SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry 1971 Speech on CSPAN 8/26???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Kerry 1971 Speech on CSPAN 8/26??? Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm this?
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Kerry 1971 Senate testimony Reply with quote

http://www.washtimes.com/national/inpolitics.htm

The Washington Times says it will be on C-SPAN at 8 PM (I assume that's EDT in Washington), preceded by the second SBVT ad.

Apparently, C-SPAN decided to broadcast this because the Kerry camp complains that his remarks were taken "out of context". Well, we can now all see (and curse!) the context!

Spread the word, guys!
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help? Was it not the Dick Cavett (sp?) interview that Kerry said "I too" committed these crimes?
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,

It was the Dick Cavett show where he said that.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not obvious that everyone keeps saying that Kerry's 1971 testimony before the Congressional committee has been taken out of context? They are saying he was repeating what had been said to him by others in Detroit.

But with Dick Cavett he said " I too" committed the acts.

Do you see how good these Clinton hired guns are? Reporters should be rebutting back that Kerry claimed he did these things too. But since no one is doing that the focus is on the April 1971 testimony.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Kerry's still having trouble with the timeline! Reply with quote

FOX News pointed this one out:

John Kerry remarked in a January 20, 2003 speech that he was in Vietnam on April 4th, 1968 when he heard that
Dr. Martin Luther King was assasinated in Memphis, TN.

But Kerry didn't report for duty in 'Nam until November of '68...right?

Quote:
"I remember well April, 1968 - I was serving in Vietnam—a place of violence -- when the news reports brought home to me and my crewmates the violence back home - and the tragic news that one of the bullets flying that terrible spring took the life of that unabashedly maladjusted citizen."

entire text:
http://www.seanrobins.com/kerry/kerry_2003_01_20_Speech.htm
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry / ML King story Reply with quote

Brit Hume picked up on that blooper in his Grapevine last night, and pointed out that Kerry did not go to Vietnam until November 1968.

Bit by bit, the word will get out that the "Boston Strangler" is really "Jack the Fibber".
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry confessing war crimes Reply with quote

on Meet the Press on April 18, 1971 he did say:
"There are all kinds of atrocities and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones, etc."
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they are showing this. In case no one saw in the other posts: http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200408\NAT20040826a.html

Apparently Kerry admits to sending in the spot reports and action reports during the testimony. Everyone get their VCRs ready! How can we shame the MSM into reporting on this?
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Confronting MSNBC and their Pro Kerry Bias Reply with quote

You have to bombard the media with contradictions whenever they post a pro Kerry article based on DNC spin and half truth. Journalists cannot stand it when you question their professional integrity with uncontradictory facts. They owe allegiance to their careers and paychecks much more than to the DNC and John Kerry. I have been sending contradictions to selected journalists and can see a marked change in their responses. We have to assault the media with overwhelming logical, contradictory responses to DNC spin.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry confessing war crimes Reply with quote

brotherofvietvet wrote:
on Meet the Press on April 18, 1971 he did say:
"There are all kinds of atrocities and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones, etc."
I wish a MSM type would ask for and get a proper definition out there of what a "Free Fire Zone" really is.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brotherofvietvet

Do you have a link for the Meet the Press story?

I am telling you. The DNC is running with the "he was only testifying as to what others told him" line. We need to pound the media and friends of SBVT with reminders of where Kerry was speaking in the first person.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Meet the press link Reply with quote

No, unfortunately I do not. I recieved the quote from Tom Curry of MSNBC who corrected an error of mine on an earlier email to him. Email him or search Meet the Press Archives. It is there.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Kerrys Testimony Reply with quote

John Kerry testified to atrocities without naming names and places, no signed testimony, no affidavits, effectively a wholesale smear on all Americans who served in Vietnam including my brother. Now he complains about "a smear" against him for what he actually did with the VVAW. A smear is only when you tell falsehoods or half truths about a person. This is not the case in the SVFT. The Kerry Edwards campaign cannot win a judgment because the SVFT are testifying to the truth about John Kerry.

I have heard that many people in the "Winter Soldier" hearings supported by Jane Fonda included people who were not in the military, hence imposters. Some suggest communist party members and KGB operatives.

The question is what kind of judgment does Kerry have to testify before Congress of accounts from questionable sources and motivations. Also why did the VVAW meet with representatives of North Vietnam? Talk about a 537 group working in conjunction with a political party? This is outrageous. What if it was George Bush who did this? The press would be all over it!

This is the complaint of the Swiftvets and it should be addressed. It is why they consider him not to be qualified to be Commander and Chief. This is a legitimate campaign issue. We need to know more about the judgment of John Kerry who wants to be commander and chief. Who were his associates at the Winter Soldier Hearings? It would be good for the American people to know more about this also.
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the quote from Cavett:

"However, I did take part in free fire zones and I did take part in harassment interdiction fire. I did take part in search-and-destroy missions in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground. And all of these, I find out later on, these acts are contrary to the Hague and Geneva Conventions and to the laws of warfare. So in that sense, anybody who took part in those, if you carry out the applications of the Nuremberg principles, is in fact guilty."

Courtesy of WinterSoldier

Wintersoldier HAS the tapes and the clips to nail Kerry to the wall:

http://www.wintersoldier.com/video/kerryMTP.wmv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: