SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's conduct embarrassing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Kerry's conduct embarrassing Reply with quote

Kerry's attempts to deflect the SwiftVet's criticisms by blaming what they say on Bush has got to be one of the biggest scapegoating episodes in political history.

Kerry's attempts to blame Bush for this group and those associated with it (including me, I suppose) are really, really embarrassing.

I would expect much more from a "brave soldier" who alleges he's going to lead us against Islamofascism.

FDL

From the New York Times:

Kerry TV Ad Pins Veterans' Attack Firmly on Bush

Senator John Kerry released a television advertisement yesterday blaming President Bush for a campaign by a "front group" of veterans that Mr. Kerry said had smeared his Vietnam record, as he intensified his drive to gain control in a fight that some Democrats said could undermine his campaign for the presidency.

Mr. Bush's campaign denied any involvement with the effort by the veterans challenging crucial parts of Mr. Kerry's war record and sent a letter to television station managers calling the new Kerry advertisement libelous.

But at the same time, Bob Dole, the Republican presidential candidate in 1996 and a World War II veteran, called on Mr. Kerry to apologize to Vietnam veterans in a television interview on CNN. He appeared to get behind some of the accusations raised by the group, when its most serious contentions have been undermined by official records and conflicting accounts.

"He's got himself into this wicket now where he can't extricate himself because not every one of these people can be Republican liars,'' said Mr. Dole, whose right arm was left limp by a war injury. "There's got to be some truth to the charges," he said.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

Kerry has had a very serious erosion in all the polls just in the past few days....and yes this is due to us.

Why? IMHO, it is because he is not acting presidential and the public clearly sees this.

Truth is Beauty
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, his polls have eroded. I think we should all be prepared for the massive counterattack that Kerry's people will begin to mount--last week was nothing compared to what might be coming. They haven't spent half a billion dollars just to watch their candidate fall down. I have every confidence the Swift Boat Vets can withstand the onslaught and get the truth out, but it's going to be wild.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counter attacks will be pointless...

SwiftVets swing and hit.
Kerry counters by blaming Bush for not condemning the ads (miss).
Swiftvets swing and hit.
Kerry does the same thing (miss) and looks like a spaz ("Bring it on" indeed).

Keep on blaming the president all you want now that your scandalous past has come back to haunt you, Senator... No one has invented a time machine yet. Live with the consequences of what you have done - it's what all other veterans have been doing.

SOTG
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be a cool ad if all of us (if we dared to go on TV) would stand up, one by one and say , "I gave to the Swift Boat Vets for Truth and am now part of the (faceticiously speaking of course) Bush Front group."

The world and KERRY would be forced to see the contributers are all just plain ole AMERICANS!!
VietnamVetsWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Do I have a problem?? Reply with quote

I give both to the Swifties and to the Bush campaign.
Should I call a press conference and let the world know? Rolling Eyes Laughing
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all my life I've never seen such a disgraceful exhibition of lack of character.

The MSM and many Americans are refusing to look at the truth when it's staring them straight in the face. HOW?

The MSM and many Americans are allowing this man to carry on in spite of the serious allegations raised against him. WHY?

The MSM and many Americans are not the least bit interested in WHY he refuses to end this controversy immediately - when he and he alone has the power to do so. IF they want it over, why aren't they calling on him to release the records and stop the "smear of his vietnam record and his character."

Bob Dole, one of the nation's most respected elected officials and vietnam veteran (no self-inflicted or "klutz"-inflicted wounds) has spoken out against Kerry -

The MSM and many Americans are responding "it's a shame Dole has stooped to partisan politics." Rather than realizing there MUST be some truth to all this, WHY would Bob Dole RISK HIS REPUTATION?

It truly alarms me that our fellow citizens are so accepting of such immorality and lack of character - THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT WHO WE ARE AS A NATION, PEOPLE! (I posted a number of quotes last night on the subject, "WHY the SBVFT are doing the Honorable Thing").

And to think, THIS mentality is what so many of our sons, daughters, husbands, wives are out there right now trying to defend and protect.

SHAME, SHAME ON (many of) THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY! WE SHOULD BE DEMANDING FORTHRIGHT, HONEST, MORAL MEN TO LEAD OUR NATION FORWARD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: