SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Greets!

I was a USMC grunt in 'Nam during 1969-70. Echo 2/3 and Fox 2/7 I enlisted for a 4 year hitch. I wanted to support my country, I still to this day believe I was.

My first op was security for Navy Seals in Quan Tri (Northern I Corpes) along the Qua Viet River, searching for weapons caches (if memory serves). Even though we got shot at by a river boat, one guy killed another wounded. (OOPS), I still appreciate the job the swiftboats were doing. Welcome Home Guys!

I can't remember if Jane Fonda was going to Hanoi during my tour or not BUT Kerry??????? I was astounded! When his testimony before the senate calling us baby killers etc. I was floored.

After reading all the info I could find on him, he should be charged with treason.

When I came home and got off the plane in San Bernardino CA (Andrews AFB?) while I was heading to the taxi stand off base I was spat upon, pushed and shoved and called a baby killer by anti war protesters, thank you Mr. Kerry!

I've been fighting the war in my head for 30+ years, I recently was given a 70% disability rating by the VA.

Thank you for bringing all this to light, it took alot of courage to do it. I may not be able to help financially, but you have my support.

Ralph Hilton
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZ, Ralph, and welcome aboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: