SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chris Matthews, our biggest fundraiser
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Chris Matthews, our biggest fundraiser Reply with quote

Empty the piggy banks, sell your mother-in-law`s fur coat, cash in your IRA, whatever it takes whatever it takes let`s do it.
Brody
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought his treatment of Thurlow couldn't be topped, but it was, by his treatment of Michelle.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathews sucks . And then he had the gall to claim"there will be no iresponsible commets mo my show".
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathews is firmly in Kerry's camp. He will pay a price for it.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

I'll add another donation.
Everytime someone biases the swiftVets you add $10.

Sounds like a plan.
Brody
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered how Matthews cried on live TV when Al Gore gave his concession speech. Razz
SharpTalons
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews: "Are you insinuating that John Kerry shot himself? Yes or No!!!"

Matthews: "Yes or No?"

Matthews reminds me of a petulant bullfrog sitting atop his lily pad croaking the same verbal "mind games." Malkin resisted to be dominated by his interrogative ploys.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: kasich on oreilly Reply with quote

just watching kasich on oreilly giving thurlow a hard time about his reprt that states they were under enemy fire, like kerry and rasmussan are saying, can any of the other vets backup thurlow, kasich was really nasty, but thurlow did not let him off
AF366TFW
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone considered that Rassman's mention of "enemy fire" is, due to the confusion and "fog of war", in fact the suppressing fire the other 3 Swift Boats were laying down after the mining of the 3 boat?

Perhaps that would be a better explanation coming from the Swifty's than the "there was no enemy fire". There was automatic weapons fire that day, but it was friendly. Rassman in a dither and frightened by being dumped in the water simply misinterpreted the fire as "enemy".
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the Thurlow exchange and was embarassed that my late great hero, John Kasich, would act so nasty. Thurlow's posted statement, I think, said that he thought he got the Bronze star for their actions that day. Perhaps, when he read the citation, he skimmed over that part and forgot about it?
frankzzz
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chris Matthews lost some credibility during this show.

It was obvious that he was putting words in his guest’s mouth and trying to badger them into saying something he could refute.

It would have been a home run if Michelle had simply pointed out that “self-inflicted” does not necessarily mean “intentional”. But I can’t blame her because I think this was the first time she’s done that show.

Either way, this story seems to be finally out in the open and it looks like all of America is going to get to hear the debate. Let the people decide. That’s all I’ve ever wanted.

Also, I’m hoping to get my copy of the book tomorrow because it shipped from Amazon yesterday.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF366TFW wrote:
Has anyone considered that Rassman's mention of "enemy fire" is, due to the confusion and "fog of war", in fact the suppressing fire the other 3 Swift Boats were laying down after the mining of the 3 boat?

Perhaps that would be a better explanation coming from the Swifty's than the "there was no enemy fire". There was automatic weapons fire that day, but it was friendly. Rassman in a dither and frightened by being dumped in the water simply misinterpreted the fire as "enemy".

As I understand it as Kerry fled and dumped Rassman in the drink that the remaining 3 operable boats opened up on both banks, That's at least six 50 cal Brownings, 3 M-60's plus assorted M79's, M-16's etc. half of which would have been generally firing over his head. Shocked Confused Shocked Confused Shocked Confused

I think it would be safe say that surfacing from a suprise dunking and having that kind of firepower passing just a few feet over head would make anyone believe they were being shot at. To quote the Gentleman from Mass. that is an experience that would be "seared! ------ Seared" into your memory.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: re wallace interview Reply with quote

just watched chris wallace interview odell and hurley, he gave hurley most of the time, I am so angry, if hurley was not there then swiftvets should refuse to debate him, considering they were there, this idiot is like a robot he has been programmed, noting that he did not serve with kerry,they would be in their right to go on a debate him, he is just another war protestor,all of a sudden he and kerry are all for being vets.I really am wworried that the public who we need to get the message out to are not getting it, kerry is leading in several states acording to fox news poll
AF366TFW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it would be a good idea to point out that HURLey is one of Kerry's "band of brothers" from the VVAW days. He too was a war protester.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSNBC gave Mathews the day off on Friday. He damn near had a mental break down with Maulkin and definately needed some time off. I swear I saw some white foam in the recess of his lips. hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: