SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ted Sampley

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Ted Sampley Reply with quote

I would expect him to set Kerry up like I have heard. Everyone knew that Kerry would be at the wall, that was no big secret. I am sure that Ted was there also knowing that. I won't say if I believe the report of the flipping incident without a little evidence but I wouldn't put it past Kerry. If I were setting Kerry up I would save the picture for release on about Oct. 15th. So if it is true don't expect to see or hear until it's closer to the election. That would be a slam dunk card for Kerry. It is not uncommon for the Secret Service to confiscate film either.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Ted Sampley Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I would expect him to set Kerry up like I have heard. Everyone knew that Kerry would be at the wall, that was no big secret. I am sure that Ted was there also knowing that. I won't say if I believe the report of the flipping incident without a little evidence but I wouldn't put it past Kerry. If I were setting Kerry up I would save the picture for release on about Oct. 15th. So if it is true don't expect to see or hear until it's closer to the election. That would be a slam dunk card for Kerry. It is not uncommon for the Secret Service to confiscate film either.

http://www.miafacts.org/prankster.htm
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Ted Sampley Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:

Statement of Senator John McCain:

"I strongly caution reporters who may be contacted by or are interested in Mr. Ted Sampley and the various organizations he claims to represent, and his opinions on the subject of Senator Kerry, or any subject for that matter, to investigate thoroughly Mr. Sampley's background and history of spreading outrageous slander and other disreputable behavior before inadvertently lending him or his allegations any credibility.

I am well familiar with Mr. Sampley, and I know him to be one of the most despicable people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. I consider him a fraud who preys on the hopes of family members of missing servicemen for his own profit. He is dishonorable, an enemy of the truth, and despite his claims, he does not speak for or represent the views of all but a few veterans. The many veterans I know would think it a disgrace to be considered a comrade or supporter of Ted Sampley."
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the man is a nut? He shouldn't have provoked Kerry, but Kerry also should have not let himself be provoked. A United States Senator is supposed to be above losing his cool. I don't have a problem with what happened, only that Kerry lost his cool and did what he did in front of school children. He should have kept his cool, and let the Secret Service detail handle Sampley, and get him away from the area!

Does two wrongs make a right?

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
So the man is a nut? He shouldn't have provoked Kerry, but Kerry also should have not let himself be provoked. A United States Senator is supposed to be above losing his cool. I don't have a problem with what happened, only that Kerry lost his cool and did what he did in front of school children. He should have kept his cool, and let the Secret Service detail handle Sampley, and get him away from the area!

Does two wrongs make a right?

Woof!

?? - Thought I said something similar. Musta forgot to past it when I pasted other stuff. The story about the snowboard and the SS fellow and a couple other stories/rumors seem to indicate a bit of quick temper. - Oh well, just as well that a president can't spur of the moment push "The Button" in a pique.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, I'm not a 100% Bush Kool Aid Drinker. I have a lot of problems with him and his issues, politics, actions and policies. I also have just as many problems with Kerry.

Like I said, two wrongs do not make a right! This Sampley fellow certainly has problems, and is a wacko in my opinion. But, just like Kerry, he is a Vietnam Veteran, and I respect both of them for that. This nation is seeing a level of hate in the political arena that hasn't been seen since the 60/70's. Sampley should not have done what he did, but it is his right as a citizen of this great nation and as a Vietnam Veteran to do so!

It is also Kerry's right as a citizen and a Vietnam Veteran to protect himself from attacks, and to defend himself. But, as a politician, a United States Senator, a viable candidate for the office of President of the United States, he should have known better than to respond in kind. By losing his cool like he did, he puts himself in the same boat as Sampley fellow. When you lower yourself to the level of those attacking you, you prove that you are no better or worse than they are.

Kerry should have kept his cool, and let his Secret Service detail and/or those in his campaign staff handle Sampley. It's doing what he did, and responding like he did in front of school children and the public at this ceremony that I object to and critcize him for.

And this isn't the first time that John Kerry has lost his cool, and flown off the handle and said things that he shouldn't have. If he cannot keep his cool in pressure/crisis situations such as the snowboarding incident, this one and others, then he does not deserve to be President and Commander-in-Chief.

And I'd say the same thing about President Bush or any politician, Democrat or Republican if they did what Senator Kerry did.

But that is just my not so humble opinion, and I'm sticking to it! Very Happy

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
Craig, I'm not a 100% Bush Kool Aid Drinker. I have a lot of problems with him and his issues, politics, actions and policies. I also have just as many problems with Kerry.

Like I said, two wrongs do not make a right! This Sampley fellow certainly has problems, and is a wacko in my opinion. But, just like Kerry, he is a Vietnam Veteran, and I respect both of them for that. This nation is seeing a level of hate in the political arena that hasn't been seen since the 60/70's. Sampley should not have done what he did, but it is his right as a citizen of this great nation and as a Vietnam Veteran to do so!

It is also Kerry's right as a citizen and a Vietnam Veteran to protect himself from attacks, and to defend himself. But, as a politician, a United States Senator, a viable candidate for the office of President of the United States, he should have known better than to respond in kind. By losing his cool like he did, he puts himself in the same boat as Sampley fellow. When you lower yourself to the level of those attacking you, you prove that you are no better or worse than they are.

Kerry should have kept his cool, and let his Secret Service detail and/or those in his campaign staff handle Sampley. It's doing what he did, and responding like he did in front of school children and the public at this ceremony that I object to and critcize him for.

And this isn't the first time that John Kerry has lost his cool, and flown off the handle and said things that he shouldn't have. If he cannot keep his cool in pressure/crisis situations such as the snowboarding incident, this one and others, then he does not deserve to be President and Commander-in-Chief.

And I'd say the same thing about President Bush or any politician, Democrat or Republican if they did what Senator Kerry did.

But that is just my not so humble opinion, and I'm sticking to it! Very Happy

War Woof!

Myself does not think in terms of what one deserves the office. If I did then there would need be a draft to fill it. The office is not there for the pleasure of the individual.
First I saw an interview with Kerry I did not think highly of him at all for sake of his typical politician evasiveness of evading giving direct answers to questions. Last time I saw him he did better.But I have been seeing a lot of interviews with folks who get asked questions and the response is saying a lot of stuff that seems to among to turning to some prepared speech that might relate to the issue but is not all that responsive to the question.
Candidates certainly have character flaws. My opinion is that it would be very difficult for one to climb all that high on the political ladder by being all that honest of a person. I suppose that the most of folks was aware enough of some of Clintons but voted for him anyway. - Well, there would certainly be a lot of Clinton supporters who would have their heads in the sands of denial but maybe a lot figured that the sort of things he was exposed to lie about did not have a lot to do with ability to do job of presidenting and lying is in the nature of politicking anyway.

Sampley is more than just a wacko. Some of his slanders would have reached felonious levels if he was not well aware that politicians cannot often afford to sue over such things for sake of that would just give more publicity to the slander. If a politician were going to sue a slanderer I think he would need be damned certain of winning - but even then every character flaw he might have would likely to make much in even publications that might be prejudiced in favor of his party.
Sampley is way more vile than just a wacko. He has found something to exploit and I don't know that it would matter to him or if he even believes what he claims about POW/MIA's.

So why can't some folks attack the person for what is real? Most of the attacks on Kerry seems to be accusation fanciful imaginings of how things must have been in relation to his getting any medals. Then there is that whole winter soldier thing and seems to be louder b****ing about a book cover than what was written in the book. And the book itself seems to be much that he gave a person some of his stuff and gave his name to exploit. I gather that he did not have a lot directly to do with putting the book together.
Then someone accuses that Kerry marched under North Vietnamese flag. That don't mean squat. Any such demonstrations that are open to all comers there is nothing one can really do about the nutcases or [EXPLETIVES] who might attach themselves to a thing. I suppose that one could ask those persons to not display such a thing since the way majority did not support the north but did favor ending the war for myriad reasons.
Trying to forcibly eject them would likely be chargeable as assault and battery and make for interesting news stories about divisiveness among the ranks and such.
LOL - a thing comes to mind of big issue being made about gays wanting to march as gays in a St Patricks Day parade. - I think that the gays even won in court. ?? - have to look that up. - I am certainly one to the view that gays have as much rights as anyone - but such as that parade is not a gay issue and I thought that inappropriate to make it so. On a jury I don't know how I might have voted if they should be allowed a permit or not. - Parades are more organized events than demonstrations to the extent I think they amount to be closer to a private affair. Demonstrations seem to be more like an open to all comers and has only been given permit to take over the streets or park or whatever for a time. - But that is just some personal opinion. There have been demonstrations aplenty that folks have just decided to get in the way while they make noise about an issue. - Well, I got some views about persons impeding my progress where I want to go but this could get long ....

Anyway - I'd like to see photo of Kerry flipping the guy off. I have seen a number of photo's that are claimed to be flipping someone off - some were obvious as accused some were questionable and some obvious enough that a person was just using that finget to scratch or just a relaxed or gesturing hand might have that finger a little out of position with the rest.
I dunno - so my opinion would be tentative based on a "what if".

Seems that SS was not on the job for letting Sampley get close to him. Don't they like to remove folks with opposing views from the candidate to some "free speech zone"? Do they allow some known Bush hater to get so close to Bush? - Maybe Kerry has been generally snotty attitude enough that they don't want to protect him just real good. Wink
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

How is it you don't address Kerry's voting (or actually, non-voting) record?

Or his meeting with Madame Binh?

Or his part in a meeting that discussed assassinating US Senators?
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Craig,

Might be interesting to address your starting right off with what just amounts to lying by implication that I have not addressed what you accuse that I have not addressed.
"Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" Is the classic example of your dishonest question. While a question might not be dishonest the thing you present is not even a question. It is an accusation disguised with a question mark at the end.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:

snip

Regarding that finger flipping episode I have not discovered mention of it that does not relate back to a not at all credible source. - NewsMax - but of course true believers would just accuse that the liberal press is covering it up.
I will wait until I hear more about it from other sources though. It would seem that there would be quite a number of witnesses to the event.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Craig,

Might be interesting to address your starting right off with what just amounts to lying by implication that I have not addressed what you accuse that I have not addressed.
"Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" Is the classic example of your dishonest question. While a question might not be dishonest the thing you present is not even a question. It is an accusation disguised with a question mark at the end.

I have not seen anywhere that you have addressed these issues, Craig. You don't have to be defensive about everything. If you have addressed them already, I apologize. Please point out where. If not, the question stands and your attempt to divert the subject failed.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Craig wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Craig,

I have not seen anywhere that you have addressed these issues, Craig. You don't have to be defensive about everything. If you have addressed them already, I apologize. Please point out where. If not, the question stands and your attempt to divert the subject failed.

Divert?
Seems that Ted Samply was the issue of the moment. Been carrying on about that issue with some digressions and then you jump in with what I am sure that you would claim to not be just some diversionary attack with some loaded lying question/accusations.

Perhaps you fancy yoruself as pretty damned clever to interject some demands that I address this and that issues at your whim. I think it amusing.
Since this site does not have a search function I am not about to search through everything posted to try to find you where I have had what say I wished about issues which you importune.
Craig

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: LOL - from a newsgroup Reply with quote

Subject: Re: Kerry Flips Off Wacko... so what?

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.politics.usa.republican, alt.politics.bush, alt.politics, alt.politics.democrats.d
Date: 2004-06-02 16:00:57 PST

"Rex the Reaper" <natjackm92us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:f3b9ba77.0406021350.4da766fc@posting.google.com...

> While I certaintly wouldn't mind that ******* Sampley being treated
> like the ******* he is, I doubt this story is true.

Drudge won't even touch it.

--
-Mr. N
-------------------------------------------
Pro-America
Anti-Bush
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: