SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry "Active Duty" days total????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Kerry "Active Duty" days total???? Reply with quote

Does anyone know exactly how many days Kerry spent on "Active Duty" and how many of those days were defined as "Combat Zone"?

I have the same question re: how many days President Bush spent on "Active Duty". The media harps on the brief time in Alabama and always seems to ignore his other years of service with the National Guard.... and the obvious fact that you cannot become a fighter pilot without intense and serious training.

My husband is career Army (15+ yrs), AGR attached to a Reserve Unit and they've recently recently returned from a 12-month deployment "over there" and that doesn't count the time they spent training-up or their regular training schedule. Every time Kerry or his fellows downplay the President's National Guard service...I want to scream....
jwbarden
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry spent 6 months, 1 day as an OCSA (E-2) inactive awaiting assignment to NAVOCS. He spent 3 months, 27 days active as OCUI2 (E-5) at NAVOCS. He spent 3 years, 18 days active commissioned service. His total sea duty time was 1 year, 7 months, of which I can only find about 11 months in USS GRIDLEY (DLG-21) and 4 months, 12 days in COSRON1 in RVN. Maybe Swiftboat school was considered sea duty, but I can't imagine why.
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. And thank you for your service.

That's actually more time than I expected Kerry to have accummulated...given his quick exit from the Swift Boats. I'm learning more than I ever really wanted to know about his military record. It would be interesting if ever releases his whole file....

I was in Jr High, with my brother doing a 14-month tour in Vietnam when I first "saw" Kerry's comments on a black and white TV (color does NOT improve the picture). I think I've been angry since then. For years, I gave him a pass because I thought those medals meant something and that since I wasn't a soldier who had served in Vietnam...that it really wasn't "my" right to judge him. Well, he's being "weighed in the balance now and has been found wanting" to paraphrase...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: