SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuttal of Lambert?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobati
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Rebuttal of Lambert? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Great site you have here. Have used it extensively for information (read Ammo) to use in debates on another board.

I wanted to register after I saw the AP story today that says Lambert proves Thurlow is wrong about no fire because he was "too busy/distracted to notice"

Here is my conclusion on this. Please read, poke holes etc, and let me know what you think.

Thanks again for this great resource. You guys are providing a valuable service for this country.

Quote:
Guess what... Thurlow.. the OiC that says there was no fire on the Bay Hap river where Kerry got his Bronze star for saving Rassman who doesn't remember what boat he was on and got a PH without records MUST HAVE BEEN DISTRACTED and thats why he didn't notice the gunfire. At least thats what Kerry supporter Lambert says.

http://wire.jacksonville.com/pstories/politics/20040827/2400926.shtml

Quote:
"Thurlow was far too distracted with rescue efforts to even realize he was under fire. He was concentrating on trying to save lives."

Lets look at Kerrys official after action reports again, shall we?

At the same time the mines hit, the after action report states that:
Quote:

Boats received heavy A/W and S/A from both banks. Fire continued for about 5000 meters.

So lets see if I can remember my math. 5000 meters. A meter is a little more than a yard, so lets just say 5000 yards. The length of a football field is 100 yards. So, 5000/100=50. 50 football fields long. So, for the time that it took for their boats to pick up the soldiers, unbeach PCF 3, Tie on to PCF 94 (who by the way was so damaged it couldnt perform its duties the next day) and go the length of 50 football fields, there was HEAVY A/W and S/A fire coming from BOTH banks. And Thurlow didn't notice this?????????????

Supposedly this is proof that Thurlow is wrong. I don't see it. Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, in fact Lambert's version substantially supports the Swifts' version in several respects. There are a lot of threads in here and in the main forum, though you're probably going to have to dig down past the top page.

You can also use the search engine at the top of the page and search for "Lambert" and that will lead you to analysis of how his story meshes quite well with the Swifts' accounts in some regards.

Welcome aboard. Smile
Kobati
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
No, in fact Lambert's version substantially supports the Swifts' version in several respects. There are a lot of threads in here and in the main forum, though you're probably going to have to dig down past the top page.

You can also use the search engine at the top of the page and search for "Lambert" and that will lead you to analysis of how his story meshes quite well with the Swifts' accounts in some regards.

Welcome aboard. Smile

Thanks for the welcome. Good to be here.

I understand Lamberts view supports the Swifties version frequently. I just found it interesting that he made the claim that Thurlow could be "DISTRACTED" with all that hellfire going on around him for all that time for all that distance.

I don't recall ever hearing reports of medics or corpsman being so focused on their task that they didn't recognise shots fired around them.

Its possible I am off base here. No practical experience, just suspicion mixed with curiosity.

Thanks for all you folks do. Much respect to all here.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobati wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Welcome aboard. Smile

Thanks for the welcome. Good to be here.

I understand Lamberts view supports the Swifties version frequently. I just found it interesting that he made the claim that Thurlow could be "DISTRACTED" with all that hellfire going on around him for all that time for all that distance.

I don't recall ever hearing reports of medics or corpsman being so focused on their task that they didn't recognise shots fired around them.

Its possible I am off base here. No practical experience, just suspicion mixed with curiosity.

Thanks for all you folks do. Much respect to all here.

If you read the actual articles with Thurlow he says "think" or "thought" [there was fire] every time he mentions it.

He also indicates that Kerry was downriver at the time he says he thinks there was fire.

There was no fire for 5000 meters -- that is the document that proves Kerry a liar but you can have this argument indefinitely with true believes in the Kerry Camp.

They KEY points are these:

1) Kerry and campaign, specifically Sandusky has out Kerry on his lie that the other boats "fled" and only Kerry's went back for Rassmann -- Sandusky did this by explaining WHY Kerry's boat left downriver since he was driving.

2) Kerry moved a wound he self-inflicted through his own negligence EARLIER in the day. He also moved it from his BUTT to his ARM to coincide with Rassmann's mistake (or worse) in thinking Kerry's arm was wounded and bleeding (it was bruised at some point, probably but not wounded.)

If you want to SEE this for yourself you read the Spot Report for the wound, the Bronze Star citation, and Kerry's own journal entries from "Tour of Duty".

It will help to also read "Unfit for Command" to know what to look for but it can be shown without using that book once you know what to point out.

The relevant docs are on Kerry's site:

Spot report shows it is in his THIGH (aka BUTT):
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Spot_Kerry.pdf

The awards are linked here:
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: