SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reporting In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoghead88
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

Here's the background: I served in the US Army from 1987-1993. I enlisted in '87 (my drill dubbed our unit the Hogheads in '88, and the name has stuck), served 4 years as an ROTC MadDog cadet and enlisted Reservist in the 3/84th Division, in Milwaukee, WI. I graduated with my commision, was stationed at Fort Ben Harrison for OBC (my commanding officer from Echo Co. was killed in the Pentagon on 9/11), and Fort Benning for Airborne school. I served my last two+ years on active duty in Karlsruhe, Germany with 7th Signal Brigade HQ. (Even though I've been out since the end of '93, 9/11 made me wish I was still in uniform! My local recruiter's office declined my services, but I made sure they knew how to get ahold of me...just in case.)

I'm honored to have served for 6 years, and honor all those who have ever served - honorably. I don't believe John Kerry served honorably; rather, I believe wholeheartedly that he is a traitor. How MA ever elected him a senator and how his presidential campaign has ever gotten this far is beyond me. He's a bottom-feeder in the company of Jane Fonda, John Walker Lindh, and Michael Moore. He's a treasonous fraud, and I vocally support any and all efforts to defeat his bid for election.

I always have and always will honor our Vietnam vets, for serving honorably in spite of the despicable oppostion here at home. Thank you for the heritage you left for those of us who came later.

My gratitude to all of you Swift Vets who have stood firm in the face of public character assassination. We ARE behind you.

Never...never...never...give up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: