SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone track this down? Maybe another Kerry lie?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Can someone track this down? Maybe another Kerry lie? Reply with quote

I participate in quite a few messageboards and came across this on the Bill O'Reilly Premium Member Feedback Zone. BTW, BOR is getting crucified for his unfair-and-unbalanced approach to SBVT. I am so furious with him that I am considering dropping my premium membership. Anyway, has anyone else heard about this and/or could anyone track this down in more detail?

Reply: RE: With all due respect, BOR is so completely dillusional that were it not so sad it would be laughable!

Posted By: Murlene Date: Aug 27, 04 12:12 AM

I post on another board and one poster brought up an interesting subject about Kerry. Regarding the shrapnel...remember when he was vacationing (I believe in Idaho) a short time back and fell off his bike? He supposedly went to the hospital and had an MRI. This poster has a nurse friend who said that if he had shrapnel in his body, then an MRI would NOT have been done as it would have caused the shrapnel to move around his body. So.....does he really have shrapnel in his leg or did he not have an MRI as stated? It would appear that Kerry may have been caught in yet another lie either about the shrapnel or the MRI? This man has lied so much anything is possible. Back on topic: I agree fully that BOR has had something change him..I'm wondering if he's had his chain yanked by Murdoch? Seems like since the MM fiasco he has been different. I think it is just absolutely ludicrous that he's handling the SBV situation like he is. There is nothing fair and balanced about his approach to this.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had several MRIs and there is an extensive questionaire regarding any metal in your body or the possibility of there being any.
The Magnet would remove any metal inside your body in a very unpleasant manner.
This applied even to people who have worked with sheet meatal, I had and had to have a full body X-ray priot to my first MRI.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, if the "shrapnel" in Kerry's leg (butt?) consisted of rice, well...

Wink
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrapnel? The shrapnel in Kerry's thigh was rice. He tossed a grenade into a rice cache. Standing too close to his own grenade, the rice hit him with enough force to embed it in his upper thigh. I don't believe it was metal. Also, if it was metal it would have worked its way out of the skin by now unless it was deeply imbedded. If it had been deeply embedded he would have required more than a band-aid over the little bitty booboo. Rice would never show up on an MRI. Kerry was clearly looking for any and every little scratch to claim a medal knowing that three purple hearts would remove him from combat duty. Kerry didn't willingly enlist in the Navy. After 4 or 5 deferments he knew that he could get drafted into the regular Army. Only at that time when he could not get any more deferments did he enlist in the Navy. He went into the Navy as a part of a grander scheme to build a record similar to that of the original JFK so that at some time he could position himself to run for President. Cynical? You bet.
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have learned somethings reading these boards. The shrapnel does not have to be metal. Or it could be a non ferrous metal, aluminum I don't think would be effected by the NMR or it could just be so small it doesn't really make a difference.

I wouldn't pin much hope on this story to discredit Kerry. i believe his Doc has said Kerry does have the shrapnel.
brianbiang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry was riding with Secret Service agents through Concord, about 18 miles north of Boston, when his bike hit a patch of sand and he fell, campaign officials said.

"He's fine. They took the bike into the bike shop and he went home," said campaign spokesman Michael Meehan.

He never went to the hospital, and didn't get an MRI
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, The leg wound was supposedly caused by a CHICOM RPG. The casing of a RPG is aluminum. Shrapnel caused a RPG strike would include hull or deckhouse metal from the PCF which is also aluminum.

Last edited by ASPB on Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrapnels are generally contraindicated in MRIs. Some MRI sites stated it would depend on the size and location of the shrapnel, but usually, the shrapnels from ammunitions are the types that would be contraindicated.

Two possible scenarios could happen:

Kerry did not let the MRI people know about it, and the shrapnel is so small or consisting of non-ferrous material (i.e. rice ) that no harm was done.

Kerry told about the strapnel - and MRI folks risked lawsuits/malpractice and went ahead with the MRI.

Either of the two possibilites points to the same conclusion - something is not right with the story.

http://www.emedhome.com/features_archive-detail.cfm?FID=1400
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Track this down Reply with quote

My wife has a pin in her back and just had an MRI. She was asked about any metal but they said it did not matter and did the MRI.

RHV
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a severe eye injury, And they would not do an MRI because it was metal that hit my eye ,Even though it was a large piece and was not in my eye anymore they were worried about fragments that may be there, And to this day tell me not to get one because of that. I was told the magnetism would rip the metal out of me if there was any and they wont chance it.The Doc's would not even let me be in the room when my son had one for fear of this
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHV, maybe the pin was not magnetic, in other words not something that would be effected. I don't know much except I had to go through a lot of X-rays before they would slide me into the tube.
Sonmeone brought up a good point, I know Kerry fell off his bike here in Massachusetts. I do not recall him being injured beyond hurting his ego.
joyceb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember him saying a little while back on one of his shows that he had mixed feelings about the war himself, is it possible he fears having his own
past military status looked in to. Just a thought.
Wolfgang
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Ok, The leg wound was supposedly caused by a CHICOM RPG. The casing of a RPG is aluminum. Shrapnel caused a RPG strike would include hull or deckhouse metal from the PCF which is also aluminum.

Excellent points.

Though we all know why you put "supposedly" there. It'd be interesting to know what the rice bins were made of. Wood?
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone, especially bach04. I learned much about MRIs on the EMedHome site. A liar like Kerry is living a life of misery. He can't possibly keep track of all the tales he has spun. "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive". I'm surprised they didn't find Kerry in the same spiderhole as Hussein.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
RHV, maybe the pin was not magnetic, in other words not something that would be effected. I don't know much except I had to go through a lot of X-rays before they would slide me into the tube.
Sonmeone brought up a good point, I know Kerry fell off his bike here in Massachusetts. I do not recall him being injured beyond hurting his ego.

Probably the pin is titanium or Stainless Steel which is non-ferrous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: