SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I salute your courage ---- again.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2 old 4 Iraq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: I salute your courage ---- again. Reply with quote

From a Vietnam veteran who served in the Gator Navy, I admire you for your courage to stand up for all of us to let the American people know the depth of betrayal we all felt when we came back from doing our job.

My wife's father received the Medal of Honor posthumously (Platoon Sergeant Elmelindo R. Smith 1st Platoon, Company C, 2d Battalion, 8th Infantry - KIA 16 February 1967). She was just 7 years old at the time. Her mother told her that Americans didn't look favorably on men who served in Viet Nam. They put his medals away. It was terribly difficult for a widow with two daughters. Their mother never remarried. Her older sister passed away several years ago and her mother passed away last year. When I met my wife eighteen years ago, we were talking one day and she just mentioned in passing that her dad had earned the Congressional Medal of Honor. I asked her if she knew the significance of his sacrifice. She said that all she knew was that she grew up without a father. We removed his medal from storage and put it on display in our home. She now looks on it with pride.

I will never forgive John Kerry for the dishonor he brought to her father's memory and to those of us who served honorably in the war. It was bad enough growing up without a father, but his actions robbed my wife of the pride she should have felt in her father's sacrifice in the war against Communism.

You were heroes in Vietnam, and, once a hero, always a hero (of course unless being a hero was fabricated in the first place). I know you will continue to fight because of the stuff you are made of. They will attack you unmercifully but you have a weapon of mass distruction in your arsenal. It is called "the truth". This is personal for all of us who felt we never had a voice. Nuke that sucker.

I have donated to your campaign and will continue to do so. You should get medals for your continued service.

Thanks

Jack Clark
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: CMOH Reply with quote

We all salute that medal, what it stands for, and the person who earned it. From the highest general officer to the lowliest new recruit.

HAND SALUTE!
kattie40
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you all who served in the vietman war. I admire you for your courage to stand up for all the American people. I was a teenager when the vietman war was going on. I watched in horror the news how they treated you all . I watched the liberal news tear you all apart ,my heart broke for you all. God Bless You All for fighting for our country . God bless you now for standing up for our courtry today. It was not easy coming out and telling your stories about Kenny . We can not have him for a president it makes me sich to think about it. I know it will help a little bit that you are talking about it today. Again God Bless YOU ALL! Kattie 40
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: