SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What POW/MIA Families Say about John Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: What POW/MIA Families Say about John Kerry Reply with quote

Again, Thanks to POW/MIA Families against John Kerry
http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/betrayed.htm

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/moore.htm

I am the daughter of an American POW who is still unaccounted for . My father and three other men were Captured in South Vietnam, on man escaped, my father and the other 2 did not.
Both Vietnam and the US Government confirmed that the men indeed were POW's. However neither the men or their Remains have been accounted for.

The below information is regarding Senator John Kerry, where it was said that the Families of POW" and MIA's and those who request a full accounting for our American brothers , sisters, husband, sons, and FATHERS were quote "professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and dime-store Rambos" who were only involved in the POW/MIA issue for money".

I am none of those things, nor do I want any money, I do however want answers to my fathers full accounting, and those like him who remain UNACCOUNTED FOR.

I can not find it in myself to support or vote for someone who does not support and seek the TRUTH and Answers of our AMERICAN HERO'S who remain at Vigil , who scarificed their total Freedom, and who remain MISSING and UNACCOUNTED for.

How can a person state there is no proof of U.S. POW's surviving , if you can not prove that some one is dead, or can not produce the facts of their death or their remains.Or for one who supported the lifting of the Trade Embargo. That is someone who is more interested in money.

It is the responsiblty of our Government and its leaders to make this a priority. American Service personel have the right to be accounted for, and our Families have the right to request it.

"In the Senate debate itself, Kerry, rather than embarass Vietnam by demanding the truth, launched a highly publicized diversionary investigation of the POW/MIA families and activists, who were demanding an honest accounting.

Kerry labeled them "professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and dime-store Rambos" who were only involved in the POW/MIA issue for money

Kerry maintained there was "no proof U.S. POWs survived," but never produced evidence proving the left behind POWs were dead, or who was responsible for their deaths or where their remains were located."

Nora Diane Moore, daughter
CMS Thomas Moore
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/hrdlicka.htm

Please add my name to the list against John Kerry. At the beginning of the Senate Select Committee hearings on POW/MIA Kerry promised to get at the truth.
Instead he once again abandoned our men. Kerry had the opportunity to show integrity but instead chose to support the Vietnamese in their quest to get normalization. Senator Kerry was in support of normalization long before he chaired the SSC. I would have thought that to be a conflict of interest.

Kerry had an opportunity to show his patriotism but instead choose to support greed and corruption.

Carol Hrdlicka

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/hrdlicka.htm

(there's even a photo of this man in captivity!)
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/milliner.htm

Several times in the last couple of days, I have heard the media mention that Pres. Bush has been out digging up dirt on John Kerry concerning his involvement with Vietnam, during and after the war. I would like for the media and the Kerry followers to realize that it's not DIRT, and it's not Pres. Bush and his "Cronies"(here we go with the "name calling" that we family members are all too familiar with!) it is We The People!
Mr. Kerry rushed the conclusion of the Senate Select Committee to say that we left "live" prisoners there at the end of the war but that none of them survive today! They never answered, "why they didn't survive" or "what happened to them". My question is..."Why couldn't they have survived?", and "where are the bodies?". Many questions should have been answered before we normalized relations with Vietnam but it was in Kerry's best interest to push it through! I don't care to see, in the next 4 years, what else is in "Mr. Kerry's best interest"!

And apparently Mr. Kerry and the media have a very short term memory... Isn't he the one who started throwing dirt about Pres. Bush's vietnam record. And did he think, we POW/MIA Family members, fell off the face of the earth since 1992!

"WHEN ONE AMERICAN IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT TO BE FOUND, WE, AS AMERICANS, HAVE LOST"'!

Debra Marinis,sister
CWO William Patrick Milliner

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/milliner2.htm

John Kerry went to Vietnam so did Wm. P. Milliner, the difference , Billy is still there. Sen Kerry as Chairman of the Sen. Select Comm. 1991-1993 on POW/MIAs had a duty to find out where our men ARE.
The EVIDENCE IS THERE , if it wasn't ,then why was testimony given behind closed doors and after Sen. Kerry said all Committee records would go to the National Archives they did not.

People WAKE UP! I realize it's unimaginable that men were left behind but that's EXACTLY what the findings of Sen. Kerry & Committee members were.

WHERE ARE OUR POW/MIAS?? Did Sen. Kerry find out what happened to the men that the Committee said were left behind ? I challenge someone other than Family members to ask that question and get a straight answer.

Susan Milliner Sister-in-law of
CWO William Patrick Milliner
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/james.htm

John Kerry is not a hero of the Vietnam War. He is a betrayer of the real heroes of Vietnam. Yes, it is true he served in Vietnam, but he came home to join the likes of Jane Fonda. Kerry belittled American soldiers before congress and in protests. He threw some other soldiers' war medals over the White House fence. Kerry saved his to later place on the wall of his senate office . John Kerry is not cut out to be our Commander in Chief.

As the chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIAs in the 1990s, he ignored the vast evidence of living Americans left behind in Southeast Asia. In fact, Kerry shredded some of that evidence. John Kerry was more interested in complimenting the Vietnamese for their so called cooperation. He tirelessly pushed for normalization of relations with Vietnam. John Kerry is not worthy of the title of Vietnam War Hero or President of the United States.

Barbara White
sister of MIA Capt Samuel Larry James
4-18-73 over Cambodia
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/matejov.htm

Meet Sgt. Joseph Matejov USAF.
Shot down over Laos a FULL WEEK after the signing of the Paris Peace Accords, (along with seven other crew members). This was a confirmed "combat mission" directed by our government AFTER all combat was to have been stopped.

Senator Kerry presided as the Chairman of the Senate Select Committee when Joe's case, ("Baron-52"), was discussed in detail. This case, along with several others, were "closed" shortly there after. "Baron -52" was a highly controversial case in as much as there exists strong questions as to the intelligence our government obtained and processed, which ultimately determined the fate of all the crewmembers. The Senate Select Committee's finding's concluded that this intelligence was apparently NOT associated with Baron 52's shoot down, hence EIGHT POW cases were rendered "solved", and no further investigation was now warranted. (ALL were determined to have perished in this crash when the intelligence in question gave direct indications that four had survived and were captured) Senator Kerry was responsible for these actions as his "chair" position gave him final word on these matters.

TWICE I have heard the Senator state as part of his election campaign platform that "I HAVE PRESSED OUR GOVERNMENT FOR ANSWERS PERTAINING TO OUR NATIONS POW ISSUE"...

Nothing could be further from the truth. I am sickened to hear those words. Those veterans who have rallied behind this Senator in his bid for the Democratic Nomination need to become informed. Senator Kerry passed judgement on the "Baron -52" case under false pretenses in as much as he accepted false testimony given by the "Head Analyst" of the Defense Intelligence Agency, (while this man was under oath). Senator Kerry further dis-allowed "eyewitness" testimony of the crash site to be heard at these hearings. This eyewitness account was later allowed to give a deposition BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, only after several family members wrote in to request he be heard. This deposition was never made public at the hearings.

This eyewitness account strongly refuted the government's position that all crewmembers died in the crash. I have a bona fide copy of this deposition in which the eyewitness goes on record stating that the SAME INDIVIDUAL who gave false testimony at the hearings had CALLED him, and attempted to coerce him into changing his story about what he witnessed while at the crash site of Baron-52.!

I have, in my possession, a letter from The Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, dated 5 June 1995 that states...

On August 18, 1992, the Select Committee sent Mr. DeStatte a copy of the stenographic transcript of his remarks given before the committee and invited him to "make changes for the purpose of correcting grammatical errors, obvious errors of fact, and errors of transcription". This was done AFTER THE HEARINGS WERE OFFICIALLY CLOSED, and orchestrated by Senator Smith.. NOT by Senator Kerry.

The results? An explanation was offered as " a misunderstanding" and a statement that these facts were rendered from "memory", hence no intent was made to directly give false information. Interesting of note is that the comments in question came from an individual whose expertise lies in the interpretation of intelligence, rendering them true or false? That he can be called a "master of deception" by virtue of his job title alone! Further, that this individual was at the top of his "chain of command", and that he reported to no one, when these questionable comments were made. Hence HIS opinions were final and questioned by NO ONE . (Even the Chairman of the Committee who "sought answers on our POW issue!) This analyst was since moved into an office in which HE was now required to report into a chain of command in order NOT to have these "misunderstandings" re-occur.!

There was NO attempt by the good Senator Kerry to take appropriate action to correct the findings on this particular case even though it was proven that the testimony given was indeed "OBVIOUS ERRORS OF FACT", and directly related to the findings rendered by Senator Kerry's board of inquiry. Why? Ask the Good Senator.

I have a video copy of these hearings which clearly show how these "ERRORS OF FACT" served to close the discussion on the case of Eight Crewmembers of "Baron -52 " When I personally wrote to Senator Kerry's office to question his lack of action, given this "new" found knowledge.. I received an acknowledgement of receipt of my letter. I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING FURTHER.

I have been admonished (in writing) for even questioning the above lack of action and erroneous handling of the committee hearings as being "unfair" to the Senators. (I have copies of these letters.)

NOTHING has been said about the "fairness" to Sgt. Matejov however, or the other crew members who are not present to speak for themselves. These eight crew have been buried both figuratively and literally in Arlington, in a common casket with 23 bone fragments. One of my government documents state that these 23 bone fragments "cannot be determined to be of human origin". It is signed and dated.

But Senator Kerry goes out to our unsuspecting public stating that "He has pressed our government for answers concerning the POW issue!" ? He attempts to become our "Commander in Chief"? You call THESE answers?

Please contact me if you care to read these and many more documents, view pictures and videos that back up what I have written here. These comments I have made only scratch the surface, and I have attempted to make them as brief and palatable as I could.

Now go back to Sgt. Matejov's picture. He could be YOUR son, daughter, brother or sister.. and If Senator Kerry becomes President YOU must decide if he was the right choice to have been voted in as our "Commander and Chief".

Sgt. Matejov is searching YOUR eyes for this answer. He deserved better from this Presidential wanna be.

John Matejov, brother of
Sgt Joseph Matejov USAF
Shot down 5 Feb 1973
Laos
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/harris.htm

Mr. Kerry,
Before you even think of running for president, you need to right a wrong - you need to go get our boys and bring them home. If it were your child missing you would move mountains to bring your child home. It's time for you to move a mountain.

The Family of L/CPL Gregory Harris

Robert McDonald, Uncle
Evelyn McDonald, Aunt
Christine LaFrate, Cousin
Gregory LaFrate, Cousin
Gregory L. LaFrate, second Cousin
Mike McDonald, Cousin
Robert Destevens, second Cousin
Tammy Destevens, second Cousin
John McDonald, Second Cousin
Beverely Mills, Cousin
Patricia McDonald, Cousin
Peter J. LaFrate, second Cousin
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/fors.htm

Dear Friends Against John Kerry:

Captain Gary H. Fors sitting there with the thumbs up sign is the very reason why the likes of John Kerry should not be allowed to even think of running for the Highest Office in the land.

Gary served willingly to sacrifice his life, to preserve our liberty and freedom. Never once did he question the importance of the United States intentions in Vietnam.

John Kerry, on the other hand, came back to this country and diminished the importance of all the fighting men and women in Vietnam. His liberal agenda clearly played into the hands of our enemies.

Communists, Fascist, and Terrorists are at war with the United States around the World and in our homeland.

Our family disagrees with John Kerry to normalize relations with the Vietnamese.We want pressure to be borne on the communist to get a full accounting of each and every soldier. "Our freedom is our heritage, we cannot afford to relinquish it."

Captain Gary Fors was shot down Laos 12-22-67.

A number of years later Captain Gary H. Fors, Captain Thomas B.Mitchell, and Captain Mervin L. Morill were spotted in a cave some where along or close to the Ho Chi Minh trail.

From that day until now, Gary Fors has vanished from the face of the earth.

Somewhere, somehow, someday, somebody, will bring the truth out.

POW/MIA

"Voices from the Past, will sometimes Echo in the Future."

His Devoted Mother, Mrs.Jennie B. Fors
James M. Jacka Stepfather,
The Fors Family and
LT.COL.Gary H. Fors U.S.M.C
V.F.M.A. 122 DA Nang, Vietnam

Shot Down Laos, 12-22-67
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/bosiljevac.htm

My father died in captivity as a POW. My mother searched for answers for many years and his remains were returned in August of 1987. It makes me absolutely sick to see so many people in America duped by this man.[Kerry] He was not a patriot when protesting the war, he failed as patriot when afforded the stewardship as a US Senator and I cringe at the thought of him becoming a Commander in Chief. We need to stop him people. Get out and vote and spread the word at every opportunity. Engage in political conversation with an even temper and persuade your friends, relatives and coworkers not to vote for him.

Mike Bosiljevac
Son, of Confirmed POW

Michael Bosikjevac
September 29, 1972
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/hall.htm

As the sister of Capt. Harley H. Hall, shot down just hours before the cease fire, 27 Jan. 1973 in North Vietnam, I would like to voice my opposition to Sen. John Kerry.
Because he was so anxious to normalize relations with Vietnam, he left the "last known alive" POW/MIAs abandoned and families without any leverage to get their loved ones home.

Gwen Hall Davis, sister
Capt. Harley H. Hall USN
27 Jan. 1973
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/matthes.htm

"I am a POW/MIA Family member. And, like dozens of other families, we want to know what happened to our loved ones. By deliberately ignoring and destroying evidence of live American POW's, Senator Kerry as chairman of the 1991-1993 Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs has denied us that opportunity.

In my brother's case, Major Pete Matthes along with seven other crewman were shot down in Laos on 24NOV1969. Although the government claimed everyone perished in the crash, enemy records show that only five pilots died and Pete's secret authenticator code(GX2527) was found in 1992 outside Dong Vai Prison in North Vietnam."

William Matthes
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/rich.htm

It is amazing that the John Kerry campaign has brought his Vietnam War experience into the 2004 presidential race. Mr. Kerry, in fact, used a technical loophole to be transferred out of 'Nam, leaving his men behind. Mr. Kerry served in Vietnam - for four months!
He returned to begin a long-desired political career; Mr. Kerry lost a bid for a seat in the U.S. Congress. Sensing his service was not popular with voters in liberal Massachusetts, he entered the anti-war movement. Now, as he campaigns for president, he's flip-flopped again and says he's qualified to be president based on his experiences in that long-ago conflict. We are supposed to overlook that when he got home he slandered the men with whom he served - a whole generation of our country's best and brightest, unflinchingly called murderers by a self-serving 27-year-old yearning for power.

More than 200 of Mr. Kerry's fellow Swift boat veterans have signed a letter stating they do not believe he is fit to be commander in chief, based on their knowledge and service with him during Vietnam and afterward. For decades, Mr. Kerry voted against virtually every piece of legislation aimed at restoring national defense. He refused to supply our armed forces with the tools necessary to defend our nation. ... Mr. Kerry has demonstrated over and over that he is against funding our troops and intelligence, and now attempts to cover that up by posing as a war hero and calling vets who speak out against him "bitter alcoholics." According to Rear Admiral Roy Hoffman, his commander in Vietnam and a signer of the anti-Kerry letter, his campaign threatened the association's tax-exempt status if they went public.

I encourage voters to read what Mr. Kerry's fellow Navy officers have to say about him at www.swiftvets.com.

Chris Rich
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/betrayed/hasenbeck.htm

I will never be able to forgive Kerry for being more interested in the return of John McCain's helmet than he was of obtaining truthful information on my brother, Paul Hasenbeck, and the three men missing with him. When Kerry, as Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs visited Hanoi in November 1992, he met with Col. Pham Duc Dai, head of the War Museum in Hanoi. Col. Dai offered to solve the "mystery" of four men, from the 196th Light Infantry Brigade, who went missing on April 21, 1967.
That is my brother's case.

Dai presented his wartime diary detailing the ambush, death and burials of the four men. Kerry accepted this diary as the final accounting of my brother and the men with him. On December 1, 1992, during an open hearing of the Senate Select Committee Kerry stated: "We were told by certain Vietnamese parties, of personal knowledge, of what happened to certain servicemen. In one case in particular were the Vietnamese Col. in charge of the Museum told us of the death of four American servicemen who we still list as missing. The last account especially was not easy to listen to. It was certainly not what we wanted to hear but it was evidence of the fate of missing Americans."

It's never easy to listen to a lie and that's what Col. Dai's diary was. It was not the first hand eyewitness account as Kerry portrayed. Upon investigation it has been determined that Col. Dai did not arrive in the loss area until several days AFTER the ambush.

If there ever was a first hand demonstration by Kerry of how the POW/MIA issue means absolutely nothing to him, this was shown loud and clear by his refusal to corrected the public misconception that he got accountability on my brother and the men with him.

As an American citizen, he can have his own personal opinion of the war; as an American Senator, he had a responsibility to follow up on Col. Dai's diary and condemn the Vietnamese for offering false information in order to remove four men from the Last Known Alive list. Instead, he chose to bury my brother on a Vietnamese lie and call it full Vietnamese cooperation.

But he did get John McCain's helmet.

Jeanie Hasenbeck
Sister to POW/MIA Paul A. Hasenbeck
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the family of Vietnam casualty, Sgt. Carl Ussery, USA, First Air Cavalry Division. On October 3, 1968 we were notified that Carl had been "Hostile Missing" as of September 28, 1968 and that "Search is in progress." An Army officer returned on October 4, 1968 to notify that Carl's status was being changed from "Missing to Dead," claiming that remains had been recovered at the time of the helicopter crash and positively identified. In 1968, I was Carl's wife/widow. Seven years after Carl's reported death, I married his older brother, Eugene.

In recent years, the Ussery family discovered and do have reason to believe our family was not given the actual circumstances of Carl's loss. It came to our attention 8 ½½ years ago that his casualty records had gross inconsistencies, in part still unexplained General Services Administration [GSA] records that were being recorded on Carl years after his purported death. We began our futile quest [which is still ongoing] asking under the Freedom of Information [FOIA] to obtain missing documents from Carl's file, some of which still remain "classified" nearly 36 years later to his family. Our family had serious concerns of the remains we buried were NOT Carl's. The grave was disinterred and this confirmed our concerns! The relatively good set of intact dental remains extracted from the grave DID NOT MATCH the Department of Defense's Army SF603 Document which is the dental enlistment chartings for Carl, and known to be correct.

In 1996 Dr. Michael Charney [assisted POW/MIA Families gratis; also he was called in for a professional opinion by the U.S. Central Identification Laboratory in Hawaii - CILHI] was consulted and the remains were sent to him via local officials. Dr. Charney confirmed a "NO MATCH". In 1998 military personnel documentation appeared to confirm the original Army Document SF603 and of course, confirmed Dr. Charney's findings.

Now that the "dental remains" we retain DO NOT MATCH Carl's "SF 603" charting --- CILHI and the Department of the Army have attempted to discredit "SF 603 charting" even though the "SF 603" enlistment dental charting was used as a credible source of identification by the U.S. Mortuaries during the Vietnam War. The height of the remains we retain is also inconsistent/ NOT WITHIN ACCEPTABLE RANGE of Carl's actual known height.

Our family's quest goes on with the intense degree of "stonewalling" that all POW/MIA Families have experienced for years. The U.S. Army REFUSES to address the fact that the Remains in the grave here in Missouri are NOT our Carl's. We can assure Department of the Army and CILHI that we and our questions of the remains misidentification will not go away. As Dr. Charney told Department of the Army in correspondence on behalf of our family, "...I urge the military to set this case right."

It's insulting that John Kerry would have given such erroneous, irresponsible testimony against fellow Vietnam veterans. It's an appalling slap in the face to every living veteran and certainly, to every family who has a loved one's name on the Vietnam Memorial. It certainly is to the family of Carl Ussery. Kerry betrayed the POW/MIAs from the Vietnam and the Korean Wars including their Families by his "actions" and "inaction" as Chairman of the Senate Select Committee in 1992. It will forever be inexcusable!! Heaven help our Prisoners of War, who remain "alive" in the DPRK [North Korea], possibly China, and "the question remains" in the Former Soviet Union if JOHN KERRY SHOULD BECOME THEIR COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Joyce & Eugene Ussery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: