SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are we inadvertently helping Kerry become President?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Are we inadvertently helping Kerry become President? Reply with quote

With the media focus squarely on Kerry's military service and OFF his 25+ years ultra-liberal voting record, are we inadvertently helping him become President?
To paraphrase Newton's 3rd law of motion, "Every intention has an equal and opposite result."
I'll bet Kerry's group thinks they can "fade the heat" resulting from his questionable military service easier than that of his Senate voting record.
Think about it, he can trot out men who will agree with his side of a 35 year old story, where memories tend to fail, and plant the seed of doubt in the electorate much easier than he can explain away his voting record that's written in stone. I think at first Kerry's camp was nervous, but now have come to see this firestorm as a welcome smokescreen to hide his ultra-liberal views which may sway voters more quickly than his service record. My .02
P.S. I hope I'm wrong!
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only August! Given attention spans the timing is great!
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

The tracking polls say otherwise....very strongly as do the results from HCD reserach and the Anneburg Political Center (Univ Pennsylvania). This is more Dem tripe to try to get us to shut up. Fact is, we'd do it even if it did help Kerry.

Truth is Beauty
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the story gets out to enough veterans and they begin to believe the Swift Boat Vets I think Kerry is done. O'Niel has stated that he could care less about Bush. This is about them and Vietnam.

It could hurt Bush, anything can happen...but...not Bush's fight.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB,

Agreed! Politically this is Dukakkis and 1988 all over again (remember Willy Horton) except this time no spinning is necessary. The truth is kryponite enough.

Truth is Beauty
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Fact is, we'd do it even if it did help Kerry.

Bingo!

Zell Miller
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question, but I think he would give a few million Heinz bucks right now if the vets would go away. This sure isn't helping him, or hurting Bush, no matter what Kerry's saying. He's admitting that he has lied, publically, and I can't see that "helping" his campaign for president. The Democrats thought he could easily dethrone Bush until this came up, now I'm seeing doubts and counter-attacks, including an attempt to stifle freedom of the press. Does that sound like a "strategy"? Or desperation?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't that much about exposing Kerry's Senatorial record, others are doing that. Right now, Swift vets are getting the notoriety and taking the heat while Kerry tries to slam Bush instead of responding to the charges leveled against him. The public and leftstream media are seeing this and are also starting to ask questions. They can't cover-up his actions forever and will be forced to actually look at the "hero" they have chosen.

Polls at this time are pretty much meaningless.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you are wrong and your wish will be granted
MarcB
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I think you will see phase three off the SBVT attack to be the congressional record.

phase 1. the war
phase 2. the Anti-war
phase 3. the congressional record or lack of one.

I am still confused

Marc

- Winston Churchill, on Neville Chamberlain
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the0point wrote:
If the story gets out to enough veterans and they begin to believe the Swift Boat Vets I think Kerry is done. O'Niel has stated that he could care less about Bush. This is about them and Vietnam.

It could hurt Bush, anything can happen...but...not Bush's fight.

Personally, I can't see where continuing to hammer Kerry, IF the end result is helping him to become President, is a winning position for the rest of "U.S." He's already been pretty much "outed" for the public to make a decision based on his record and character - or lack of.
Remember Klinton, who would've thought he could survive lying under oath, and answering questions with "that depends on what the definition of is, is.
Hopefully while we pummel Kerry on his service, the Bush camp will continue to hammer away at his voting record.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your theory is flawed and here is why...

Kerry no longer wants to talk about Vietnam. If somehow this wish is granted...

What will he then have to talk about?

His 18 years in the senate.

Remember, the only reason we weren't talking about that to begin with was that Kerry only wanted to talk his four months in Vietnam.

Now we know how that worked out...
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know how post end up being repeated!

But another thought as well. The strategy here is not to get Bush elected. Obviously, all of us think Kerry would be a terrible President, and an even worse CinC.

But the objective here is to simply get the truth out. This is not so he'll lose, or Bush will win.

The strategy here is to simply get the truth out about John Kerry. After that, let the chips fall where they may.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180

Last edited by tvaughan on Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about this a lot and just can't see an up side to this for kerry. There are more than enough people pointing out his flawed and radically liberal voting record in the senate, and the SBVT is filling a huge gaping void when it comes to serious character flaws that need to be addressed when someone like kerry is running for the job of the most powerful man in the world. More importantly, the SBVT have nothing but down side for doing this but they have the conviction and courage to do it anyways. They literally have EVERYTHING to lose if they are lying, and nothing to gain for doing it if they're telling the truth or lying, and in my book, that makes them extremely credible. kerry is the one who has everything to lose if they're telling the truth, and as far as I'm concerned, everything the SWIFT Vets who signed the open letter and signed affidavits and were in the ads is gospel truth as sure as if it was in the Bible, because if they were lying, kerry would have signed the form, 1810 or whatever it is, and released his FULL AND COMPLETE military records. The ONLY reason for him to have NOT done that thus far, just like President Bush did over two years ago, is because there are a few pages or more of incriminating information in there that disputes kerry's claims and supports the SBVT claims. To me, that is VERY conspicupus and it not given NEAR enough aire time in any outlet. If he has nothing to hide, then he shouldn't be spending so much time hiding his records in the Pentagon and not let the American people see ALL of those documents. He shouldn't be asking for a promotion without allowing his employers see hsi full and complete resume'. Instead of just the pages that he thinks makes him look good. It's pretty cut and dry. If this was helping him, he wouldn't have been threatening law suits the past three months, then not bringing any of them, refuse to respond to the SBVT directly, but have his attack dogs threaten to release personal and financial info on the Vets in the group, and then be so desperate to try and link SBVT with the Bush administration when there is no link, and when the Bush administration has made every effort to abide by CFR, and when a past volunteer appeared in a SBVT ad, he was told he couldn't even volunteer, even though it's unpaid anyway, and do anything with the administration or the campaign. Especailly since there have been over $310 MILLION in 527 moneys from soros and moore and various hollywood eliteists thrown non stop at the President, and conveniently no one from the kerry camp saw a problem with that. Now suddenly they think it's scandleous and it has to be a Bush / Republican consipriacy. When something is attacking a Republican it's supposedly the outcry of the masses, but when it's against someone like kerry, it must be a Republican conspiracy. That's the typical tired old story from them. Like I've said. kerry just doesn't like the medicine that his supporters have been shoveling at Bush the past three years. Bush gets it by the gallon and smiles and says "please sir may I have another?", and kerry gets a teaspoon full, and he cries like a baby that just got his little tushie swatted. There is a day of reackoning coming, and for kerry, I think it may be sooner rather than later, and SBVT may just be the vehicle that shall deliver the rackoning on its appointed date.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Also consider this. Just because we don't have anything (nor want to have anything) to do with Bush, doesn't mean that the Bush/Cheney people are stupid. They see an opening here...and you will notice that GOP and Bush criticisms about Kerry's attendence records have gone unchallenged....as have many other GOP criticisms.

In addition to that, Kerry is being forced to spend money and time in August. The problem is that Kerry only has 75 million to spend until election day. Bush doesn't get his check until Labour Day. This is huge....it shows that we have thrown the Kerry campaign back on it's heels.

Truth is Beauty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: