SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kerrys new buddies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: kerrys new buddies Reply with quote

Question Hi, im a newby here, maybe someone out there can help me out. I heard somewhere today that kerry had some new found friends in nam that are on his side! does anyone know who they are , and were they from the north or south?
BuzzCreek49
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Where do they come from? Reply with quote

I do not know much about the Swifty people except from this website and the book, etc. I am guessing the supporters of Kerry are just of a different political persuasion and do not wish to be pigeonholed as Bush advocates. I am a Tin Can Vietnam Vet. Different sort of Navy. Once, while working on a documentary about the loss of the Asiatic Fleet in WWII, I was talking with some of the surviving crew (see usshouston.org). It was when Clinton was president. The conversation turned to Clinton and became very negative and I joined it too ... as I am not a Clinton sort. Then, one of these veteran survivors chimed in and said he would not put up with the anti-Clinton talk as he was very pleased with his presidency. Picture a look of shock on the other survivors and on my face. It was a watershed moment for me. I then realized that America has a lot of diverse thought on politics. Even when these fellows of the USS Houston (CA-30) had fought - were sunk - and survived hell in Burma and "The Bridge on The River Kwai", they still had independent thoughts on what they wanted in elected officials. And some of them supported the very people most were NOT fond of! I learned at that point to respect them for who they are, while maintaining my own opinion of what was the better choice for the country. Even the bravest and most severely wounded veteran can be wrong. And, they earned that right to be wrong in a very real way! You can always find another that has a different viewpoint, perhaps more like your own, and perhaps right. This is critical to news reporting today. To back up a 'liberal' position the media will exploit and publicize the "liberal-wounded-veteran-hero" even if they are only 10% of the "wounded-veteran-hero" population. This is one of the hurdles for the Swifties. They are the 90%, while the 10% will always get the majority of the media attention. This is why - of the few things I have ever supported with donations - I am supporting the Swifties.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's commie friends in Vietnam are supporting him.
Below are links to the articles about this.
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/nation/politics/9461097.htm
also
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=6034437
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: