SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Dole
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Bob Dole Reply with quote

did you guys see this?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040822/D84KIAL00.html
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it, and it was powerful because it was him saying it, and it was delivered with calm and that senior maturity. His basic message to Kerry seemed to be "Stop whining; what would you expect for behaving the way you did in Vietnam and afterward."
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it, and it was powerful because it was him saying it, and it was delivered with calm and that senior maturity. His basic message to Kerry seemed to be "Stop whining; what would you expect for behaving the way you did in Vietnam and afterward."
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: It's in the major media sources. Reply with quote

I spotted the story on www.abcnews.go.com. Senator Bob Dole has taken the position the Swifties have been making for some time. Laughing It's good that a famous WW2 Veteran has questioned John Kerry's Rambo-esque military record.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its about time someone said somthing instead of running for cover. sure makes a guy wonder.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Dole is the reason we look up to people.
When and if necessary, I'd like to see somebody connected with Swift Boats run some cover for him, like he did for all of us.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Can you say "MNTRA" Reply with quote

Three Purple Hearts and never bled - that is what Bob Dole said. I dare to improve on Mr. Dole by editing thus: Three Purple Hearts and no blood.

Trust me it is easier to chant than Mr. Dole's version. My use of the word chant includes things like inserting the phrase in correspondence, using it in conversation, i.e. Democratic Presidential Candidate "three Purple Hearts and no blood" Kerry denied the truth of the charges etc, etc.

Rather Than "Senator Kerry" he shall hence forth be referred to as "Three Purple Hearts and no Blood Kerry".

Below is the Letter to the Editor I sent to the local paper. Other Vets are lined up to respond. If we need reinforcements in the Truth War we will contact you. Feel free to cut and paste, edit, or otherwise use my letter.

Thanks for the leadership.

Hoping every little bit helps,

Sam

John Kerry Shoots Himself Again

Dear Editor,

John Kerry “shot himself in the foot” by making his four months as a junior officer in Viet Nam the centerpiece for his claim that he is qualified to be a military leader.

Acts of heroism say something about character, even if they did happen years ago. And what a heroic four months it was! John Kerry racked up a military medal scorecard that is literally unbelievable. The official record shows three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, and a Silver Star.

After Viet Nam John Kerry made veterans very angry when he made false accusations of war crimes against his fellow officers. Recently, the details of Kerry’s medals began to be made public. Kerry’s fellow officers and Kerry’s former commanding officers began to be suspicious. They didn’t trust Kerry. They began to suspect that Kerry had hyped his heroics as a political move. Many of these men were eye witnesses to the events surrounding Kerry’s medals.

This is a National Security issue and a veteran’s issue. These veterans are not political people. They vote all over the political spectrum. I am not a political person, but I am a Navy veteran.

The Navy’s policy is that if a person receives three Purple Hearts, that person will be transferred to an assignment of his choice. See the account of Kerry’s pursuit of medals, as told by those who were there http://www.swiftvets.com

Want to guess about the “fishy” nature of the other medals?

I did not vote for George Bush last election.

Sam Sewell
Naples, FL
250 words
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless Bod Dole.

Here is some fodder for you trolls, Twisted Evil ... Twisted Evil

I spent more time enroute to a hospital with my purple hearts than

Kerry spent in a hospital with his.. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BE ADVISED: Democrat trolls circle this site like sharks on the USS Indianappolis.
But with less compassion...

Hancock, too. Right after the announcement
"Sweepers, Sweepers, man your brooms.
Take all trash and garbage to the fantail"

Marines used to LOVE that. -- target practice.

but I thought the TROLLS were the trash and garbage.
the Marine posts on this board ... they gotta be the sharks, here, and I'll still be glad to take the trolls to the fantail.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Dole.
You are the kind of American we can look up to.
I can't speak for anyone else, but you have my admiration and lifelong respect. It's too bad more more Americans can't be cast in your values.
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dole Questions Kerry's Vietnam Wounds

Sun Aug 22, 6:59 PM ET

By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer

CRAWFORD, Texas - Former Republican Sen. Bob Dole suggested Sunday that John Kerry apologize for past testimony before Congress about alleged atrocities during the Vietnam War and joined critics of the Democratic presidential candidate who say he received an early exit from combat for "superficial wounds."

Quote:
Dole also called on Kerry to release all the records of his service in Vietnam.

Separately, President Bush's re-election campaign continued to deny links to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an anti-Kerry group running ads in three states, after the resignation of a campaign volunteer who appeared in the group's new ad.

With Kerry taking a break from campaigning, running mate John Edwards said Bush needs to tell the group to pull its ads, a step the White House and the Bush campaign refuse to take. The White House and Bush's campaign note that Kerry has benefited from more than $62 million worth of similar advertising against the president.

"This is the moment of truth for President Bush," Edwards said in North Carolina. "The American people have to hear directly that these ads need to come off the air." Kerry also fought back in another new ad.

Quote:
Dole told CNN's "Late Edition" that he warned Kerry months ago about going "too far" and that the Democrat may have himself to blame for the current situation, in which polls show him losing support among veterans.

Quote:
"One day he's saying that we were shooting civilians, cutting off their ears, cutting off their heads, throwing away his medals or his ribbons," Dole said. "The next day he's standing there, `I want to be president because I'm a Vietnam veteran.' Maybe he should apologize to all the other 2.5 million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one in Vietnam," said Dole, whose World War II wounds left him without the use of his right arm.

Quote:
Dole added: "And here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds. Three Purple Hearts and you're out."

Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton said: "It's unfortunate that Senator Dole is making statements that official U.S. Navy records prove false. This is partisan politics, not the truth."

Other Kerry supporters also rose to his defense.

"Senator Kerry carries shrapnel in his thigh as distinct from President Bush who carries two fillings in his teeth from his service in the Alabama National Guard, which seems to be his only time that he showed up," John Podesta, former chief of staff in the Clinton White House, said on ABC's "This Week."

Bush served stateside in the Guard during the Vietnam years. Podesta's reference was to the White House's release of documents earlier this year showing Bush's dental visits during his Guard years after questions arose about whether he had always reported for duty.

Bush-Cheney campaign manager Ken Mehlman also blamed Kerry for the ongoing debate, complaining on NBC's "Meet the Press" that "Kerry himself has attacked the president for his service during the Vietnam years," while the Republican's campaign has "so strongly praised" Kerry's tour of duty in Vietnam.

The Bush campaign also said the Federal Election Commission should immediately dismiss what it termed a "frivolous" complaint by Kerry's campaign alleging coordination between the re-election effort and the Swift Boat group.

The White House and the Bush campaign for weeks have denied any connection to the Swift Boat organization, whose early financial support came largely from a prominent Texas businessman with longtime ties to the state's top Republicans, including Bush.

The group's latest ad includes a Bush-Cheney volunteer, retired Air Force Col. Ken Cordier, condemning Kerry's 1971 congressional testimony that Dole spoke of. Cordier was a prisoner of war during Vietnam.

Quote:
"Colonel Cordier did not inform the campaign of his involvement in the advertisement," a Bush campaign statement said. "Because of his involvement Colonel Cordier will no longer participate as a volunteer for Bush-Cheney '04."

A new Kerry TV ad urged the president to "denounce the smear" and 'get back to the issues" because America deserves better." The 30-second commercial, to air in the same three states as the Swift Boat group ad — Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin — compares Kerry's situation to the 2000 primary campaign when "Bush smeared John McCain."

McCain has condemned the ads and called on the president to do so, too.

In response, Bush's campaign released a copy of a letter it was sending to television station managers on Monday defending itself from the claims in the new Kerry ad.

Questions mounted over the motives of Kerry's critics, two of whom had praised his service in 1996, even as Kerry's supporters faced questions about the candidate. Among the allegations is that Kerry lied about being in neutral Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968.

"I don't think anyone knows for sure whether or not they were in Cambodia that night, but they were near Cambodia on Christmas Eve," John Hurley, who heads a pro-Kerry veterans group, said on "Fox News Sunday." "He was five miles into Cambodia on a different occasion."

Another allegation is that Kerry was not under enemy fire as after-action reports say he was, an incident for which he received a Bronze Star, one of five medals earned in Vietnam.

"The after-action reports were written from Kerry's spot reports from that day," said Kerry critic Van Odell, also appearing on the same program. "None of us knew he even got the Bronze Star until more recently."

___

YOU GO, DOLE!!! YOU GO!!! Smile
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very damaging to the Kerry campaign. He's attacking a very highly respected and decorated veteran of World War 2 now, not just the Vietnam vets. If this is widely reported (and it already is from what I'm seeing on TV tonight), he's going to convince a lot of those old guys (like my dad) that he's a *******.Also, Kerry still doesn't get it, he think Bush can call us off if he just asks. They don't have good intelligence at all. I bet even Bush is wondering what the hell is going on (and smiling, I hope) Laughing
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
This is very damaging to the Kerry campaign. He's attacking a very highly respected and decorated veteran of World War 2 now, not just the Vietnam vets. If this is widely reported (and it already is from what I'm seeing on TV tonight), he's going to convince a lot of those old guys (like my dad) that he's a *******.Also, Kerry still doesn't get it, he think Bush can call us off if he just asks. They don't have good intelligence at all. I bet even Bush is wondering what the hell is going on (and smiling, I hope) Laughing

The "old guys" already know Kerry is a *******. Remember the vfw guys turned their backs on Kerry (which wasn't reported on the news much).

Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Back Stabber Reply with quote

SwanLady wrote:

The "old guys" already know Kerry is a *******. Remember the vfw guys turned their backs on Kerry (which wasn't reported on the news much).

I wouldn't turn my back to Kerry; he's already stabbed us in the back before.
Wescoot2
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Thank-you Reply with quote

From one Vet to another........Thank-you Senator Dole.....nuff said

No Mission To Difficult...No Sacrifice To Great...

DUTY FIRST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: