SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOX/ FRIENDS -KERRY COULD BECOME THE VICTIM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: FOX/ FRIENDS -KERRY COULD BECOME THE VICTIM Reply with quote

just watching the eary AM show and Glory the psychiatrist, etc for the show, says that while the SBV have hurt kerry, if it continues too much longer, he could look like a victim instead of the jerk he is*my words hers).
what do u think?
do u think he will protest so much that no one will feel sory for him, or will he go on 60 minutes and come out with a tear in his eys, and then if the vets continue, they will look like the bad guys?

weds
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: FOX/ FRIENDS -KERRY COULD BECOME THE VICTIM Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
just watching the eary AM show and Glory the psychiatrist, etc for the show, says that while the SBV have hurt kerry, if it continues too much longer, he could look like a victim instead of the jerk he is*my words hers).
what do u think?
do u think he will protest so much that no one will feel sory for him, or will he go on 60 minutes and come out with a tear in his eys, and then if the vets continue, they will look like the bad guys?

weds

No. Because Kerry is the one keeping the ads in the spotlight. Kerry has now admitted to lying about Cambodia and his first purple heart.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would vote for a "victim" for POTUS? Especially someone who became a "victim" through their own actions.

Oh yes there is the ABB crowd who would vote for a smoking pile of s**t or slash their own wrists before pulling a lever for President Bush.

Given someone who appears so weak when legitimate questions are raised his past actions, I think all but the rabid, blind haters who don't care whether Kerry is fit to be CIC would support a weak "victim" for POTUS. Or a yellow-dog democrat who just doesn't realize their candidate may be that smoking pile.

One must remember that most of the crowd that supports Kerry does not respect, honor, or appreciate the military in the first place. Whether someone is fit to be the CIC is irrelevant to them. Most of these lefties would like to see the military eliminated entirely and the military budget go to protecting the environment or "curing" AIDS. (I know I have the terrible misfortune to spend 10 hours a day surrounded by these brainless wonders).
Laffy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same people that were spitting on vets in 1971 now call service the area we shouldn't question.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God! Hurley just said there were 19 medals on 3 boats on 28 Feb 69. 19 medals for 3 or 4 KIA, no injuries, and no boat damage. I really want to see Kerry's after action report.

MEDALGATE!
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is too unlikable and disconnected from real regular people in society to be any kind of a victim. Plus the fact that he's had this heat coming for over 30 years. He's deserving every shred of hassle the vets are giving him. POWs were tortured with his specific words being read to them while they were beaten! NOTHING that the SBVT could possibly do to him could be considered worse than the crime that he perpetuated on our service men back then! NOTHING! Evil or Very Mad In my personal opinion, nothing short of death is an adequate pennance for the crimes he committed against the United States military. But then I'm just a hard hearted conservative from a military family, so what do I know. I just know that when he goes off a bridge in a drunken stuper, which seems to happen to rich spoiled rotten Senators from Massachusetts, I will be going out for a celebratory drink to commemorate his demise.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "victim" of self-inflicted wounds won't generate much sympathy, particularly if the mainstream media gets hold of the report where Kerry wrote and implied he exaggerated many of his spot reports (no surprise there) and if it is annotated enough so even these anti-military, clueless weenies can understand it. If they do report it, perhaps it can be slowly explained to them why this shows the necessity of Kerry signing a Form 180.

I mean, with the exception of the MSNBC/NBC/CNBC John Kerry for President effort, most of the mainstream media yesterday couldn't even work up sympathy for Max Cleland, another victim of a self-inflicted wound and the most natural Kerry ally imaginable.

Last edited by jack white on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberals, are by nature, co-dependent. They champion the cause of any "underdog" even if the dog is a traitor like Kerry. When Kerry's surrogates continue to promote the idea that Kerry is the victim of a vicious attack by a more powerful bully (Pres. Bush) the weak-minded get tears of sympathy in their eyes. They are not capable of cutting through the whirlwind of spin to get at the facts. They just "feel" their way to the voting booth. The operative word for democrats and liberals is "feel" not "think." Listen carefully and you will hear the spin and it will always be about feelings not facts. When they themselves feel impotent (many people do) they tend to elect leaders who "feel their pain." They are taught from infancy never to exercise their personal will and to slip neatly into the role of "victim." It is the liberal way to take away the power of the people by convincing them that they are powerless and need to be protected by big strong kind people like Bill Clinton or John Kerry. It's just a psychological sham. Half of my siblings are horribly co-dependent. They are liberals. The other half are successful, self-protecting and self-thinking. Oh well.

YES> Kerry may very well convince many people that he is the victim. Max Cleland (a fellow victim) is not a hero. He doesn't want to be a hero. It profits him to be a perpetual "victim.' If he can no longer be perceived as a victim he loses his right to rant and rave about any misfortune he perceives. He depends on the public being too sentimental to be fair or even half-way intelligent. His stock-in- trade is pity. Poor me. Woe is me. Poor little me. Get it?
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<Poor me. Woe is me. Poor little me. Get it?
>>

People like that will vote for Kerry anyhow.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this victim thing would be more likely if the story were to end here and just repeated over and over again.

The problem for Kerry is this: the story is just beginning.

Next week the conventions starts and I believe the GOP will begin hammering Kerry, not on Vietnam, but his voting record in the senate. (Kerry will respond with "stick to the issues!" much like Cleland did when his record was challenged)

After the convention, the continuing story of the Swift Boats will continue and I believe the story will mainly stick with what happened AFTER the war.

This is a horrible crossfire for Kerry to be in.

I think the Kerry strategy is a VERY risky one. Their strategy is clearly now to not get rid of the swift boat story but to keep it in the news and portray Kerry as the victim of an awful smear campaign. They want the issue to be the the ads themselves, NOT the content of the ads.

What is interesting here is that if the Kerry campaign felt like the charges weren't credible they would NEVER choose such a risky strategy. Nor would they do this if they felt like that the press was not on their side. They believe, and I think rightly, that the MSM will help them wherever they can and are committed to seeing him win the White House. One only has to see so many of the pundits have "dismissed" the charges without having to explain to you how such a dismissal was achieved.

They are still counting on the idea that people WANT to get rid of Bush. This is why they're satisfied with such a weak intellectual defense of Kerry's activities. Their goal is not to prove his innocence (they have figured out that is not going to happen given the facts), they just want to give those sitting on the fence plausible doubt to the charges. They want to give those who want to vote for Kerry just enough to rationalize that vote. Given the facts, they know (they will never admit it of course) that this is the best they can hope for.

Compare this risky strategy with the strategy they've employed through much of the year. That strategy was about not making a mistake. It was very conservative strategy to position Kerry as simply a plausible alternative choice to Bush. "Vote for Kerry, because you don't want to vote for Bush."

I believe such a drastic change in strategy shows that the Kerry campaign absolutely believes this story has legs, the charges are credible and damaging, and that Kerry is now officially the underdog.

In sports, as a team nears the end of the game with the lead, they talk about whether that team has that "killer instinct". We will see in the next few weeks whether Kerry's opponents have that atrribute.

I believe they do. And I would like to see it emerge.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't worry, Kerry has no chance of letting this go away. He is running on his 4-6 months in Vietnam, not his 20+ years in the Senate. As bad as all his military lies are his Senate record is even worse. His history of contridicting himself is finally catching up with him. Every voice against him doesn't draw him sympathy, keep up the good work...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: