SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Reserve status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Reserve status Reply with quote

I am fascinated by what I hear on the Rush Limbaugh Show today. Rush wasn't there, and I don't know who was filling in, but he insinuated that the records for the meeting requirements and active service days Kerry was required to undertake in the USNR after his return from Vietnam have not been forthcoming by Kerry. Is there any other way we can check to see if he did, in fact, fulfill all his reserve requirements? In addition, I understand he was still in the USNR when he met with the enemy. Could it possibly be that he also missed a reserve meeting or active service day during that time as well?

Isn't meeting with the enemy in uniform in war time treason?

ex animo
davidfarrar
Aunt Polgara
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is: Are there any public documents available to tell us what kind of a discharge Kerry got? Did he get an honorable discharge? Does anyone know?
Whyitsme
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heard the same thing on Rush. Would love to know the truth behind this as well.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aunt Polgara wrote:
Did he get an honorable discharge? Does anyone know?

According to several documents on his website, the answer is "yes".
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Kerry's Reserve status Reply with quote

Kerry was re-assigned by request to the navel reserves after receiving his three Purple Hearts upon leaving Viet Nam. He had reserve obligations.
ex animo
davidfarrar
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Kerry's Reserve status Reply with quote

Kerry did get an honorable discharge...what do you think he would get with three Purple Heart, a Silver and Bronze?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I checked, the only DD-214 on his site was his release from active.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Reserve status Reply with quote

DavidFarrar wrote:
I am fascinated by what I hear on the Rush Limbaugh Show today. Rush wasn't there, and I don't know who was filling in, but he insinuated that the records for the meeting requirements and active service days Kerry was required to undertake in the USNR after his return from Vietnam have not been forthcoming by Kerry.

Sad to say, the guy on Rush was wrong.

When candidate Kerry was released from EAD (Extended Active Duty) he went to the the Standby Reserve. He was transfered to the Standby Reserve - Inactive on 16 Aug 72. His honorable discharge is dated 16 Feb 76.

In the Standby Reserve he could have been called to active duty by the president. In the Standby Reserve he did not drill. (That would be the Active Reserve.)

The Standby Reserve - Inactive can only be called to active duty by an act of congress.

I hate to say it, but it looks like Nixon missed a chance Crying or Very sad

Note: all the above from PDF files on candidate Kerry's website.

Last edited by air_vet on Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Aunt Polgara
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry did get an honorable discharge...what do you think he would get with three Purple Heart, a Silver and Bronze?

Well, the medals would have been given long before he finished his reserve duty. I don't know anything about the military. If you get a medal and then get a less than honorable discharge, do they revoke the medal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: