SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark my words.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Mark my words. Reply with quote

In the intrest of breavity, I will make this short.

The swiftboat vets ad campaign will leave the Kerry candidacy on the McGovern scrapheap of history.

The Kerry wing of the democratic party know it and are terrified. Congrats guys. You are great americans, I am very proud to support you.
MarcB
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Mark my words. Reply with quote

IamHG wrote:
In the intrest of breavity, I will make this short.

The swiftboat vets ad campaign will leave the Kerry candidacy on the McGovern scrapheap of history.

The Kerry wing of the democratic party know it and are terrified. Congrats guys. You are great americans, I am very proud to support you.

Who is McGovern? j/k Smile Keep up the good work guys......

Marc

- Winston Churchill, on Neville Chamberlain
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though he was/is a staunch liberal, McGovern is a far better man than Kerry. He served 35 combat missions in ww2 as a bomber pilot.

Funny thing is, I didn't even know about that until recently. He never mentioned it in his wartime campaign against Nixon.

Zell Miller
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes funny you don't hear the Kerry camp bragging about him working for the McGovern campaign. You'd think that would be an important milestone in the young Kerrys life. You don't hear about his association with Jane Fonda, and you don't hear them brag about his prominent role in the Anti-War movement..

You sure as hell don't hear them talk about his record in the senate..

You have to ask yourself what these guys had planned to run on?
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right; McGovern never wore his "hero status" on his sleeve like Kerry does. There has never been a true hero, including those who won the Congressional Medal of Honor, that paraded it around. NEVER -- until now and Kerry's medals are not even the top ones.

I'm very concerned with the level of intelligence in Americans who support Kerry. Well, they are smart but I think they have no conscious. NONE. They'll vote for a liar, and a man who gave comfort and aid to the North Vietnamese while our real heroes were being tortured and killed in Vietnamese POW camps.

They'll vote for this kind of person because they just want the White House back. That is the lowest kind of American there is!!
rsrobinson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
Though he was/is a staunch liberal, McGovern is a far better man than Kerry. He served 35 combat missions in ww2 as a bomber pilot.

Funny thing is, I didn't even know about that until recently. He never mentioned it in his wartime campaign against Nixon.

I've never heard any candidate talk as incessantly about his military record as Kerry has. The only modern president to build a successful campaign around his military record was Eisenhower and no amount of embellishment by Kerry will make him an Eisenhower.
jfnk
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gets me about Kerry (okay, one thing among many) is that every time you attack his leftist voting record, he'll accuse you of attacking his patriotism and talk about how he served in Vietnam.
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its called the Max Cleland defense. "How dare you question my voting record... errr patriotism?"
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Eisenhower didn't run on his war record as much as Kerry.

I have never heard a genuine war hero talk about himself as much as Kerry.

I have a lot of disagreements with McCain, but try to talk to him about him being a hero, and he'll want to tell you about the guys he served with. Talk to just about any real hero and he'll tell you about the guys who deserved medals but didn't get them.

What does Kerry say about his fellow vets? "Rapists", "war criminals".

Until he runs for President. And then his single greatest flip-flop, his new "band of brothers".

I really, truly dislike that man.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't vote for McGovern, but I did have respect for him.
I have no respect for Hanoi John.
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not meaning to say anything against George McGovern. I am merely saying that this "close" election has the potential of becoming a blow-out (McGovern Style) if the american people get a fresh look at the un-american activities of John Kerry.
hcocdr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Kerry Now Reply with quote

If kerry is trying to keep the Swift-Vets for their right to tell their story, what would he do as President?
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Swift Vets discuss in the book Unfit For Command, Kerry has one tried and true campaign strategy that he has used again and again:

Show off his medals, brag about his war record, and then attack the opponent on their far less stellar or nonexistant military record.

It's worked every time for him thus far.

You think Kerry wasn't coordinating with McAullife and MoveOn.org to bring up the issue of President Bush's Air National Guard service 30 years ago?

That is vintage Kerry. "Hey I was in Vietnaaaam geting shhhhaawwt at by the VeeeeeeCeeeeee and where was Geoooorge Bush? AWOL from the National Gawwwwd!"

The Kerry Campaign has tried to palm off it's fascination with the 30 year old history onto the Bush campaign but I don't think open-minded fair people will buy it.

It's a beautiful sight to see. Kerry tries the tactic one more time of running on a four month combat tour 30 years ago and trashing his opponent's military record and it has backfired on him and blown up right in his face.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are on the subject of McGovern, one thing I will say of him - he is an honest liberal and one with dignity. Being of my father's generation, he said nothing of his war experience, never knew he flew the mission. That is a mark of the character of the man. Kerry is certainly NO McGovern.

Although I was totally against all he stood for, he was, is, a man worthy of respect. Some years ago, I heard or read an interesting story about him. After leaving Congress, apparently he went into business, buying an inn or bed & breakfast, something of the sort. Once he entered the "real" world, outside of the Beltway, and worked for a living and had to make a payroll, he saw first hand the stupidity of all of the regulations and legislation he had a hand in drafting and/or voting for over the years, as it affected his business. What an education!!! Too bad these guys don't do this FIRST, BEFORE going to Congress, rather than after.

Of course, it is another good reason to actively and aggressively opposed these two attorneys, JFK and his ambulance-chasing sidekick. If you think lawyers have wrecked the country already, wait til these guys get into office. (God forbid!!!) I will take MBA's and former CEO's any day of the week......

Semper Fi!

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, no offense to lawyers who happen to belong to this forum.... especially to Mr. O'Neill. Generally when I speak of lawyers in this context, I mean the trial lawyer lobby and their lackeys in office as well as those who really never worked an honest day's labor, going direct from law school into politics without any practical experience, such as I cited in my previous post.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: