SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets - Let's remove Bush from this fray!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: SwiftVets - Let's remove Bush from this fray!! Reply with quote

Kerry is obviously going to continue blaming President Bush and asking him to stop us, until we remove Bush from the middle and take that tact away from Kerry.

I believe we could accomplish that with a simple video.

"Mr. President, we respectfully refuse to stop informing the American people what we know firsthand, that John Kerry is unfit for command."

"Mr. Kerry, stop ignoring us and the truth! Sign your form 180, and release all your military records into the public domain."

We would not have to pay to run such a video anywhere.

It would be the big news story of the day - the next bold chess move in our front-page battle with John Kerry.

Just post it on this site and email it to all media. Also make it available to members to download here and send out to friends.
MDunlap
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. That would be one of the best things that could be done. As long as Hanoi Kerry can claim Bush has control over the SwiftVets, they will cast doubt on your cause. I think you have done a great job so far. You are pushing your goals that he is a dishonarable person and not a leader. Anything else and it is a push for Bush.

This is a great idea and should be done.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the spokesmen for the group have made it very clear that they are not going to stop running these ads - that they have an important message and they are going to get it out there.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBVT is an independent 527 and Kerry knows that, his only move is to try to tie Bush to the organization as he can't address the Swiftees charges.Merrie Spaeth completely blew the Kerry camapaign and the NYT out of the water last night on their claims that she was connected to the White House which is a lie.The cease and desist order sent to Kerry by SBVT was a clever move as it reveals that it's Kerry not Bush who's attempting illegally to coordinate with a 527 group.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I think more should be done to remind people that the Swift Vets include Democrats, Independents, Greens etc. and are *not* about electing Republicans - only about the specific menace of Kerry.

Lately, in some of the other threads I have started to see "Republican triumphalism" - the type of talk that says, "and now the group should do this and this to elect more Republicans on Bush's coattails". And the MSM (falsely) charges the Swift Vets with that as well. Most people won't see Merrie's interview.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that hleone's idea is pretty good.

A quick ad saying that the Kerry campaign is trying to deflect the answering of qustions or the release of all records is required now.

The other side is going to keep pounding the " Bush is behind it" deal.

If that is followed by with weak responses Kerry will nuetralize a lot of the damage done so far. Somebody said that the Kerry camp has enlisted a lot of Clinton people. Give them there due. They are very good at munipulation.

The Bush ties must be countered with "why won't Mr. Kerry release his records by signing a Form 180?"
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen threads about electing republicans please give an example. People are careful to note that this is an anti-Kerry site not a pro-Bush site. John O'Neill and others have made a point of saying they'd be doing the same thing if Kerry was a republican. This is not a partisan issue it's about honor.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea but I think O'Neill and many other's have done a great job trying to get this through to everyone.

The problem lies in the fact that no matter what is said, no matter what proof is out there to show no connection, the Kerry Camp and the Dems are hell bent on this and they will not stop.

Remember, there is the right way, the wrong way and the Dem way!!
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lily, glad we agree (or that I did not speak out of turn).

As to threads - I am not good with finding old ones,or cutting/pasting the links. I recently saw one like "This contest was over before it started", where the talk drifts into wishes for a Bush landslide followed by destruction of the MSM. I saw another recently, can't remember the title, where the talk drifted into "the Congressional races matter too....we have to keep pushing to get a Republican landslide". -- No big deal. I'm far more concerned about the false charges - or the smears, if you will - being spread in the MSM.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they take away our rights to free speech, it's the beginning of the end. Campaign finance reform created this debacle, and the President signed it into law. He can disparage 527s, but they are part of the landscape now.

Pres. Bush needs to state categorically that 527s are legal, he has no control over the SwiftVets, and they have every right to speak out.

Go SwiftVets!!!
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_madeup.

I am the origonal poster of the article you referred to: "This contest is over before it started"

I am trying to keep the morale of all posters and swifties. Our campaign to keep Kerry out of the White House is really hurting Kerry. I am not trying to swing it to Bush, but away from Kerry. President Bush, of course, benefit from Kerry's freefall and that is unavoidable...

Damaging Kerry is what the post is all about

Thanks for reading it and responding

RV
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be no references to re-electing President Bush over John Kerry. As has been stated numerous times here this Site is about the men who served with John Kerry who have a different take on things than Sen. Kerry and his actions and words that have and did harm to the morale and well being of Troops fighting in Vietnam. As well as his exxagerations of what happened while he was in Vietnam regarding his own Duty there.
This is about the Honor and Integrity of the Swift Boat Veterans and all Vets of Vietnam. I fully agree that this would be occuring wether Kerry was a Republican or a Democrat. There are no ties between SBVFT and the Bush Campaign and we should all do our best to keep that out of our comments here as well.
This is not a Forum for Re-Electing President Bush and any threads or comments that are blatantly Partisan in that manner are subject to removal by the Moderators.
Do not allow Kerry dragging President Bush into this frey to carry over to here, there are those out there that will use that against SBVFT!
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

Just to add some color: Where I live, people take it as SELF-EVIDENT that the Swifties are a Republican smear machine and therefore not worth listening to. That's what you're up against. Know thy enemy and don't underestimate what he's busy on - that's all I'm saying.

I try to explain to people, no, the Swifties are the real deal, they rose on their own, I know because I've been watching them 4 months....That's when people start backing away from me, or say "You've been watching too much FOX." lol Smile (I don't watch any TV)
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tv ad of that would be great. It would justifiably take the President out of this. I love Bush, but this is nothing to do with him one way or the other. That would be great. It's so ridiculous that kerry has urged the President to do something that he KNOWS is illegal. If Bush communicated with SBVT for or against their ads, in ANY capacity, he would be breaking the liberals wonderful campaign finance reform law. Which is what kerry did when he called several SBVT members yesterday! I really didn't think he was that stupid. Immoral, unethical, dishonorable, deceitful, sure yeah, I knew that. But not stupid. Gorge W. Bush is now officially not the "stupid" candidate anymore. Thanks johnny! Smile
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, if it's a Republican smear machine, why has it not been taken to any courts? Why has kerry not filed slander or libel suits? Why is it that John O'Neil and many other SBVT are registered Democrats? Why is all that? I believe that the only people who think it's a "smear" campaign had their minds made up ahead of time and are the "anybody but Bush" mind numbed masses that kerry needs to be President. Any real rational open minded people who really check out this movement, cannot come away thinking it's a smear campaign. Especailly commpared to the whole kerry campaign, moores fictional movie, soros's tens of millions against Bush, and the fact that kerry has links to BOTH of those. IF anything is suspect and a real smear, it's all that. Not SBVT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: