SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet scam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Internet scam Reply with quote

I guess I am being effective in my blogging in support of our Swift Boat vets. I have recently been getting the following email notice:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Posting Support" <posting.support@experiences1.info>
To: <xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 12:54 AM
Subject: A member is looking for opinions about: farrardm@bellsouth.net

> ******YOU HAVE BEEN POSTED ABOUT******
>
> Someone is trying to share Opinions and Experiences about you in our online community.
>
> The purpose of this email is to inform you that a submission has been made about you at our website. This is email is not commercial in nature.
>
> If this email message was delivered to your spam or bulk email folder please notify your ISP or spam filtering company regarding this mistake on their part.
>
> To view all of the submissions about you use this link:
>
> https://shareyourexperiences.com/home.php?nav=home&sid=7dfcc654b68e22665da8a3eabce330f78762*
>
> This website also includes a highly valuable Daily Searching System. This is a simple system in which you can set-up searches that this website will perform for you each and every day. After performing the searches that you have specified, our Daily Searching System will send your search results to you via email.
>
> IMPORTANT - If you prefer not to be notified by our website in the future when submissions are mode about you, just add your email address to our Do Not Email List.
>
> Our website will never send email to an address that appears on our Do Not Email List.
>
> To add to Do Not Email List click here:
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Support Department

Apparently, this is a web site where you go to find out about a blogger and if there were any other people who may have information the blogger.

I post this just as a warning that the Kerry people are out there looking at us all...

*...I changed the actual web address to the web's home URL becuse the actual web address in my email listed six inquiries using my personal email address.

ex animo
davidfarrar

Admin note: David, I have taken the liberty of amending your topic text
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David

Don't worry, and don't reply to these guys.

This is a well-documented internet scam which operates under many names. They send emails designed to raise your level of paranoia, then you have to pay fees to use their web site to find out what people are saying 'behind your back'.

If you reply to these emails or visit their web links, you will only get more spam from them.

JCJR
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: I am being investigaed Reply with quote

Thanks JC.

I just notice a typo in their email notice,"mode" interesting

ex animo
davidfarrar
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Scam Alert Reply with quote

Do *NOT* reply to this

This is a known scam

http://www.globalpark.com/shareyourexperiences_scam.htm
http://www.talkaboutspam.com/group/alt.spam/messages/94155.html
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: I am being invistigated Reply with quote

Thank..I won't respond.

ex animo
davidfarrar
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must be desperate to do stupid things like this. Let them. Freedom of Speech goes both ways, and the American Center for Law and Justice waters at the mouth for people like us who get hunted by liberals knowing the ACLU won't go after them. Smile Keep that in mind if anyone here is violated by any kerryites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: