SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some help on this communique from the Kerry Campaign, please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrawn21
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Some help on this communique from the Kerry Campaign, please Reply with quote

Some time ago, some idiot signed me up on the e-mail list for the Kerry campaign. I was going to delist myself, but I figured it might show any potential weaknesses by the enemy. Here's their lastest drivel and I need some help deciphering it.

WARNING!!! THE FOLLOWING COMMINUIQUE MAY CONTAIN NUMBERIOUS LIES AND DECEPTIONS. PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER, Smile.

After I read this, this e-mail sounded like someone in the Kerry Campaign was trying to play the "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" game with the Swift-Vets and Bush. Any thoughts on debunking this? Thanks.

"Dear Friend, (I swear to God she's not my "friend")

Five days ago, we asked you to sign a petition demanding that George Bush call an end to the smear campaign and get back to the issues. Your voices were heard: 400,000 of you have already signed, with tens of thousands more signing each day. Thank you for making it clear that this election deserves a discussion of the issues, and not slander and character assassination.

If you haven't signed the petition please do so by visiting:

http://www.johnkerry.com/oldtricks

Unfortunately, the disgraceful attacks by the Bush front group "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" continue. The Bush campaign denies that the two organizations are connected, but an obvious web of connections exists. I wanted to share with you a letter I sent today to Ken Mehlman, Bush-Cheney campaign manager, detailing the connections between the Bush-Cheney campaign and the Swift Boat Veterans for Bush.

Dear Mr. Mehlman:
For three weeks now, your campaign has been saying there are no ties between the Bush campaign and "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." But the web of connections grows wider and wider every day. Yesterday we saw confirmation of another connection when your general counsel, Benjamin Ginsberg, was forced to resign for providing legal advice for this group.

Enclosed you will find a chart that makes clear the web of connections between President Bush and the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." Now that you have this chart and the accompanying fact sheet to back it up, I wanted to ask you several specific questions that deserve your prompt response.

Ken Cordier served on the Bush Veterans Steering Committee and also stars in the latest "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" smear ad. As a member of the steering committee presumably he was involved in policy development. What information about the Bush campaign's veterans policy did he share with the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?" Did he ever discuss his activities with this smear group with anyone in the Bush campaign? How many times did "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" activities come up at Bush Veterans Steering Committee meetings?
Yesterday on Fox News, Karl Rove confirmed that he and Bob Perry are longtime friends. Bob Perry is the largest contributor to the Texas Republican Party and a longtime supporter of President Bush. When was the last time Karl Rove and Bob Perry spoke, and did they discuss the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?"
Based on newspaper accounts, we know Merrie Spaeth was involved in the underhanded shadow campaign against John McCain in 2000. She also helped organize the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" and did the debate prep for President H. W. Bush. She has also admitted that she advised Bush administration officials in the White House as recently as last year. Was Merrie Spaeth ever contacted by anyone from the Bush campaign, including you, about "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?"
John O'Neill's law firm, Clements, O'Neill, Pierce, Wilson & Fulkerson, has many connections to President Bush. In fact, Margaret Wilson, Mr. O'Neill's law partner, served as General Counsel to Governor Bush and followed him to Washington, where she worked as Deputy Counsel for the Department of Commerce. Did she ever discuss "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" with President Bush, members of his administration or any Bush-Cheney campaign officials?
If you say there's no connection, why did the Bush-Cheney campaign office in Florida pass out "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" flyers to promote a joint anti-John Kerry rally in Gainsville, Florida last weekend?
According to news reports, you have worked with "Progress for America," a newly formed 527 group that has announced it's going to spend $35 million to attack John Kerry and whose executive director is a top advisor to the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." Have you had any additional contact with this group? Have Karl Rove or other Bush officials -- either in the White House or on the Bush-Cheney campaign -- had contacts with this group?
How many times did Karl Rove and Benjamin Ginsberg meet? Did they ever discuss the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?"
These questions go to the heart of why so many people now believe that "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" is nothing more than a front group for the Bush-Cheney campaign. The longer President Bush waits to specifically condemn this smear, the more it looks like he's behind it.

It's time for the president to stand up and specifically condemn "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." Not only is this a smear on John Kerry's distinguished military service; it's an insult to all veterans who've served their country.

The American people want to hear an honest discussion of the issues. They're concerned about the economy and the troubling situation in Iraq. Today, as we enter week four of this smear campaign, I'm asking you to talk to the president and ask him to heed Senator McCain's call and condemn this smear. The American people deserve better.

Sincerely,

Mary Beth Cahill"
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: SBVT running a "smear campeign"? Reply with quote

First, let me state that untill further notice the US Constitution stands as is. The rights, freedoms, and privelages extended within the Constitution permit people to speak their minds (freedom of speech). For the DNC to attempt to silence Americans in America from exercising their Constitutional rights shows the value the DNC has in the Constitution. It is time to stop the DNC from trying to violate the civil rights of the members of SBVT.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man are they still trying to use that crap about a connection? God, they have more connections to Moveon.org of a more substantial nature than any ciircumstantial ones they can dig up on Bush and SBVFT.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good grief again!

They are so ridiculous! big babies.... I was thinking the Kerry reminded me of my kids (years ago)... pick, pick, pick.... til I'd thell them to go to their room and get over it - and whoever lived, won.

for most of it (the question stuff) I'd just say that it will be dealt with by the Election Commission.... just as all of their ties to their 527's will;

alot of the other stuff would be fun to respond to and send to them... I've thought about emailing them... but once you do, they'll block your email address.... best we could do is everyone take a turn.... if ok, I'll copy it over to word and play with it awhile... I have things I"D like to say to Bagdad John and Liar John and their puppets...

If he can't take this... he certainly isn't President material.... has anyone seen President Bush on tv throwing tantrums?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just ignore it - there should be a link to have your name removed from their mailing list at the bottom of the message.

You're not going to do anything to get through to them. They're holding on by their fingernails and bleeding from every capillary - the death of a thousand cuts.

And the avalanche has barely begun. Wink
ARW3A
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed it.

First Name: F*ckyou
Last Name: Johnkerry
Email: traitor@johnkerry.com
ZIP: 12345

It was actually very therapeutic.
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love getting messages from www.johnkerry.com

I hit 'REPLY' and send, in BIG BOLD TYPE, something like

"Please tell the lying traitor Sen. Kerry to sign SF-180. "

Of course I get an auto reply telling me to use the 'comment form,' where I do the same.

Totally ineffective, but I feel better.

Dont forget to check the "Veteran" box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: