SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Memory of Sgt. Cletus K. Granger a real HERO Mr Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob g
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: In Memory of Sgt. Cletus K. Granger a real HERO Mr Kerry Reply with quote

About 2 yrs ago my Uncle died after an Operation @ Mayo clinic from effects of Agent Orange Etc. /Vietnam. He was a Lifer(23 Yrs) Army Big Red One as a D. I. In WW II at 16 enlisted as 18. He saw total Combat in according to many some of the worst ever. Korea broke out & he volunteered for...Combat. He was for a time at the White House Detail when Truman was Pres. When Vietnam came he was in his 40's and losing a step but volunteered as a Medic and back in Combat again. Like 99 %
of real heroes he never talked about his many medals etc. I had to pry things out of him. My dad was w/ Marines on Midway Island . He had died in High School and told me what he knew about my dad's service. My Uncle was in Au Shau ( spelling?) Valley firefight and lost hearing on one ear from a grenade. He told me his men hated him as a D.I. I said I know why ! He was surprised. I said you rode them hard so you would know you
had done everything possible to prepare them for Combat like you saw in
3 Wars. He was shocked I knew the answer. With a tear in his eye he said
he met a few guys yrs. later over some beers and they said in boot camp they hated his guts but they too know why he was so tough on them and that they loved him. As a recruiter Madison Wi. a Fonda / Kerry spit on him and called My Hero a baby killer. John Kerry you Sir ..SUCK !!!!!
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mourn with you for your loss. But know he did not die in vain. God bless you.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: we dont forget Reply with quote

I've had the privalege to know people like your uncle. some of the things a man does is for his own beliefs, there isnt any reason to explain it. Its like giving money when you cant really afford it. I know the men he taught came away with something of value. thats hard to get sometimes,without real men like him we might be speaking some language other than American. We need more people like your uncle.later....jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: