SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dole story on front page of ABCnews.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Dole story on front page of ABCnews.com Reply with quote

This is just completely blowing up in Kerry's face. From the front page of abcnews.com:

Dole Questions Kerry's Vietnam Wounds
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040822_1485.html

In the mean time Kerry continues to attack Bush and blame Bush for what the SBVT are doing. We're watching a major political meltdown in progress. The longer Kerry refuses to address the facts the more foolish he is going to look.

Keep doing what you're doing.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen the internet just blazing away as it is today. Bloggers
who usually shut down for the weekend are just sticking to their computers and catching all the news they can and are sending it out as
soon as it can be.
Amazing, there are stories coming out about Kerry that have been around
for a long time that show him for what he is, and now it is coming
out.
Whew, the moderators must really be moving! It is all coming here
as well and it is something to see.
Kerry only has to sign the release and tell the truth, not that he would
be elected president but at least it would show he has some courage. Wink
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That same AP story is also the leading headline in the yahoo website as well. Does anybody know if Dole is going to be speaking at the Republican convention? It would be a terrible mistake if he is not included in the lineup of speakers.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a major news story. Heck, just a bit down the ABC front page is the headline "Senate Republicans Weigh Dismantaling CIA". Huge news on any other day...
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited by Moderator - unappropriate comment!
Love this part,

Dole added: "And here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds. Three Purple Hearts and you're out."
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anybody know if Dole is going to be speaking at the Republican convention?

I think the quota on moderate republican speakers has already been met. Smile

Last edited by GenrXr on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should note that at least half of the ABC news article about Dole includes charges against SBVT as well as President Bush that have NOTHING to do with Dole's comments!

Typical MSM spin!!!!
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet, you are right that this is typical leftist AP spin. However, I would say that despite all that spinning around, people will still walk away remembering the comments about the superficial wounds and this part:

"One day he's saying that we were shooting civilians, cutting off their ears, cutting off their heads, throwing away his medals or his ribbons," Dole said. "The next day he's standing there, `I want to be president because I'm a Vietnam veteran.' Maybe he should apologize to all the other 2.5 million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one in Vietnam," said Dole, whose World War II wounds left him without the use of his right arm.

Dole added: "And here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds. Three Purple Hearts and you're out."
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Dole and thought he would have made a good president. Compared to Clinton, he would have been a great president.

Getting respected leaders like Dole to weigh has really elevated the cause. It simply cannot be snuffed out now, it has to proceed to its inevitabel conclusion. Kerry has to release his records, there is no way around it now.

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: