SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's is as far from the truth as he was from Cambodia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Kerry's is as far from the truth as he was from Cambodia Reply with quote

I am a conservative, but I am this way because I have as bedrock a set of values I strive to live by. It is because of this that I vote for the person/candidate that best reflects what I know to be important for me and my family. It is also why I continually challenge the party of the candidates that I most often vote for-the Republican Party. I challenge their motives, integrity and honesty.

I did not vote for George Bush in 2000. I voted for Pat Buchanan. In 1996 I did not vote for either Clinton or Dole as I did not vote for a presidential candidate when filling out my ballot (my little protest). I was convinced before the Swiftees came forward that I should vote for Bush because of the terrorist threat.

Because of SBVT I have looked hard at the words and actions of John Kerry and they add up to the most carnal motivation of all to be in politics - to serve self. Everything about John Kerry's history as a student, sailor and politician, that I have learned, has been to further the self interests of himself. His military and political record indicates a man that is willing to take credit as a hero for things he did not do and crediting others for atrocites that they did NOT do. And he gets away with it because....

He is supported by people who do not question his character, their party or the means that are used to gain political power. They do not believe that the truth is relevant where their values are concerned.

I believe that "truthful means" lead to a "truthful end". In the final analysis we arrive at the end that I will call "ultimate truth" when guided by factual truth. We are a divided country because a great many people are no longer guided by truth. John Kerry is such a person and John Kerry has led a life that is as far away from the truth as he was from Cambodia.

I am waiting for someone to step up and be an eyewitness to Bush's military record-are there any takers? I know that he served on active duty and I know that he did not go to Vietnam. I believe, but do not know that his service was honorable. I believe that he may have regrets about something-whatever it is- about his service, but I know that he has never used his service to hurt his fellow veterans. I know that he has not tried to reinvent himself by distancing himself from his actions from over 35 years ago: he is essentially silent about them. I am not happy with all the things I have learned concerning Bush's service, but I do not feel THREATENED by it like I do with John Kerry's military history. I know that George Bush has proven himself as leader, 35 years later, and John Kerry has not. He has never been on the right side of issue long enough to be proven otherwise.

The SBVT has stepped forward with their evidence. Offering it to be scrutinized in light of John Kerry's very own words and actions. Their are no medals or citations that can be given for what they are doing, but their sincerity and bravery have encouraged this truckdriver from Kansas.

God Bless The Swift Vets who would rather have a pure heart than a purple heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: