SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medalgate- 28 Feb 69 written by John Kerry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Medalgate- 28 Feb 69 written by John Kerry. Reply with quote

Good God! Hurley just said on Fox and Friends there were 19 medals on 3 boats on 28 Feb 69. 19 medals for 3 or 4 KIA, no injuries, and no boat damage.

I really want to see Kerry's after action report. He even held up a picture of all 19.

MEDALGATE!

And Kerry Testified in 1971 to writing the CAARs

HOW is THIS overlooked by mainstream media? Has anyone heard this reported?

http://www.townhall.com/news/politics/200408/NAT20040826a.shtml

Kerry Admitted Writing Combat Reports in 1971
(CNSNews.com) - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's 1971 testimony to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee reveals that the then anti-war activist admitted to writing many of the battle reports during his four months of combat in Vietnam.

Kerry told the committee on April 22, 1971, "...I can recall often sending in the spot reports which we made after each mission..."

Kerry also said that many in the military had "a tendency to report what they want to report and see what they want to see."

Kerry's comments about the battle reports came in response to a question from then Senator Stuart Symington (D- Mo.), who wondered about the accuracy of information from military sources.

According to the testimony , which is available in the Congressional Record, Sen. Symington asked Kerry, "Mr. Kerry, from your experience in Vietnam do you think it is possible for the President or Congress to get accurate and undistorted information through official military channels.[?]"

Kerry responded, "I had direct experience with that. Senator, I had direct experience with that and I can recall often sending in the spot reports which we made after each mission; and including the GDA, gunfire damage assessments, in which we would say, maybe 15 sampans sunk or whatever it was. And I often read about my own missions in the Stars and Stripes and the very mission we had been on had been doubled in figures and tripled in figures."

Kerry later added, "I also think men in the military, sir, as do men in many other things, have a tendency to report what they want to report and see what they want to see."

The 34-year-old testimony could shed light on the present debate over who wrote key battlefield reports that critics of Kerry say allowed him to win awards.

B. G. Burkett, author of the book Stolen Valor and a military researcher, calls the 1971 testimony "significant."

"What is significant about this is [Kerry] is readily admitting that he often submitted reports and he is implying that he himself exaggerated in those reports," Burkett told CNSNews.com.

"We have no way of knowing specifically which documents Kerry composed; and of the the ones he did compose -- did he in fact exaggerate or outright lie in those reports? That is the issue here," Burkett said.

\tx0

The controversy about who authored the now controversial after-action reports arose earlier this week, when the Washington Post obtained the military records of Larry Thurlow, one of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Thurlow's military records indicated that enemy fire erupted after Kerry's boat was hit by a mine explosion on March 13, 1969.

Thurlow now insists there was no enemy fire that day. The best selling new book by John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi, Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry, details the groups' critique of Kerry. Kerry has denounced the book and the Swift Boat vets and accused them of being an affiliate of President Bush's re-election campaign.

Thurlow and Kerry were each awarded a Bronze Star for heroism on that 13th day of March. Kerry also received his third Purple Heart as a result of the events of that day.

At the center of the controversy is whether or not there was enemy fire during Kerry's rescue of James Rassmann from the Bay Hap River. Kerry and Rassmann and others say there was enemy fire, while Thurlow and other swift boat veterans insist there was not.

Thurlow's own Bronze Star citation states that there was "enemy small arms and automatic weapons fire" directed at "all units." But Thurlow believes his citation was based on Kerry's own account of the day.

"I am convinced that the language used in my citation ... was language taken directly from John Kerry's report," Thurlow said earlier this week. "John Kerry was the only officer who filed a report describing his version of the incident," Thurlow added.

The Washington Post summed up the controversy this way: "Much of the debate over who is telling the truth boils down to whether the two-page after-action report and other Navy records are accurate or whether they have been embellished by Kerry or someone else."

Burkett believes that Kerry started the controversy surrounding his war record.

"Kerry thought that he could make a grand presentation of his combat record, and there would be no response, obviously, from the Republicans, considering the lack of military experience on that side of the aisle," Burkett said.

"I think [Kerry] completely misjudged the anger of Vietnam Veterans collectively and their ability to organize and have an answer to John Kerry," he added.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have e mailed a link to that article to Hannity and next to Brit
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent it to Matt Drudge. Laughing
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I also think men in the military, sir, as do men in many other things, have a tendency to report what they want to report and see what they want to see."

It just keeps coming back to the records Kerry will not authorize to release. We have to pound him on that. He sits smug and silent, while his flying monkeys do his directed dirty work of smearing the SBT, and the key to most of the issues lies in his hands.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is off to Brit Laughing
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"John Kerry's After Action Report"

28 FEB 1969 Bay Hap River
Three PCFs were traveling up the Bay Hap River with 70 South Vietnamese Militia investigating an area where the boats were ambushed the previous night. During the patrol, the boats came under heavy fore from the shore. Kerry, serving as the Officer in Tactical Command of the mission, ordered the units to turn toward the fire and beach. As the boats approached shore, more than 20 Viet Cong troops stood up and ran. They were quickly overrun when the Marines troops reached the shore. While the Militia searched the area, PCFs 23 and 94 left to investigate another site where an Army advisor reported gunshots. Returning from the site, a B-40 rocket exploded close to PCF94, blowing out one of the windows. Kerry again ordered the units to turn into the fire and charge the ambush site. PCF 94 landed in the center of ambush and a man jumped up holding a B-40 rocket launcher and started to run. The forward M-60 gunner on PCF94 wounded him in the leg as Kerry jumped off the boat and chased him inland behind a hooch and shot him. Marines swept the area, and received fire from snipers and small arms that was suppressed with the assistance of mortars and gunfire from the swiftboats. The landing parties found vast stores of rice, ammunition and clothing. The boats were fired on one additional time as they were heading back down the river. The site of the second ambush was believed to be a major Viet Cong supply point. Kerry received the Silver Star for this operation.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: have any of Kerry's minions denied he wrote spot reports? Given their lack of knowledge, I suspect we could find hilarious film where they did deny this. I know they have denied he recommended himself for medals, which (along with many other things) obviously can't be verified unless he signs the Form 180.

Last edited by jack white on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Sure hope that this comes out in the media. I think Kerry has awakened the sleeping "Giant"..I can't believe that a "War Hero" would send out so many others to fight his current battle..and where is he? MIA!! Maybe he'll be MIA for the election Wink
Greenvale
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They were quickly overrun when the Marines troops reached the shore.

What USMC unit was attached to the Swifts? I was aware of SF A-Teams, but not Marines....

Anyone know for sure?
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: