SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese Kerry Out--Kerry Caught Again-New FBI Files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Chinese Kerry Out--Kerry Caught Again-New FBI Files Reply with quote

For Immediate Release
Aug 25, 2004 Contact: Press Office
http://www.judicialwatch.org/3800.shtml

Secret FBI Documents Reveal Kerry Accepted Laundered Contributions

Senator Also May Have Set Up Meetings Between Chinese Firms, U.S. Officials

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released recently declassified documents showing that Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry accepted laundered contributions for his 1996 re-election campaign from the Communist Chinese government and that, in exchange, he may have arranged meetings between Chinese aerospace executives and U.S. government officials.

Obtained from the FBI through Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests, the documents are related to the FBI’s “Chinagate” investigation into the Clinton campaign’s acceptance of contributions from Communist Chinese government sources. Among the documents released is an investigative outline dated March 27, 1998, that details the FBI’s “proposed areas of inquiry” into the actions of Democratic fund-raiser Johnny Chung, including questioning him about meetings Sen. Kerry set up with China Aerospace executives and about a fund-raising event for the senator in Los Angeles. The other document, dated Aug. 24, 1998, requests a polygraph of Chung, mentioning that he laundered contributions for the Clinton/Gore ’96 election campaign and for Sen. Kerry. The documents are heavily redacted, and Judicial Watch is appealing the FBI’s decision to keep secret portions of the documents.

Chung pled guilty in March 1998 to election law violations and, in a plea bargain, began cooperating with the FBI. Judicial Watch represents Chung in a lawsuit against Justice Department officials who, during the Clinton administration, leaked information about Chung’s cooperation with the department’s Campaign Finance Task Force. The unauthorized and illegal release from a sealed plea agreement of information, including the fact that he and his family were in protective custody in California, put the lives of Chung and his family in jeopardy.

“These disturbing FBI documents raise further questions about Sen. Kerry’s involvement in what looks like a quid pro quo (cash for meetings) with the Communist Chinese,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

To view the documents see the links below (Adobe Acrobat Reader Required):

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2004/chungkerry1.pdf

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2004/chungkerry2.pdf

SBD
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

I followed the PDF links and they were so redacted that they say essentially nothing.

Did I miss something?
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If <snippet> is wrong for the MSM and John Kerry, then it is just wrong.

The best strategy, in my opinion, is to present the facts in a compelling manner. Admitting what is known and what is unknowable will not leave a burning cinder inside one's soul.

With 250 of the 300 or so Swiftees so opposed to John Kerry, it is so preponderous to think that they just came together in the last few months of the campaign as a well funded organized front to anyone but themselves.

Do not provide ammunition for the John Kerry folks to undermine the credibility of your testimony becuase you took things out of context or provided some other "straw man or red herring" with which to distract or frame the discussion.

Just my 2 cents.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb wrote:
Interesting.

I followed the PDF links and they were so redacted that they say essentially nothing.

Did I miss something?

Maybe the part that says Chung pleaded guilty to laundering money to the Kerry Campaign. I posted this story because it does show Kerry's ties to Communists and I don't see how this is a Red Herring that would give support to the Kerry campaign.

SBD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: