Yahoo news, from Reuters, commenting on the ODell appearance on FNS.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1896&ncid=703&e=7&u=/nm/20040822/us_nm/campaign_kerry_dc

I can't believe they added this part, as part of the "conspiracy" of the connection between the Vets and Republicans: Odell said he had met with Republican strategist Merrie Spaeth, a public relations consultant to his group, and once bought a home from Bob Perry, a large Republican donor from Texas and close associate of Karl Rove, the president's chief political adviser.

This is riduculous! Perry is the owner of Perry Homes...they sell houses to all of Texas!! That's how Perry made his money. O'Dell was making a joke--and being honest!! This just goes to show how dangerous Kerry and the Media feel the Swift Boat Vets are. They media are twisting EVERY statement to their advantage. I found Odell to be highly credible, very convincing even with Hurley and Wallace making points for Kerry. I've found that even during the debates were the Swift Boat Vets have been attacked, their honesty and "everyman" quality is what wins me over. I would highly recommend a group press conference, let the entire media show up--they will now! They can answer questions for an hour and sign their 180 forms live. The media will attack, but O'Neil and the others are more than capable. Plus, it will get the argument back on Kerry and away from that stupid "connections to Bush!" chorus from the media. Anyone else think this is a good idea?
willydog
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The media makes me laugh... Reply with quote

[Edited by moderator: This site isn't about Bush, please keep comments on the topic of Kerry]
willydog
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I take that to mean that you only one one of the two candidates to release all of his military records? If so, why is that? I mean, there are two major candidates in the election, and SBVT has only existed in relation to that election. If you're not an arm of the Bush campaign, why do you deem a request that both candidates release all records to be irrelevant?

Last edited by willydog on Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your New York Times chart and article show nothing more than the desparate attempt and grabbing at any straw they can to make a connection that isn't there.

If you really want a connection conspiracy, look at Lanny Davis's role in the Democratic party and his work at 527's. Look at how Michael Moore was Honored by being seated in the Presidnetial box at the DNC convention. Look at how prominet Democrats have donated millions to Moveon.org and ask how can Kerry have a letter to them requesting to take actions displayed on that site.
willydog
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator, is this site about Lanny Davis, et al? If it's not an arm of the Bush campaign, then why your obvious partisan tilt not just in your comments but in your censorship of a differing point of view? I'm saving the screenshots ...

Last edited by willydog on Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I take that to mean that you only one one of the two candidates to release all of his military records? If so, why is that?

You can take it to mean that this site is for discussing Kerry's worthiness, or lack thereof, to serve as Comamnder in Chief of the nation and the Armed Services.

But, since you seem bullheaded about asking, Bush released all of his records months ago and made them available to the media. As of yet, Kerry hasn't.

So no, I don't want only one candidate to release his full military records, I want John Kerry to also.
willydog
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you're acknowledging that this site is an arm of the Bush campaign? I thought I've been hearing both Bush people and SBVT people denying that. Who is lying, them or you? Remember, I am saving screenshots. You're being recorded.

Record this....

Admin Note:

This forum was designed to facilitate the discussion of the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth strong conviction that John Kerry is unfit to serve as Commander-In-Chief.

If your defense of John Kerry can only be couched in rhetoric denigrating the fitness of another candidate, then we suggest that you find another venue for that expression.

Thank you,

Admin
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willydog,

You're a troll.

No, this site is NOT an arm of the Bush campaign. The only thing that unites people here is that they do not think that Kerry should be president.
jimbob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, is free speech dead in this country! I am a republican supporter. Does that make it illegal for me to donate! My brother, an army paratrooper, has a picture of himself with then VP George Bush I. Does this tie me to the Bush Jr. campaign? Are democrats really calling for the silence of opposing views. Democrat used to mean representatives of the poor and working class. Then it became the representatives of liberalism. Now I wonder if they really are subversives of freedom and closet communists
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save all the screenshots you want.

This site exists to support Swifts.

It has nothing to do with anyone but Kerry and the Swifts.

Your posts are irrelevant to the subject matter.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perimeter clear
Navy_Brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'Day,

Funny guy, this wileydog, got no more to say.....

Jeff Eldridge
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willy you are silly. Your childish rant only confirms what that you do not at all care about the truth. Please, if you want lies and distortions go to DU, they are in abundance there. You will thrive!

Zell Miller
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article was a lot of effort for a misleading headline.

Here is a fact:

The man responsible for getting Fahrenheit 9/11 made has the exact same relationship to the DNC as Mr. Perry does to the GOP.

Bob Weinstein, who runs Miramax films with his brother, personally agreed to make Fahrenheit 9/11 under Disney's noses, and eventually repurchased it from Disney. He is one of, if not THE, top DNC fundraiser in Hollywood.

He is friends with Clinton, and McCauliffe, etc... He has given MILLIONS to the DNC. He is not shy about this.

This is the exact relationship that Mr. Perry has with the GOP, though I would be surprised Mr. Perry has given as much money as Weinstein.

This is a drop in the bucket of all the money from DNC donors that are pouring into anti-Bush 527s.

The media, of course, knows this. They do not care.

These trolls have to know how silly that chart is when compared side by side with MoveOn.org, ACT, Fahrenheit 9/11, etc...
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
acs99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your telling me that MoveOn.Org and all the other 527's (who have donated far more money to negative ads on Bush than this site) aren't an armchair of the Kerry campaign?

Typical liberal hypocrite. Go take a look at how much money George Soros has plugged into liberal 527's and then come back here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: