SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two ways to fight terrorism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
†he Pa†rio†™
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Two ways to fight terrorism Reply with quote

(This is the first installment of a monthly commentary that will appear on my web site).

Saturday, 14 August, 2004

On 11 September 2001, America was attacked on its' home soil. It was very early here in Alaska when it happened. That morning, I turned on the television to catch the morning news. At first, I thought I was witnessing a terrible accident. Minutes later I realized, this was no accident. The second plane stuck the World Trade Center twin tower. Another struck the Pentagon, and another slammed into the ground in southwest Pennsylvania, home of many of my ancestors.

It was obvious that we were under attack. Using a jet liner as a bomb could only mean by terrorists, not a foreign country. Was it the same terrorists that attacked the World Trade Center in 1993? The same terrorists that attacked us in Kenya? The same terrorists that attacked the U.S.S. Cole? I believed the answer was, yes.

These attacks were a call to arms. Not just for America, but for the entire free world. One month later, America and its' allies destroyed the radical regime of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and sent the terrorists running back into the caves from whence they came, and freeing a nation devastated by decades of war.

In March of 2003, America and its' allies attacked Iraq to remove its' filthy dictator, Saddam Hussein. We succeeded. What followed, is not an uprising by the Iraqi people, but the insurgency of foreign terrorists flocking to Iraq to wage a deadly, terror filled fight against not only American and allied troops, but against the Iraqi people themselves. Truly, only cowards would perpetrate such evil destruction. They have made it clear that their only goal is to destroy America, and her way of life...indeed, our very lives, each and every one of us. Know all men, these truths to be self-evident; We will not cower in the face of terror. We will not hide in our temples. We will not disguise ourselves as sheep as did our attackers. We will not be timid in our retribution. We will never forget. We will not go quietly into the night. We will never give up. WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP! It is clear that there is only one thing these terrorist cowards understand. The business end of an M-16. They got their wish. There is no negotiating. No truce. No safe haven. No quarter.

There are only two ways to fight terrorism.

1. On our own soil.
2. On foreign soil.

If Kerry is elected, we will be fighting terrorism on our own soil.
If Bush is re-elected, we will continue to fight terrorism on foreign soil.
I prefer the latter.

Make your choice.

†he Pa†rio†™
A Son of the American Revolution
(Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.)
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers to that!

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! Thanks for the essay. Smile

I'm moving it into the geedunk in a bit - it's off-topic for this forum, in which we try to concentrate on the Swifts' message, Swifts' news, etc.

Thanks again - good points!
†he Pa†rio†™
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I agree! Thanks for the essay. Smile

I'm moving it into the geedunk in a bit - it's off-topic for this forum, in which we try to concentrate on the Swifts' message, Swifts' news, etc.

Thanks again - good points!

No problem. Just thought the end message was on topic. Which I think really is, or should be, VETS against Kerry.

†he Pa†rio†™
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

There are lots of veterans groups and veterans families against Kerry. I think a new one must spring up every day or two. Wink
†he Pa†rio†™
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is true. The message is getting out to all Americans to be sure.

I apologize for posting it in this venue. Wink

†he Pa†rio†™
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work Patriot. Couldn't agree with you more. Smile
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in your cornner, Patriot! Fine words..Excellent read!
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Patriot!
I do live in New York state...not near NYC, but I can not tell you the anger on that day. You are right on..although most of my fellow New Yorker's votes get trounced on by NYC population, we too shall never forget. Never..I chose as my President does to fight them "over there"..and I pray this country wakes up to that fact sooner rather than later, or God forbide they have to dig themselves out of rubble caused by the evil ones!

Keep up the good work..I could not agree more! Very Happy

ProudDaugther
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: