SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Garrett- Fox News
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Major Garrett- Fox News Reply with quote

I wrote to Major Garrett to thank him for actually responding to my first email and received this (God Bless Him!)

Thank you for your note. I try to respond to every personal e-mail. As you might imagine I've received more than a few from Kerry supporters who accuse me of shoddy journalism and much worse. I respond to those as well but it seems to take no time for these critics to resort to vulagarity and ad hominem attacks. The one benefit of this is I no longer feel compelled to respond. All I am trying to do in this story is what I was taught to do....make sure the facts add up. In significant respects they have not. I believe many of my media colleagues expect this story to follow the "typical arc" and die out when it the media is turning its attention elsewhere, e.g. the GOP convention. But they have not met these Swit Vets as I have. They don't care about political timing or media distractions. Many are being pounded in the press and these guys in many respects don't have the media savvy to respond in ways that always advance their cause. In this they strike me as more than sincere. They feel wronged. They are trying to right a wrong and they intend to do that until the matter is settled. And it wouldn't make one ounce of difference if the president asked them to stop. They believe Kerry has hyped himself, sullied them and continues to wink-wink his way around the 1971 Senate testimony. And since Kerry has made Vietnam the crucible through which we are all invited to judge him, the Swift Vets are adamant about rendering their judgment.....even if it means taking a lot of grief from the chattering classes. I intend to stay on this story. I am pursuing many leads and angles. I thank you for watching and I appreciate your input.

All best,

Major Garrett (a Major by birth, not by service -- my only true regret in life)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just went way up in my opinion of him.. A great American...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZ's, Major Garrett!!!!

Man, I got that ol' eye sweat thing going on. Dang!

Thanks for sharing that, OsanFAC. I am so glad to hear from a REAL journalist.

I know there are others out there, it's just that we don't get to hear from them very often.

Bless him!
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked Major. He sounds like a good guy.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine too. I'd always thought he was a ways on the left from his days at CNN. Whether he is or not on social issues he's precisely right on this issue.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine too! Just go for the truth Major...no more, no less - that's all we can ask!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
JustaCowgirl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Major Garrett just became my favorite journalist. I didn't think there were any more like that around. Surprised
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have his email address?
drjohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might have to change his name to General Garrett. Wink Smile
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Major Garrett address Reply with quote

Major's email is:

major.garrett@foxnews.com

Please thank him, I think he may be one of the few real journalist left!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
drjohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: letter to Major Garrett Reply with quote

Major

I am a non-vet member of the SwiftVets forum. On their behalf may I thank you again for your tenacity.

I know you're busy, but may I attempt to add some input to your investigations?

1. Democratic flacks are always asking for "Proof" and Official records." John Kerry claimed he got his first Purple Heart for his mission on 2 Dec 1968. Kerry cannot prove, via legal documents and official records, that he was even on a mission, let alone prove he had any wounds consequent to it. Neither could Zaladonis and Runyon prove they were a mission that night either. Were Kerry the OIC that night he would be obliged to have filled out an after action report. There is no after action resport for that night, meaning there was no action; no hostiles, no enemy fire.

And no record of him being there at all.

2. Kerry's DD214 reads that his Silver Star has a "v." No "v" is ever attached to a Silver Star. Falsifying the award is against the law. Kerry himself said that claiming an undeserved award raise serious questions about one's leadership and integrity. Further, Kerry's first citation

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/militaryrecords_1.pdf p.7-8

reads completely different from the next two

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Silver_Star.pdf

The citation has been sanitized and the phrase "numerical superiority" has been added. At no time on 13 Mar 69 did Kerry face an enemy of numerical superiority. So who added the phrase and why? His shooting of the solitary VC was removed. The wound in buttocks is written in his after action report as having been caused by the mine that went off nowhere near his boat. Additionally, in Tour of Duty, Brinkley writes that his butt wound was caused by Kerry's own negligence. He was destroying a rice cache with a grenade and stood too close. No hostile. No enemy fire. The wound in his arm went from a "minor" bruise (casualty report) to "bleeding" in his citation. How that happened is another mystery.

I have more, but if I put it all in here I'd have to change your name to General Garrett for having read it all at once.

Thanks for being around. It is so darned frustrating to listen to either lies in the media and/or vacuity and have no venue to respond. Your efforts are deeply appreciated by all of us.

best regards
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy ####, there's a journalist left in America.
I quit that biz rather than fight it.

Major Kudos Major!!!!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great e-mails from Mr. Garret and to him. I also sent him a thank you e-mail with recommendations to look into Kerry's propensity to conflate more than one event in order to embellish the whole, and to arrogate the actions of others in events in which he was not involved.
julsmith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emailed him................thanks.
They're few and far between, but there are at least a few real journalists out there. Thanks for telling the truth, SwiftVets!
The Lehman story was all over Fox tonight with Brit Hume, and McCain says it's not going away. Yeah!
Smile
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Major tonight..I thanked him not only for his "fair and balanced" coverage, on our issue here, but also for his reporting in general. He was one of the only reporters that I would listen to on CNN..and when he came to Fox I was so pleased..He deserves a kuddo..I saw him today covering the Convention, and he as always did a great job..So, drop him an email if you so choose..I did, and I am glad for it..

Great job Major..keep up the good work.. Smile

PD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: