SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current Book Sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Current Book Sales Reply with quote

Just curious how current sales are going.

I bought a copy yesterday at Barnes & Noble and there were 3 copies on the shelf. After my sale there were two left.

Sure wouldn't be surprised if some stores were keeping copies in the back room, hoping for the frenzy to stop.

Every time you are in a book store and don't see any copies, ask where they are.
EricaC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to special order mine from Borders. They said they couldnt keep it on the shelf here. The day my copy came in, I got there at about noon, and they only had two copies left---I bought both of them. One for me and one for my Mom.

The lady that worked there said it was amazing, because where I live here in Washington--it is quite liberal...I told her not anymore *lol*

You will never be forgotten...

Last edited by EricaC on Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local Barnes & Noble here started getting the book last week. They said that instead of their regular order, they were only gets in a few copies a day, and that all of them were going to fill orders from the waiting list. They don't have enough to display...or at least didn't on Friday.

I talked to a couple of employees and I asked them if this has ever happened with a book before. They said that it had never happened, at least since this store has been open.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Arizona High Country Reply with quote

Hi,
I posted a couple of rants about not being able to get the book for 3 weeks. Finally Hastings Superstore in Prescott got a few copies and called me. When I picked it up there were about 4 copies right out front at the main display where you walk in the door. I spotted them right away.

B/N here in Prescott has had my name on the list for 2 weeks and never has called me. I really got into it with the manager. They don't have a clue and don't care. Pass it off as corporate problem. I left my name on the list there just to see how long it takes for them to call me (if they ever do). The date is now 9/5/04, I have had my name on their list since about 8/20, so we shall see. I will post the date they call me if they ever do.

B/N is on my **** list. Borders is still my favorite but they don't have a store here in Prescott.

The funny thing is that Hasting (still being a #1 seller) sold me the book without any prodding on my part for $16.77, quite a savings.

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even try at Barnes & Noble in Prescott. Forced the issue with Amazon with two strong e-mails and received it 10 days ago or so.

Go, Prescott.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: