SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time for a coalition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Time for a coalition Reply with quote

The Swiftees ought to consider forming a coalition with other veterans groups who also want to get out the truth. A press conference with POW's and other Vietnam veterans groups standing side by side and taking this campaign forward would have a powerful impact. It would be difficult for Kerry to demonize the POW's and other veterans groups as they are trying mightily to do with the Swiftees. The Swiftees have fired the opening shot and now they need to join ranks with others to close the deal. This is becoming too much of a Swift boat veterans thing against Kerry and the public will eventually tire of that. Economies of scale in ads and other expenses could also realized.

What do you think?
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Multifront war Reply with quote

Jerry M
That is the only approach that will guarentee victory!
There are other efforts to:
-sue the bastard for libel and slander (class action)
-file complaints to the FEC because of his 'aid and comfort'
-petitions to charge him with his 'self admitted' war crimes (The Hague!)

The only problem, WE ARE NOT TOGETHER!

I think the Swifties ought to act as our fulcrum. They started this ball rolling, they know how to fight combat, they have the media eye. With ALL of us behind them, my God what can we do.
How about a "Million Vet March" on Washington? Wow, we could probably even really GET a Million...!

DM Lambert
ex-SP '72-'75
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came here to see what the Swiftees had to say and haven't left since. I think that other groups looking to align themselves with the Swifts should come here, advance and be recognized.

The best dancer doesn't ask for a dance.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

Howdy brothers. There are now I have been reading other groups starting up recently. In this group there are many from all services and the swiftees have been so kind to welcome us all. I admit that i never ever thought I would see the day when such a diverse group would come together like I have found here. I have also seen where there are some groups getting together in various places for rallies. WOW. It is overwhelming.

But what ya'll are asking for takes much coordination and time and I feel that we do not have the time. But if each person can go and find more people and then those people gather more ETC. well ya'll get the point. we can do miracles. we must act now and decisively and not waste any precious time. GET THE WORD OUT.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad thing about your idea would be that:
Kerry now has multiple targets to try and stop, Swiftboat Vets (or Slimebots, I'm sure you have all heard that one), POWs, Vietnam Vets, etc. It takes a lot of extra effort for Kerry to counter-attack against several groups with different messages, and each time he refutes a group, he's alienating all of the people in that group. When he calls Swiftboat vets liars, a lot of people accept it, as they don't know any actual Swiftboat people. When he calls POWs liars, that gets a LOT of people thinking "Huh? POWs?" Next Vietnam Vets are liars, etc. It ends up sounding like everyone but John F. Kerry is a liar. That message is very, very disturbing to people.
If the anti-Kerry groups were having so much of a problem raising money that they had to group together to produce a single ad, I would agee with you, but if the several groups can manage to put out separate, independent ads attacking Kerry from multiple angles, I feel that is a MUCH more damaging strategy. You should also consider, if any one of these groups is shown to have a damaging connection to the RNC, and you join forces with them, the whole combined group is guilty and may be shut down. Think about that one. I'm with you guys no matter what you decide to do, though. Does my stance on this make sense?
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: agree Reply with quote

That is excellent advice. An attack from all sides is hard to repel. I do like the idea of a huge march though. many men from all services converging on washington, singing God Bless America, listening to a few real americans and we all shouting. Sign The 180, ALREADY.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: OOPS Reply with quote

The point I am trying to make is. We all need to be focused on the main issue here and this a swift vet site and needs to be focused in that direction. These guys are doing a bang up job and there is more to do. we can't go off on tangents now.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We COULD come together for a combined march, nothing at all against that. I think it would be a lot more effective if there were separate groups, though, under separate banners, Swiftboat vets, POWs, Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry, etc. More impact that way, I think.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

great but those things take a lot of coordination and time. the swiftees are up to their neck now and need to stay focused. they are now geeting attacked themselves and it is imperative that we all hang together right now. there are threats of dossiers, Friggin bush is now going to start legal actions and etc. we need to stay focused now and march together. the bset thing that we can do to help these guys is get the word out and bring more people in.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: zero in Reply with quote

I think jerry has the right idea, there all good ideas. We all know that there are other vet org's. but the swifties are being called lying sadistic animals thanks to kerry. I think these different org's do alot of good, but it doesnt take a sledge hammer to kill a piss-ant like kerry.
It would take alot to org a huge march agianst kerry, he would say bush payed us to do it!
What about this one? how about three or four hundred smaller vigils at your local VFW halls? with slogans like " kerry give us back our honor","tell the truth". or whatever?
It would be easy to get news coverage, better yet do it on some special day for kerry (when is his birthday?)
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: zero in Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
It would take alot to org a huge march agianst kerry,

Amarch has been in the plan for several months now for Washington DC on 9/12.

It's sponsor's info is at:
www.kerrylied.com

There is a thread on this forum:
www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1035

And this announcement/link on the home page here

Quote:
Sunday, September 12, 2:00 - 4:00 pm Eastern:
Kerry Lied Rally, Upper Senate Park, Washington, D.C. This is the primary national rally by veterans and those who support them to tell the truth about Vietnam veterans.

lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

I do hope i can express myself on this. I do not have the eloquence of speech to equal the fervor of my thoughts. Blue i really like that idea a lot. I do not know if the VFW are on the same wave length as the swiftees. Do they support Kerry? Bush? I have no idea. Maybe someone can go to their web site and ask them (if they have one). Then someone needs to go talk to em. Then even if they did then there needs to be coordination among em. Each group then needs to delegate someone and make materials and have meetings. etc, ect. See what I mean? It takes time to do things. That is what i was saying earlier. The best thing to do is each of us go out and talk and write to others. And those others need to go out and do so also. We have a little over 2 months till the election to go. I do think it would be great if there were rallies all over the land though. We can stand and be counted. Right now the swiftees are swamped with many things on their plate. ( at least I think so).

These guys need to stay focused on their cause right now. They are already all over the country going on talk shows and tv at all hours of the day. They are being threatened with lawsuits and attacks from the slime crews. Now our president is planning on going to the Justice department and taking actions against "all" the 527's. It is a huge mess these guys took on here and need our support. They have been masterful i believe in what they have accomplished so far. I mean a small group of men took it upon themselves to get something that was long denied them, their voice heard about a wrongdoing done many years ago. They have now put up a banner that not just swiftees but from what I see all the services. Trust me that is huge when you can get a jarhead agree with a army grunt.or any two services to come together yet alone ALL the services to rally around a common cause. But they have done it with something so simple, The Truth. God Bless Em.

If we all do a little something each as these men have done (apologize but I am sure that there were no ladies in swift boats at that time). Then a bigger miracle can occur. Get out there and tell others about these men. Call the VFW, American Legion and any and all and see if they would like to have rallies or anything else by all means. But I am following these men all the way. I may have been too young for Vietnam but i am old enough to fight now. If any one goes out there and arranges for any group to display the same courage that these men are showing then let us know and the ones that want will join them also. Just let the Swift Vets do what they have been doing because they seem to have known what the hell they were doing.

I for one will be behind them all the way and if the enemy takes one of them I will be honored to fill in to the best of my abilities. They can't take us all can they?
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Jaw Surgery at the VA Reply with quote

This may border on the trivial, but in my mind may be more evdience of a character flaw if he took advanatge of something he really wasn't entitled to. I remember years ago reading an article where Kerry had his jaw fixed at a VA hsopital. Can someone check this out ? My understanding was back then that a veteran could only use the VA medical facilities for a service connected medical problem or disability--it doesn't sound like he has one from the description of his wounds. The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps his purple heart status allowed him medical treatment that he would not have otherwise been eligible for. You guys are doing a great job.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Anti-Kerry Poster to be used Reply with quote

I am making a sign, hopefully to be followed by more (with silkscreen for mass production), and if you want to see the copy, I can send you a PDF by email. Just email me at Harwood_T@msn.com .

I did a lot of speechwriting, and also spent years giving lectures, and I can put together snappy soundbites that will get the message across for any who are speaking at rallies around the nation.

With this URL, you can see one side of the sign I am making. It can also be used for handouts.

http://proofs.fastsigns.com/?ProofID=3102134158262004&WebNumber=310

Keep up the good fight. We're getting traction in the polls, finally! And even some pro-Kerry pundits are having second thoughts now about their effort to suppress SBVT's free speech, and the new wave of smears. Kerry Smear "Campaign I" was back in 1972. This is Kerry Smear Campaign II.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: State-by-state Organization of Anti-Kerry effort Reply with quote

State by state organization of the anti-Kerry drive should be developed, so Vets, SBVT guys, non-Vets, etc. can be synchronized and brought into the loop on where rallies will be held.

I don't know if this Web site is set up so that Vets can easily contact others coming to this site and registering by state of residence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: