SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now It's Bigger Than Kerry

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yosemitesam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Now It's Bigger Than Kerry Reply with quote

As I read and lisetn to the news and the Swiftee site and watch the Anti-Bush, Anit-Republican, and Anti-War Demonstration on 7th Ave in NYC, I can really feel that the issue of telling the country that Kerry cannot hack it as C-in-C, is now moving on to something much larger.

The Swiftees, like a sharp knife, have punctured the pent-up quietness of most Vietnam Vets: Those that served, came home, saw the division in the country, and quietly got on with their lives. They never found a forum to express how frustrated they felt at the Anti-War Crowd and how they helped the North Vietnameese win the war in this country when they could not win it on the ground in South Vietnam. The liberal Anti-War media never paid any attention to them. They just got more quiet. Now, having watched the hipocracy of the left and the media for so long.... they can no longer be silent. The Swiftees testimony about the serious inadequacies in the character of Kerry, as well as his actions both in the Mekong Delta and back here in the USA, has given them an opportunity to identify and perhaps correct errors that have been made in the past, and give voice to the quiet frustration that they have borne all these years. The Swiftees indeed have given an opportunity for the whole country to reassess what happened back then and to come to another judgement about those events. Maybe thoughtful citizens in the country will take that opportunity. I am starting to think that they wil.

Swiftees you started something very important.... but I think it has gone beyond that to something even more important and lasting and important for the political health of our great country.

Thank you Swiftees .... please keep it up. You are helping so many vets finally come home in ways you never suspected.

Thank you to all Vietnam Vetrans... and their children, grand children and families.... who have worried about them in their own quiet struggle. Thank you for going when your country called and not evading the draft or running to Canada, or getting into a non-deploying reserve or national guard unit, or requesting deferment after deferment until you finally evaded in your own way. You went, you fought the enemy, you came home, you were discharged honorably. Thank you for doing that and God Bless you and yours as you think back over those years to what you contributed.

Go Swiftees Go.

God Bless America

PS Moderator: Sorry if I put this in the wrong fourm. I wanted to say thanks and more. Please move the post if you think it is more appropriate in another forum. Thanks forum moderators for doing what you are doing.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, yosemitesam - you did fine!

Thank you for your touching letter.
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Right on, yosemitesam - you did fine!

Thank you for your touching letter.

Just donated for my third time - THIS IS SO WORTH IT!!! THANK YOU SWIFTIES and please do not cave under any circumstances! Smile God bless you all!!!!!

note: BBcode enabled to support "quote" format
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: