SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware of lefty, twisty, spin site to counter the Swiftees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Beware of lefty, twisty, spin site to counter the Swiftees Reply with quote

Beware of new lefty, twisty, spin site to counter the Swiftee claims called “Swiftboat Vets for Truth v Truth”. It can be found at:

Moderator - SBVT does not provide access to competing groups

Here is a sample of how they try to discredit Steve Gardner:

"Stephen Gardner has been touted by the anti-Kerry group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and by conservative hosts as a singularly authoritative critic with firsthand knowledge of Senator John Kerry's (D-MA) record in Vietnam because Gardner -- unlike all the other members of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth -- actually served on a swift boat that Kerry commanded...However...he has admitted that he -- just like the rest of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth claiming that Kerry is lying about his medals -- was not present for the incidents leading to Kerry's receipt of any medals or any of Kerry's three Purple Hearts." This means NOT A SINGLE MEMBER OF SBV actually served with Kerry during the incidents that led to Kerry's Purple Hearts, Bronze Star and Silver Star. Edited by Moderator.

My analysis:

See how they try to spin this. Gardner was not an eyewitness to any of the medals; nor did he ever claim to be. His testimony was to the issue of how Kerry embellishes his record. His testimony is in connection with the false Christmas in Cambodia story that was seared, seared in Kerry’s memory…..and, to the Sampan incident.

The Sampan incident involved an incident where the Swift boat quickly came upon an undetected sampan (due to Kerry’s negligence). There was a family aboard. The man and an unintentional child were shot by Gardner (who was on Kerry’s boat). The woman and another child were rescued form the sampan. When Kerry wrote the report for the sampan incident he reported four Viet Cong killed in action, and two Viet Cong captured in action. Kerry embellished his report and received a congratulatory message from Admiral Hoffmann.

The tunnel vision of the left can’t separate all the medal/award incidents and testimony about Kerry’s false embellishment of his record one from the other. What happens when one of the Swiftees is interviewed is that they will testify to the incident they are familiar with….but, get questioned about the many other incidents. They will usually clarify their answer by explaining they weren’t involved with that particular incident…but, give the best of their understanding about it. Some lefty site (like the one mentioned above) will then run with a report that “so and so Vet” admits he wasn’t even on the boat, etc.

NOTE TO MODERATOR: If my analysis of what Gardner is testifying to is inaccurate please correct me. I went back and reviewed the book for my debunking of this leftist site and tried to get it right!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of lefty, twisty, spin site to counter the Swifte Reply with quote

Frogg wrote:
Beware of new lefty, twisty, spin site to counter the Swiftee claims called “Swiftboat Vets for Truth v Truth”.

Sigh.....typical leftist lack of originality.

This reminds me of the far-left website started in response to www.campus-watch.org (a site exposing anti-American bias in Middle East studies in universities). The site was known as "campus-watch-watch.org."

It lasted but a few months. Razz

FDL
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! But, I wanted to alert everyone to it.....because the lefties use it to try to debunk the Swiftees on other forums. If you have read the book (I read it in two evenings....couldn't put it down).... these lefty articles seem rather silly. However, one thing the left has expertise at is twisting something around in and out of crevices, inside out, etc to give the illusion of something else. The right just lays the facts out....the left does a twisty, spin type of thing that is enough to make anyone dizzy.

So, beware!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: