SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nightmare in November.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Grice
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Nightmare in November. Reply with quote

Imagine what it will be like in the wee hours of November 3rd if President Bush has to make a call President-Elect Kerry conceding the election. I shudder at the thought. As a Navy vet myself, (AC3 – NAS Atsugi 65-67) I cannot imagine how badly I will feel. I urge all veterans and supporters of veterans to do more than vent on this and other sites. We must work hard to see to it that President Bush wins a second term. Give as much as you can to his campaign and contact your state Bush for President Headquarters to volunteer. I have also given to swiftvets.com and have urged everyone else I know to do the same. If they run another ad, I will donate more. If we all pull together these last 70 days then the Nightmare in November will be Kerry’s.

I’m very proud of you, Swiftvets. Stay strong.

Thanks,
Rick Grice
Proud Then, Proud Now
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you're on the wrong site, son.

This site isn't about who wins the election, it's about making sure it isn't Kerry.

Nice try, though. See ya.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, but this site really isn't about the President. This site is about promoting and supporting the Swifts' message - that John Kerry is not fit to become our CinC.

The focus here is on the Swifts' message - which must be up front and center at all times.

Thank you,
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what you mean. I have had this terrible thought and feeling ever since Kerry "reported for duty". I simply can't imagine haivng that SOB running our country. We need to talk to neighbors and friends. We need to attend Kerry rallies, campaign stops and such and we need to make sure the Kerry supporters attending such functions understand how we feel. These are the people we really need to convince, although I have to admit I have not found thier minds to be at all open. Thus far, the typical response is "lying bastards, Republican conspiracy, Bush was AWOL". Sometimes it is enough to make you scream.

But I will keep trying and I WILL keep contributing to the Swiftvets. Does anybody know if they are going to need a special legal defense fund? Or can they use our normal contributions as needed?
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not about Bush or any other candidate. It is about Senator Kerry and the fact that based on his past he is unfit to lead.
frigatesailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cipher, while I agree that making sure that Kerry does not become CIC of the military is the main message of the Swiftvet campaign, and which I totally agree with, it cannot be ensured without supporting his rival in this two-man race for CIC. This is a cold, hard, fact and is the necessary response being illicited from the Swiftvet ads. To think that you can disconnect the action and the necessary response and be successful is fool hearty. I agree with Bob Chamberlain, support Kerry's rival to help insure Kerry's defeat. To do otherwise will diminish the effort and monetary contributions to Swiftvets. 70+million in 527 contributions made to ensure Kerry's inauguration happens is only being countered by this small, grass roots one. Bush needs to win for Kerry to lose, simple math, man.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not disagreeing with you on that point. I am very active in other pro-Bush forums.

You are certainly welcome to support whichever candidate you choose - it's just that cheerleading for the President is not the focus of this board.

There are plenty of other venues for getting this message out. This board is for the support of the Swifts' message.

We have enough false accusations that this group is a Bush-funded effort without letting the bulletin board seem to reinforce that lie. Wink

Thanks,
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruising in pairs, are we?

Ensuring Kerry is not elected is not the MAIN message. It's the ONLY message.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main point I was trying to make is that we DO need to go beyond this website and try to reach people who will never come to this site on their own. We need to convince at least a few Kerry supporters that we are against Kerry the man - not Kerry the Democratic candidate, that we are deeply and honestly offended by his past actions and that his past actions are serious enough to render him unfit now to be President. If we can reach even two or three percent of Kerry's core "anybody but Bush" support, Kerry's non-election will, I believe, be assured. But we have to go beyond this website to reach these people. And we can't leave all of that effort up to the Swiftvets. Each and every one of us needs to be active in our local communties to achieve this goal.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Kerry is the problem Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I am not disagreeing with you on that point. I am very active in other pro-Bush forums.

You are certainly welcome to support whichever candidate you choose - it's just that cheerleading for the President is not the focus of this board.

I agree. George Bush does not own my vote or me, and I consider myself free to vote for either party in any election. If the Democrats had nominated a decent human being and a genuine Democrat (REAL Democrats don't destroy working people's jobs to pander to the environmental Left with the Kyoto Treaty, nor do they consort with proven racists and anti-Semites like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, or with disloyal anti-American vermin like Michael Moore and George Soros), I could easily vote for that candidate over Bush. If they put up an equivalent of Hubert Humphrey or Harry Truman, they would probably have a landslide in November.

But they didn't. They put up a phony and an empty suit who threw his medals over the fence and, now that he wants to be a war hero, he says they were another man's medals. He gave the NVA for free (allegations of U.S. war crimes) what dozens of POWs endured torture rather than give up. He voted 100% with the anti-Second Amendment Brady Campaign and now he poses with a hunting rifle to show his support for the Second Amendment. Even the hamster story looks fake.

This individual is a phony and a fraud, and I would not trust him with my household garbage let alone the Presidency.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush win or loose...the jihad against kerry will continue. Honor of the offended vets can't be bought at any price...the quest to publicly restore their honor will not be circumvented.

kerry win or loose the election will be hounded non stop by this until all involved have satisfaction. This issue will not fade on election day.
USKafir01
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Regarding Kerry Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this thread, Rick. Although it might not have much to do with the Swiftees' topic here, it DOES have a LOT to do with what we're fighting for - no offense to the others in here.

I first heard the name KERRY from a navy buddy of mine back in 1981 onboard USS FORRESTAL (CV-59). He served under Kerry in Vietnam. This is what he had to say about John Kerry:

- Was pompous and felt that just because he was an officer, people had to snap at full attention whenever he walked into a room or came onboard the swift boat;

- Worried about getting his hands dirty and never helped to moor the boat nor work alongside his enlisted men;

- Never cared too much at all for his enlisted men and wrote poor evaluations on most of them;

- Backed down from verbal commands that might have been given earlier to enlisted - especially if it meant he was getting in trouble for issuing them;

- Took cowardly actions and maneuvered away from hostile fire on the rivers, even when other boats needed assistance and backup firepower;

- Always took steps to ensure that whenever group photos were taken, he was in the center of the pictures.

Not a good officer. I would not want to work for this man let alone having him become our next president!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: