SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP calls O'Neill liar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: AP calls O'Neill liar Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040825/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_critic_swift_boats_1

This may come in handy if you have any issues with the article: info@ap.org
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody seems to have that tape to listen too....kinda odd IMHO---references without being able to hear it...does not really cut it
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It cuts it for the pro kerry people.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can expect any and all spins to make the Swift vets look bad. Most will be misleading headlines, since they realize most people don't read the entire article.

As stated in the article, it's a snippet and they fail to include the very next sentence where O'Neill corrected his statement to Nixon, as he explained last night on hannity & Colmes, when he was assaulted with this latest rendition of grasping at thin straws.

Imagine what the leftstream media would find if they "investigated" Kerry as deeply as they will anyone else.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the magic touch of the MSM!!

Quote:
The Democrat and his allies have vigorously attacked such claims as a smear, laboring to undermine the charges as well as cast doubt on the men who are making them.

This is probably the most useful statement of the article, indicating that Kerry is not interested in countering the charges of the SBVT with facts, but rather, doing his best to "cast doubt on the men who are making them." Nary a mention of the fact that Kerry is witholding key documents that could settle the controversy once and for all. I guess that would look too much like he was pleading the Fifth Amendment!

Quote:
For his part, Kerry accused the swift boat group of being a "front group" that was doing Bush's dirty work.

Doing his best to follow the guidance of Josef Goebbels, who said "repeat a lie often enough, and people believe it to be true."

Doesn't it remind you of the story where, to put your opponent on the defensive, you say something like:

"Senator, when did you stop beating your wife?"

Answer A: "I'm not going to dignify that question with an answer."
Answer B: "July 7, 1989, when I sobered up."

Headline A: "CANDIDATE VEHEMENTLY DENIES BEATING WIFE!"
Headline B: "CANDIDATE DRUNKEN WIFE BEATER"

Kerry is trying to pull the same garbage with Bush. Instead of answering the SBVT's charges, he misdirects and gets the bonus of repeating the charge of linkage between Bush and the SBVT over and over, even though he knows it is Barbra Streisand.

I am just torn between calling it political cowardice or political cleverness.

Either way, Kerry is running away from the battle. Again.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill also told Nixon he was a democrat and that he vote for Humprey.O'Neill just meant he was on the border of Cambodia. He didn't make a wild claim that broke the laws of space and time like Kerry did.

O"Neil was not asking the government not to fund the Contras because he was in Cambodia .Kerry did. Kerry's story was used to stop governemt funding of an ally.An ally that was in a life or death fight against a communist dictator.

Last edited by kmudd on Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a transcript of that Interview with Hannity anywhere??
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To a degree, the MSM forced Jerome Corsi into the background, and they have tried to do the same here with John O'Neil.

John is a talented trial attorney. He will handle and acquit himself well. He simply needs to keep out front, doing what he does best--tearing Kerry a new one day in and day out.

John O'Neil will not be run off, let alone by a tact that even defies logic (to wit, even if O'Neil had lied, that wouldn't have proved Kerry told the truth; O'Neil didn't lie, of course, and Kerry admitted he did).

I hope those PIs are charging the Kerry Gestapo big bucks.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is that portion of the transcript.
HANNITY: All right. 64 guys, according to Kerry and his shills out there, are all liars, the ones that you put in your book. Guys that you quote, the decorated heroes, they just dismiss. Just all of them are liars and only John Kerry's version matters. That's the world we live in today.

What's amazing about this is they went back and they're pitching this now to every news organization in the country. They found a quote of you from 1971 on the "ABC This Week" program where you said you weren't exactly in Cambodia.

But in a tape with Richard Nixon (search), "I was in Cambodia."

Now, first of all, did he ever resolve his Cambodia issue? Because I don't think he has. And do you want to even respond to this attack against you so they can distract from him never answering a question about the discrepancies in his life?

O'NEILL: Yes, sir. I served for three months on the Cambodian boarder on a creek called Bernique's Creek (search). I haven't seen the quote. But I believe what I would have told anyone that asked me is that I served on the Cambodian border. I might have said I was in Cambodia and I was on the Cambodian border. That's where this creek was.

HANNITY: Yes. What you said to Richard Nixon was, "I worked along the border; I was in Cambodia."

And what you said in this interview, "Our patrol was about 50 miles from Cambodia."

Consistent statements.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill is a graduate of the military academy at Annapolis. He got his law degree in Texas, and graduated FIRST in his class. He is NOT going to be sidelined by some dizzy ***** at the AP. Watch O'Neill, he's composed, methodical, and tenacious. I would not want him after me. Very Happy
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also clerked for Renquist on the Supreme Court before going into private practice. He's an independent that voted for Gore in 2000.

Anyone that doesn't understand that this is not about partisan politics needs to do little more reading.
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no place to get an online version of the whole tape? Be a hoot to play more then the MSM selected snippet for my leftist friends.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xub wrote:
Is there no place to get an online version of the whole tape? Be a hoot to play more then the MSM selected snippet for my leftist friends.

As I've said, the name "Fogosphere" is quite appropriate for the MSM.

-- FDL
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
I would not want him after me. Very Happy

Yup. Essentially, Kerry disturbed a hornet's nest with his lies. He is running like mad, jumped into the MSM pond, and put his head under water. He has to come up for air sometime. The hornets are waiting. Shocked Laughing Wink

Zell Miller
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full transcript is on Hannity & Colmes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: