SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ex-POWs to launch anti-Kerry Web site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Ex-POWs to launch anti-Kerry Web site Reply with quote

Ex-POWs to launch anti-Kerry Web site

By Richard Tomkins
UPI White House Correspondent
Washiongton Times

Washington, DC, Aug. 24 (UPI) -- Sen. John Kerry's anti-war activism following his service in Vietnam is coming under attack by former U.S. prisoners of war and their families, who are launching a Web site and documentary that will likely further fuel election campaign rancor, sources told UPI Tuesday.

The Web site, "Stolenhonor.com." could be online as early as Thursday night or Friday and will feature comments and statements about Kerry, the Democratic Party's nominee for president, by former inmates of North Vietnam's infamous "Hanoi Hilton" prison complex, Ken Cordier said.

Among those appearing are Medal of Honor recipients Col. Leo Thorsness and Col. Bud Day, people Cordier called the "stars" of the Hanoi Hilton.

"This is going to be the POW story," he said. "They are going to be telling about the documentary ... and will tell the story about how John Kerry betrayed the POWs, his fellow Vietnam veterans and the country."

Kerry, following four months service in Vietnam commanding river patrol boats in the Mekong Delta, became a prominent anti-war activist and participated in the so-called Winter Soldier investigation, in which men claiming to have seen service in Vietnam told tales of participating regularly in atrocities. Kerry repeated the unsubstantiated claims in testimony in 1971 before a Senate committee as a member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, which was staging demonstrations in Washington.

"They told stories that at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country," Kerry said.

In a later television interview, Kerry said: "There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used .50 caliber machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down."

Cordier, who spent more than six years in the Hanoi Hilton, said the anti-war activities by Kerry and others were used for communist propaganda and to harm prisoner morale.

Jim Warner, another former POW, told UPI earlier that his interrogator showed him a transcript of Kerry's testimony and clippings from a left-wing U.S. newspaper and said Warner had committed atrocities and would never go home.

Cordier is currently a focus of attack by the Kerry campaign. He was a co-chairman on a Bush-Cheney veterans' steering committee but was dumped by the Republican campaign when it was learned he had appeared in a television advertisement attacking Kerry's war record by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a 527 advocacy group made up of former colleagues of Kerry in Vietnam. Other veterans, including a man who credits Kerry with saving his life, who served with Kerry have supported the senator's version of events in Vietnam.

Cordier denies any wrongdoing and said the Bush campaign in no way coordinated with the Swift boat veterans, which Kerry alleges are Republican hit men.

Sources said snippets of the documentary in final production will appear on the Web site around Labor Day and it was hoped it would also appear on television or other venues.

It is "material like 'Fahrenheit 9/11' but it won't be a pack of lies," Cordier added.

'Fahrenheit 9/11' is a virulent anti-Bush documentary by Michael Moore that won the highest honor at this year's Cannes Film Festival and packed movie theaters earlier this summer.

Information on the funding for the Web site and the documentary was not immediately available but finances were coming "from a Pennsylvania group," Cordier said.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can only help the Swiftvets as this story will keep the Swiftvets in
the news for some time!

I think the more information about the kerry lies is good, after all, there
will be two groups working to let the world know how he lied. They will
have different information which helps as well. Their perspective will
be quite different, but also relevent.

I wonder how Kerry will try to stop this? Will he phone and ask them to
please not do this? Will he try legally? Will he call on Daddy Bush to
stop it? Will he scream they are all liars as well? Will he have a brown
book on them, or pretend he does? He can't win because if he starts
attacking the vets in a real nasty way, he loses the respect of many
people.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: www.stolenhonor.com Reply with quote

I see it is up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent news. Is Kerry going to call our POWs slime and liars, too? I'm pretty sure the public is not going to put ip with that. I wonder what side McCain will come down on in that fight? We'll end up with him in our camp, just be a little patient, he won't go against the guys he spent time with in that hell-hole. It's just too bad those guys have to go through all of this again, they paid already, bigtime. Sad
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Will Kerry call the POW's liars?---Hell yes he will. Reply with quote

And yes the hard core 40 % Dems will follow him anywhere. We are after that middle 10%!!!!!!!! McCain will keep his mouth shut this time.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Will Kerry call the POW's liars?---Hell yes he will. Reply with quote

EODARMY wrote:
And yes the hard core 40 % Dems will follow him anywhere. We are after that middle 10%!!!!!!!! McCain will keep his mouth shut this time.

Just the sample clips are damning.

History will not be hidden.

-- FDL
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these gentlemen have any money and any organization at all they could have even more impact than we do. More power to them!

Sink Kerry Swiftly! Anyone come up with that before? I hope not. Original though is so rewarding! Laughing Laughing
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new chapter of Vietnam Vets demanding retribution from Kerry will be impossible for the Kerry campaign to sweep under the rug. Any bets as to how long it will take Kerry or Cleland to start screaming foul, Bush in connection with them?

This is getting better each and every day. I love watching Kerry implode. And, poor, Edwards -- he's got to be going to sleep every night saying to himself, "Why the heck did I accept that nomination?"

BTW – The POW website looks outstanding. They have a poll on the main page that everyone should vote on.
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Will Kerry call the POW's liars?---Hell yes he will. Reply with quote

EODARMY wrote:

I doubt it is as high as 40%
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHH! Someone that finally recognizes that McCain shot off his mouth prematurely. Silence Since... and probably silence forever after reading "Unfit".. We all know McCain can't keep his shut and is a camera hog.
Marcus Vinicius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link:

http://stolenhonor.com/documentary/samples.asp
Marcus Vinicius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Powerful quote from Unfit for Command Reply with quote

"Words once spoken cannot be taken back. Kerry's false words, so conducive to a quick bubble of popularity in 1971, caused untold grief, beginning first with the POWs languishing in North Vietnamese jails and then in camps from Laos to Cambodia to the Cau Mau peninsula of South Vietnam. Many of these POWs never made it home. John Kerry's words, his book 'The New Soldier', and his organization, the VVAW, likewise gave birth to the now thirty-year-old caricature of U.S. soldiers as drug-sated criminals. No foreign enemy ever dealt so direct and devastating a blow to the morale of America's armed forces and its veterans than John Kerry did. He struck directly - and falsely - at the honor of their service, the glue binding all units together." (UNFIT FOR COMMAND, John E. O'Neill and Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D., Regnery Publishing, Inc., Washington, DC, 2004, p. 118)

I did not fight in Vietnam, but went to college and was one of the few (if not the only one) Conservative history majors. Many of my high school friends died in Vietnam and many of my college friends were on the GI Bill, returning from Vietnam. Once Kerry came out with his testimony, all my military friends could do was worry about their buddies still fighting, and wondered who this 'Kerry' person was! Well, we certainly know who he is, now!

I am doing my level best to inform all my college students (I teach Western Civilization) why this is such an important issue - the generation that has political power in the U.S. is my generation - the Vietnam generation. The soldiers (my personal friends) were treated in an apalling manner when they returned to the states, primarily because of the Kerry testimony! I won't let the Veterans down - my students all know where I stand!

Keep up all your good work, Vietnam Vets! Oh, just so you know, another reason I did not fight in the war - I am not a draft dodger, but a woman.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: McCain Reply with quote

I think McCain has already been quite silent. It's interesting to see so many "pundits" and politicians to include McCain who had no idea how powerful this issue would be. Even Fox over the course of the past three months were saying this issue would blow over. McCain will keep his mouth shut now because he now understands he has lost many of those who were his base FOREVER!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: