SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brit Hume 8/25/04 1510 MST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Brit Hume 8/25/04 1510 MST Reply with quote

Brit Hume's show just broadcast the info about John F-ing Kerry's first PH. Hume is not backing off of Kerry.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, look up Mr. Hume's biography on FOX. He used to be a print journalist of the old school and a damn good one. He got egg all over his face with regard to the swift boat story. Now he wants to get to the bottom of it. Just a guess, but I would bet money on it.

Truth is Beauty
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, how did he get egg on his face?
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egg on his face.......how so?

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
As I said before, look up Mr. Hume's biography on FOX. He used to be a print journalist of the old school and a damn good one. He got egg all over his face with regard to the swift boat story. Now he wants to get to the bottom of it. Just a guess, but I would bet money on it.

I don't get it...? Egg on his face?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit was as sceptical as O'Reilly when Swifts first popped up. He did, indeed, have egg on his face when he passed it off as Republican funded dirty politics at first.

But he IS the managing editor of news at Fox - he has a dedication to reporting the news and that finally showed up.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything else good on Brit Hume? I lost my FNC, only get the communist news network and their little sister msnbc.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Brit isn't part of the band of brothers...

Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the past week hes been constantly dealing with this story. Hes not saying its a smear campaign either. Hes making the panel answer the questions, not tap dance around it or just label it as a smear campaign.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he almost had Cici Connelly in tears a few days ago by refusing to let her use talking points (Well at least Kerry was there...) instead of answering direct questions.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Brit Hume Reply with quote

He not only brought up 1st P/H but also Max Cleland's visit to Tx.

About Cleland's statement "that Bush should step up to the plate", Hume said the only one that needed to step up to the plate was Kerry.

RHV
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand how any thinking person could have just dismissed the swiftvets so quickly as Oreilly and Hume did at first.

My first reaction when I heard of the swiftvets was that they were representing all those that were pissed off at Kerry for his betrayal before the fullbright commission. That was a no brainer.

I was skeptical about their ability to make their case, and more so when the May 4 meeting didn't go far in the press. But when I heard about the book and especially when I saw Oneill appear on cable I knew this was it for Kerry.

The "October surprise" for me would be that Kerry is still a candidate for POTUS.

Zell Miller
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Hume 8/25/04 Reply with quote

Hume dismissed it at first as did O'Reilly but after all the questions that were being raised Hume became more objective.

O'Reilly said today that he had no problem with the SBVT questioning Kerry's action after he came home. Thats nice of him to stand up for free speech.
May be O'Reilly is starting to come around.

RHV
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hume changed his tune after reading "Unfit for Command.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Brit Hume Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:
He not only brought up 1st P/H but also Max Cleland's visit to Tx.

About Cleland's statement "that Bush should step up to the plate", Hume said the only one that needed to step up to the plate was Kerry.

RHV

Excuse me, but it was fred Barnes that said John F-ing Kerry is the one who needs to step up to the plate. But, you're right, about the Cleland remarks, that came after I had posted, just like Fred's remark.

Hume, as has been pointed out by others, has a lot of credibility. I cannot address his disbelief of the Switees when he first heard about them, but he is not dissing them now. When Dubya first took office, there was an official function at the White House, and much to the chagrin of the MSM, Hume was the only media guy invited. The reports at the time credited that anomaly to Hume's fair and balanced treatment of Bush 41, when he was in office. IMO, Hume is a standup guy. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: