SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dylin_young
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Changing course Reply with quote

I'll keep this succinct. I'm all aboard with the SwiftBoatVets...i agree %100 with the legitimacy of their greivances, and tactics. Keep up the good fight. What i am concerned is that SBV's and in the interest of the RNC (and us who do not want John Kerry as commander in chief because of his political nature in and out of Nam)...are both falling into a Democratic trap. What is it?? It probably has been discussed here already but what i see occuring is what the DNC wants to happen. A discussion of Kerry's Vietnam service, and not his Post-Vietnam disrespectful dissent, or his Senate record which we all know shows very little, and is far left. By staying on the topic of his Vietnam service, he effectively neutralizes any critical, and frankly relevant,(in the minds of undecided voters)debate about those issues that he is weakest on. Personally, i see the debate being mired down on all the Purple Heart he said/ she said stuff. Dont get me wrong...i think he lied...i think SBV have a legitimate case agains JK. And i want them to pursue whatever course they deem neccassary to find their own peace of mind. However, as a voter, and American, i don't want Kerry in office because in my mind he is either a war criminal or a purjurer. Or he failed his duties to report war crimes. On top of that, his very liberal politics are the wrong path in our fight on terrorism. So i am hoping the debate will now center on what John Kerry was after Vietnam...from his meetings with the North Vietnamese...to his Senate record and everything in between. Terry Mccauliff has been a genius to keep them out of the spotlight so far...its time to focus on this now.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylin, if you'll go to the home page and view the second ad that just came out, his after war record is the subject. Kerry's war record is but part of the focus. Even in Unfit for Comamnd, his post war activities is well discussed.

With Swift vets not beholding to either party, they are not subject to any of the strategies from the parties. They are free to state what they wish and respond as they wish.

I have no doubts that they have anticipated attacks and are not being sidetracked by Kerry's camp.
dylin_young
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i am familiar with the recent ads, and text of Unfit. My concern is that much of the debate going on in the forums i belong to, and papers i read, and debate shows, that the focus is stuck on medals, bullet holes, etc...

I am cognisant that SBV's has no political affiliation. I do want them to pursue their avenue whatever that they choose, good or bad for Democrat or Republican..its THEIR issue. However, would i be so incorrect to state that SBV's who find JK to be unfit, would be best served now, to aim at his post-war conduct, seeing as voter fatigue is taking root on all the Purple Heart issues ad naseum??? The Dems are taking quick course to muddle the issue with varying accounts, distortions, lies etc...they know that the longer it is clouded with disinformation it can only benefit John Kerry?? I am just putting it out there in the forum so that others can possibly jump on his post-Nam years and really put the heat on him, while SBV's do their thing as well.

Thanks and God bless all Vets.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dylin_young wrote:
However, would i be so incorrect to state that SBV's who find JK to be unfit, would be best served now, to aim at his post-war conduct, seeing as voter fatigue is taking root on all the Purple Heart issues ad naseum???

I think you would be. The fraud he perpetrated in relation to his first purple heart has barely seen the light of day. It's already been grudgingly acknowledged by MSM that his Cambodia claims are pure bunk yet they are already prepared to discount that reality if they can keep any furthur damage control about his awards fraud to a minimum.
dylin_young
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats an honest point of contention. I do believe the public has heard as much as they are willing to swallow now (unfortunately because the DNC is really complicating the issues with so many distortions), and that focusing on his Purple Hearts continually will create voter fatigue on the issue. IMO it would be better to nail JK on the meat of the matter, and from what i read, is the SBV's main contention with JK- his post Vietnam backstabbing. There JK is very exposed and public record is hard to dispute or twist.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dylin_young wrote:
Well thats an honest point of contention. I do believe the public has heard as much as they are willing to swallow now (unfortunately because the DNC is really complicating the issues with so many distortions), and that focusing on his Purple Hearts continually will create voter fatigue on the issue. IMO it would be better to nail JK on the meat of the matter, and from what i read, is the SBV's main contention with JK- his post Vietnam backstabbing. There JK is very exposed and public record is hard to dispute or twist.

I feel sure he will be nailed on the meat of the matter.
IMO,
First though, is to establish he is a pathological liar, via records and witnesses. A fraud.

Then establish motive..

Then expose him or using those same motives in ways detrimental to the commoon good of US citizens.

Also taking down the accomplices that foisted these lies, that is the foundation of the 'enemy within'...
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that there is plenty of work to do regarding Kerry on both fronts.....during his time in Vietnam and after (and before, for that matter!). I believe it should all be investigated and addressed because I think we will find it is all interconnected. He had a specific agenda and this all played a part of it.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is being nailed on ALL counts.

Just not on this site.

This site is not terribly concerned with his Senate record except as regards his chairmanship of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA affairs and his missing most of the meetings of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

This site is not concerned with his pro-choice votes, his anti-2nd amendment votes or his welfare votes.

These are ALL under attack on a huge variety of sites and in a huge number of newspaper articles, television segments, etc.

This site focuses on what Kerry did in Vietnam and what he did when he came home.

An avalanche is falling on the Kerry campaign - look outside this site to see it. Swifts are a large part of that avalanche - so far, most of the media is ignoring the other grassroots organizations that are building up, but when they start noticing them, they are going to realize that Kerry is being assailed on all sides.

Let the other sites do their thing. We are staying focused - on topic.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, this site has credability in disproving Kerry's history as a Swiftboat officer, and is doing that with devestating effect. Concentrate the Swiftboat vets on damaging his medals, conduct and false documentation from his Vietnam service, let the other sites go after the rest of his shady actions. It's a combined-arms strategy that's taking the guy down, don't change it now. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: