SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CURIOUS? What do the men under Rassman think of him?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: CURIOUS? What do the men under Rassman think of him? Reply with quote

I am just curious. Rassman was an officer, and yet I have not heard anything about the men that served under him. Were they there with him when he was in the water? WHAT ABOUT HIS CREW? Do they think that he is objective? Did they respect him? Would he cover for someone knowing that there is reasonable doubt?

I say this because apparently his story is full of holes and he is on the Kerry Campaign dole. He is also purely partisan: instead of just stating his case he always go beyond it by attacking George Bush.

Sadly, it seems that there are combat veterans who never thought their embellished stories would catch up with them. Rassman appears to be one of them. Retired from working as a police officer he has found something that keeps him actively employed, but better still he receives some of the glory he didn't get 35 years ago. He is mistaken.

Call'em like you see'em
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend letting the inconsistancies of Mr. Rassman's statements speak for themselves. Rassman is not, and should not be the focus of the issues at hand. He does serve a supporting role but should never be the focus.

For the purposes of fairness consider this. Rassman, in his own way acted bravely on the day that the #3 boat was mined. He left the dubious safety of the cabin and was working his way forward to the gunner when he was tossed overboard (I still think it was the maneuvering of the boat that caused that, not another mine or something in the water.) Clearly, in the heat of the moment, he still went to support another.

Stay the course and watch how the Kerry camp squirms. Their track record is easy to follow: Lie, Deny, Divert.

We're in the diversion stage now and the smoke screens are thinning.
gkdechow
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Lt Rassmann was an advisor to the Nung fighters so e probably wouldn;t have any Americans under him.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:

For the purposes of fairness consider this. Rassman, in his own way acted bravely on the day that the #3 boat was mined. He left the dubious safety of the cabin and was working his way forward to the gunner when he was tossed overboard (I still think it was the maneuvering of the boat that caused that, not another mine or something in the water.) Clearly, in the heat of the moment, he still went to support another.

You don't know that. He could just have been sitting there, eating cookies, with his gear sitting nearby. Next thing he knows, he's in the water. In one report, he has one gun in each hand. In another, the M60 up front basically just fell to pieces. The inconsistent accounts makes his a very unbelievable story.

What is certain is that he was actually there. That's known. It's known that he fell in the water. It's known that Kerry pulled him up into the boat. Whether there were Nung troops on the 94, is uncertain. Where Rassman was or what he was doing is uncertain. Whether he continuously dove or just splashed in panic is uncertain. His own reports don't match the now agreed chain of events, unless they are restricted to Kerry's boat, alone. And so on.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a A Team advisor to Nungs. But he was #2 that day frow what I've been able to determine. Haven't been able to find the name of his boss. You might try a search for 5th Special Forces websites or BBs.
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider what I wrote and think about the facts here.
Rassmann is only on the Kerry dole because of his "testimony". This is actual fact. He is no use to them except he can offer "an eyewitness" account of the events behind Kerry's Bronze Star.

Here me out. He may have served honorably etcetera, but it is KEY that without his constant chatter in support of Kerry he would not be involved in this campaign. He has drawn Focus to himself by going beyond what might be expected of him erego "just the facts" he has become a vocal opponent of George Bush "who definately should not be the FOCUS".

I suppose some people are swayed by his being a , "slave for life", to Mr. Kerry for "saving" him (I know, I know, he says there hasn't been any contact for x number of years), but I am not swayed by his loyalty. I am swayed by his words that he is not truthful. I am also convinced that by now he is well aware of the dirty politics that Kerry's campaign has used,and is voluntarily condoning and participating in them.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone has to go after Rassmann. Not in a cruel way, but no one has made much (that I have seen) of just how many stories Rassmann seems to have. At least not in MSM.

He is really being paraded around with that victim look and no one is pointing out the obvious: Rassmann's story (as recently as the WSJ article) changes as much as Kerry's.

There is something rotten here and think people are being a little too nice towards Rassmann.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw just a clip of the Kerry rebuttal ad with Rassman saying
something to this effect:
"I was in the water and EVERYONE was shooting at ME" . ( then Kerry pulled me out )
Not knocking him but it sounded scripted . With all the boats as targets why
would the VC try to shoot at a spot on the water. Why not hit the boat ?
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
I saw just a clip of the Kerry rebuttal ad with Rassman saying
something to this effect:
"I was in the water and EVERYONE was shooting at ME" . ( then Kerry pulled me out )
Not knocking him but it sounded scripted . With all the boats as targets why
would the VC try to shoot at a spot on the water. Why not hit the boat ?

Not to mention Rassmann, who by his account was only above water for brief seconds of time, getting more air. And that his position likely would have changed when he came up for air. Yet, the VC wouldnt shoot an above water, stationary target? Good point, Norton Pete!!!
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe him when he says he heard a lot of shots, but in going under and back and forth he could not have known where the shots were coming from. After kerry pulled him out he probably took kerrys word hat there were shots from the bank. He pobably knows that they lied a little to get the medals, lbut now it has gone to far and he has to stickto his story.
AF366TFW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also the matter of the Purple Heart Rassman got for action on 13 Mar 69.

We really need to know what his wound(s) were. None seem to have been mentioned in the spot report or the after action report.

Did he and Kerry cover for each other and both get Hearts for the rice in the backside incident????????
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF366TFW wrote:
There is also the matter of the Purple Heart Rassman got for action on 13 Mar 69.

Has anyone been able to confirm this? If true, I think a mysterious purple heart that had never been mentioned before is a BIG deal.

I would love some confirmation on this.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180

Last edited by tvaughan on Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a classic tit-for-tat, quid pro quo, whatever you want to call it. Rassmann does need his feet held to the fire. He is the instigator from over 7 months ago. He is the one who volunteered to come forward with the express interest in helping Kerry become the nominee. There was no national anti-kerry vets getting airtime at that time.

Perhaps he got in over his head (the campaign not the river). Perhaps the idea of being a stooge for libs has never crossed his mind. In either case there is no honor in anything if there is no honor-in-all. He is complicate in the lies of Kerry.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Curious... Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Rassmann: There is honor in coming clean, even if it is late.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVaughn,

Here is the confirmation you requested (it is page 2).
http://66.77.82.170/zheka/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: