SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secret FBI Documents Reveal Kerry Accepted Laundered Money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Secret FBI Documents Reveal Kerry Accepted Laundered Money Reply with quote

Senator Also May Have Set Up Meetings Between Chinese Firms, U.S. Officials

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released recently declassified documents showing that Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry accepted laundered contributions for his 1996 re-election campaign from the Communist Chinese government and that, in exchange, he may have arranged meetings between Chinese aerospace executives and U.S. government officials.

Obtained from the FBI through Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests, the documents are related to the FBI’s “Chinagate” investigation into the Clinton campaign’s acceptance of contributions from Communist Chinese government sources. Among the documents released is an investigative outline dated March 27, 1998, that details the FBI’s “proposed areas of inquiry” into the actions of Democratic fund-raiser Johnny Chung, including questioning him about meetings Sen. Kerry set up with China Aerospace executives and about a fund-raising event for the senator in Los Angeles. The other document, dated Aug. 24, 1998, requests a polygraph of Chung, mentioning that he laundered contributions for the Clinton/Gore ’96 election campaign and for Sen. Kerry. The documents are heavily redacted, and Judicial Watch is appealing the FBI’s decision to keep secret portions of the documents.

Chung pled guilty in March 1998 to election law violations and, in a plea bargain, began cooperating with the FBI. Judicial Watch represents Chung in a lawsuit against Justice Department officials who, during the Clinton administration, leaked information about Chung’s cooperation with the department’s Campaign Finance Task Force. The unauthorized and illegal release from a sealed plea agreement of information, including the fact that he and his family were in protective custody in California, put the lives of Chung and his family in jeopardy.

“These disturbing FBI documents raise further questions about Sen. Kerry’s involvement in what looks like a quid pro quo (cash for meetings) with the Communist Chinese,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/3800.shtml
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that one. Judicial Watch makes alot of noise, but their batting average isn't so great.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be moving this to the geedunk shortly - thanks for the reminder, because it's one more piece of the puzzle and shouldn't be forgotten, but it's off-topic for this particular forum.

Thanks,
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid Kerry is the tip of the iceberg on that one.

But this might be way off topic as I don't people can speak on this issue with the same authority as Kerry's Vietnam history from his 1st PH to his "salute" at the DNC convention.

I still can't believe he said "I'm reporting for duty".

And they all cheered. The man is shameless.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:

LOL! Me, either! Don't you just cringe inside every time you think about that???

How out of touch with reality must you BE to know that half the veterans in this country were induced to near vomiting with that kind of stageplay???? Razz
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has exploited those brief months in Vietnam in everything he did so far. His whole life is nothing but a parasitic exploitation of others. Not surprised to read the Chinese connection. If you delved deep enough into kerry, I am sure you will find alot of dirty money floating around.

Last edited by bach04 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
tvaughan wrote:

LOL! Me, either! Don't you just cringe inside every time you think about that???

How out of touch with reality must you BE to know that half the veterans in this country were induced to near vomiting with that kind of stageplay???? Razz

I wasn't sure where to post this one. To me, it's a character issue for Kerry which indicates that if he's capable of doing business w/ the Chinese, he's capable of lying about his war record.
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if this ties in any way, but it is another part of the puzzle, see this link:

http://www.insightmag.com/news/2004/07/19/National/Chinese.Kerry.Out.John.Kerrys.Private.Trade.Trip.To.Beijing-697573.shtml

Their website: ........WHOA, IT IS GONE! It was www.us-china.com

Wonder why it now shows a 404 error, when last week Kerrys picture was proudly shown between the NORINCO bigwigs?
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a trip on the Wayback Machine...

Edit: woops! had wrong page on site linked-fixed now!

http://web.archive.org/web/20031210145034/http://www.us-china.com/updates_body.html

Last edited by Twidget on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go: http://www.stentorian.com/politics/kerry/#china Includes picture of Kerry meeting with the Chinese
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are all aware that JW is a 'Don Quixote' when it comes to lawsuits...

However, the documents are those of the FBI.

The source of the campaign contribution delivered to Kerry by Johnny Chung in 1996 was a woman named Liu Chaoying.

Do a google search on "Liu Chaoying" and Kerry, see what you find.

Talk about unreported treasonous activity!
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040204-084713-9232r.htm

"In 1996, Mr. Kerry pocketed an illegal contribution from the notorious Johnny Chung, who was beseeched by a Kerry fund-raiser to "host an event in L.A." Chung later did so at a Beverly Hills hotel. Chung's largesse (he donated $366,000 in soft money to the Democratic Party) was largely financed by a $300,000 infusion from Chinese military intelligence through Liu Chaoying. Miss Liu, who accompanied Chung to Mr. Kerry's Capitol Hill office, was a lieutenant colonel in the People's Liberation Army (PLA)"
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the FBI has such incriminating criminal evidence against Kerry from way back in 1996, then why wasn't anything done about it then?!

Probably the same thing will happen with Sandy Berger -- nothing will come of his criminal acts either.

I just don't get it -- why hasn't Bush's, Ashcroft done anything about any of these?
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRY REPORTING FOR DUTY: YOURANNG!
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bhist"]If the FBI has such incriminating criminal evidence against Kerry from way back in 1996, then why wasn't anything done about it then?!

Probably the same thing will happen with Sandy Berger -- nothing will come of his criminal acts either.

I just don't get it -- why hasn't Bush's, Ashcroft done anything about any of these?[/quote]

Not to beat a dead horse, but to answer your question, IMHO, in 1996 Klinton was Prez, Reno was Atty General, so that answers why nothing was done then.
Bush/Ashcroft hasn't done anything:
1. The MSM would twist it into "dirty politics as usual," or,
2. Wait for Kerry to receive an October Surprise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: