SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: Daschle Sees The Light?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: OT: Daschle Sees The Light? Reply with quote

Somewhat OT in that it doesn't deal directly with the SBVT, but I have no doubts that it's an indirect (and delicious) result. Not only is Tom Daschle conspicuously not coming to John Kerry's aid lately, he's now running ads showing what a pal he is of the White House Very Happy

From Drudge....

Sen. Tom Daschle: Tonight, the President has called us again to greatness, and tonight we answer that call.

Male Voice: In our country's hour of need, Tom Daschle made us proud.

Sen. Richard Durbin: Tom Daschle called us together and said, 'we have to keep this nation safe and secure.' I thought that was one of his finest moments. He really said in those moments what all of us felt, that before we are Democrats, before we are Republicans, we're Americans.

Sen. Carl Levin: Tom Daschle has a great inner strength and toughness, which is why Tom is such a great leader.

Male Voice: Senator Daschle helped forge a consensus to rebuild our military.

Headline: Daschle: Time to Unite Behind Troops, Bush

On Screen: Daschle and President Bush hug on House floor.

Male Voice: Tom won significant increases in homeland security and helped provide law enforcement new tools to track down terrorists.

Headline: Daschle, mayors pitch homeland security

Headline: Daschle Calls For More Body Armor For S.D. Soldiers in Iraq

Male Voice: And no one has done more to get our troops the equipment they need or ensure our veterans are taken care of when they return home.

Headline: Sen. Daschle receives 'Unsung Hero' award from American Legion

Daschle: I'm Tom Daschle and I approve this ad, because a strong military and a strong America is the best way to fight terrorism.

Last edited by FredRum on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daschle's just trying to fend off that political effect where candidates of the same party get swept into office along with the top of the ticket. Bush won South Dakota easily in the last Presidential election, and it's not considered a battleground state.

Daschle is having to fight for his political life....and well, we all know here that we wouldn't want Kerry in combat with us.
frigatesailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daschle's in a dog-fight in SD with Jim Thune and has been steadily losing ground based upon his obstructionist stance against the president and the republican majority. This is all just smoke and mirrors to hopefully fool his constituents into thinking that he is not a flaming liberal shill which of course is at complete odds with his actions in the past four years.

If he wins the SD senatorial race against Thune, he'll back to the same old liberal obstructionist stuff that so endeared him to the Dem kook fringe. For that reason, I (a Floridian) have donated $250 to his campaign. I had to withhold the money from what I typically put into my son's college fund each month but I think that my son's future with a college degree and the John Kerry's running the government isn't worth spit! Never fear though, I sold some stuff on ebay and donated twice that much to the SBVT!!! I love the feeling that my minor contributions may have an impact in a national election. I have never, ever felt that empowered. God, I love this country so! Very Happy Very Happy
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a change of attitude...just a change of strategy.

He's got his finger in the wind and he's in a tough race.

He'll be the same old obstructionist Tom if re-elected. Evil or Very Mad
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That light Daschle sees is the light of unemployment.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With any luck the only light he sees is at the end of a tunnel...and it's a train going the other way! Wink
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I never trust a man until I have his _ _ _ _ _ _ in my pocket." Lyndon B. Johnson

Last edited by Robert Cooper on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing daschle sees is the fact that he will be in search of a new line of work this coming late January, and there will be a new Democrat minority leader in the U.S. Senate. I think it seems clear now that the overwhelmingly conservative states of South Dakota have finally had their lasy belly full of daschle lies. 9-11 sealed his fate. He lost his election three years and three weeks before this Novembers election. John Thune will win. I'll be shocked if it turns out any other way.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Cooper:
Your blanked out quote needs a 6 letter word not a 5 letter word.
see http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/lyndonbjo135378.html
for exact quote. Picky I know, but it might give the wrong hint to those who haven't heard this quote before.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.John, didn't see your post when I posted before. VERY funny! That's the first thing I thought too! Smile Heh heh heh.
E-Squirrel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link to where we could watch this ad?
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Daschle Hugs Reply with quote

That's pretty funny ad when you consider that not 3 months ago the big news was that Daschle hugged Michael Moore after viewing F911...

That hug raised a HUGE stink in S. Dakota...
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Robert Cooper:
Your blanked out quote needs a 6 letter word not a 5 letter word.

BuffaloJack, you are so right! I used a synonymn of the correct word - although John Kerry would say that these two words are "absolutely interchangeable" - I stand corrected and edited my posting to add the extra underscore.

Good catch!
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republican Reply to Daschle's Ad:

Quote:
"Statement by RNC Communications Director Jim Dyke on Daschle clip
Mon Aug 30 2004 14:36:31 ET

New York -- RNC Communications Director Jim Dyke made the following statement today:

"Today the Democrats in New York are accusing the President of the United States of failing to lead and win the war on terror. Even Sen. Daschle must find these attacks baseless since his re-election campaign is running commercials embracing (literally hugging) President Bush's leadership in the War on Terror."

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: