SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I never counted medals and points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enlistedman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: I never counted medals and points Reply with quote

Just like the subject lines says, "I never counted medals and points when I was in the service". My job was to follow the orders of the officers and offices appointed above me.
I took that to mean "make sure the tax payer got their moneys worth to ensure we could continue to live in freedom."
I saw a lot of men like John Kerry while I was in the service, and a lot of times I had no ida how to stop them or set them back on a path of integrity and high moral values.
I salute each and every man trying to corect the error of the past. I am sure if those men knew then they would have to confront a situation like this today they would have never came John's defense 30 years ago. They would not have risked placing their lilves in jepordy by allowing a sleepwaler, or someone faking sleepwaling in a combat zone.
Keep up the efforts, I know it is going to take a long time to correct the errors of the past but stick to the truth and it will become eaiser sooner than you expect. This is a strange pentance to pay for what was mistaken for commraderiee in the past.
And I really miss being able to run 60 miles a week since I got hurt three years ago.
Keep up to date with your Vet benefits, it's a matter of our countries integrity.
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I never counted medals and points Reply with quote

[quote="Enlistedman"]Just like the subject lines says, "I never counted medals and points when I was in the service". My job was to follow the orders of the officers and offices appointed above me.
I took that to mean "make sure the tax payer got their moneys worth to ensure we could continue to live in freedom."
I saw a lot of men like John Kerry while I was in the service, and a lot of times I had no ida how to stop them or set them back on a path of integrity and high moral values.
I salute each and every man trying to corect the error of the past. I am sure if those men knew then they would have to confront a situation like this today they would have never came John's defense 30 years ago. They would not have risked placing their lilves in jepordy by allowing a sleepwaler, or someone faking sleepwaling in a combat zone.
Keep up the efforts, I know it is going to take a long time to correct the errors of the past but stick to the truth and it will become eaiser sooner than you expect. This is a strange pentance to pay for what was mistaken for commraderiee in the past.[/quote]

Thank you so much for your service - Im so sorry you are disabled and can not run any longer. Hearing your story only makes me madder about Kerry. HOW does a "man" live with himself when he did what he did and hears stories like yours. I really feel that he has no conscience and is a dispicable human being. Again, thank you so much for your service and Im so thankful that the swift vets have come out and finally - really - given some acknowledtement to the past Vietnam vets that is not only way over due but soo much deserved. This campaign by the swift vets for truth really helps people like you (disabled) physically or mentally from this horrible war to be able to have some where you can unload, talk and find comfort. God bless you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: